Trading according to Karthiks strategy..

Does ATP method is prfitable for your trade?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Not all the time

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
count me in ,in comm though,and heres an afl

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartBkGradientFill( ParamColor("BgTop", colorBlack),ParamColor("BgBottom", colorBlack),ParamColor("Titleblock",colorLightGrey));
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowDates|chartShowArrows|chartLogarithmic|chartWrapTitle);
GraphXSpace = 5;
Plot(C,"",colorWhite,styleCandle);
_SECTION_END();
_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );*
_SECTION_END();
_SECTION_BEGIN("ATP");
B=Volume;
A=Avg;
Value=B*A;
Barsfromtodaybegin = 1 + BarsSince( Day() != Ref(Day(), -1));
Totalvalue=Sum(Value,Barsfromtodaybegin);
Totalvolume=Sum(V,Barsfromtodaybegin);
ATP=(Totalvalue/Totalvolume);
ColorATP=IIf(ATP>Ref(ATP,-1),colorBrightGreen,colorRed);
Plot(ATP,"ATP",colorATP,styleThick);
_SECTION_END();

gurmy.

Ok chart problem is resolved..adanient calls:
1.Initiatae shorts below 273.50 SL 276.45
2.Initiate long above 276.45 and SL273.50..
CMP:275.50 (9.46 AM)
If in doubt post here.. I will be leaving for office, I will answer your queries ASAP.
dear anup.

i think there is a confusion here

as per my understanding,if a candle closes below atp,only short trade will be initiated below the low of that candle

same way, if a candle closes above atp,only long trade will be initiated above the high of that candle

thanks

anup

Ambarish, Great stuff buddy... Did you see jatinder post?. and did u apply the same logic as it is in his post?.. If yes then great... Or you can modify...

Gurmy i think you are right...

guys here is the conclusion :
1.For short: ,if a candle closes below atp,only short trade will be initiated below the low of that candle ..SL would be the high of the candle
2. if a candle closes above atp,only long trade will be initiated above the high of that candle. SL would be the low of the candle..

Please post your feedback

There are many traders who traded with his strategy and had good sucess rate... I have done it for last two days.. You are welcome to take the back testing of this strategy..But the problem is you have to get ATP of the previous days, and nseindia will update daily ATP.. how will you get ATP of previous days..Lets see from tomorrow..I have picked only adani as karthik has mentioned it has a good success rate..
ATP can be calculated with reasonable accuracy using 1 minute IEOD Data. I have some Tick & some 1min IEOD data, should be enough for a backtest.

Will check it on TATAM to begin with.

Dear anup & internet fanbboy,

Here you can get maximum 24 Months ATP of any security..:)

http://www.nseindia.com/products/content/equities/equities/eq_security.htm

anup

Good work HEM... I request ambarish to back test as i am not having ami... In the mean time, i will check if manual back testing is possible

Last edited:
Ambarish, Great stuff buddy... Did you see jatinder post?. and did u apply the same logic as it is in his post?.. If yes then great... Or you can modify...

Gurmy i think you are right...

guys here is the conclusion :
1.For short: ,if a candle closes below atp,only short trade will be initiated below the low of that candle ..SL would be the high of the candle
2. if a candle closes above atp,only long trade will be initiated above the high of that candle. SL would be the low of the candle..

Please post your feedback
i have no idea which is jatinder post,lemme try a backtest ,i have data from june in nse

anup

Ok..I hope your AFL is according to the rules defined in my post..All the best..

@All : you guys have set the thread on fire...Great enthusiasm,..If possible we will bring karthik's for his expert advice..