Trade Smart Online

Hi TSO,

thanks for the replies. They clear a lot of things. However after going through this thread it seems the platform NOW has a lot of technical issues. As you can understand such problems during trading can lead to losses and missed opportunities. What is your take on that.
Also you have said that you provide an installation based platform, please tell me about it. Have a nice day.

Thanks & regards.
Hello IRH,
We have used Odin and Nest too. If fact we used to use Nest before the introduction of NOW. No software can guarantee 100% uptime whether it is NOW or Nest or Odin or even NSE, NYSE or even gmail. These have all at some point had certain issues. So it's an issue of choosing the best amongst the options available.

NOW has been developed by Omnesys and is being provided and managed by the NSE. Even if an issue does occur the NSE team resolves it in no time. It might have a few less features than a few other features but we do not think stability is an issue.

We provide installation based, browser based as well as mobile based solution. You can choose to use any of them as per your convenience.
Please click here to learn more about these options.

We've also made a few demo videos on NOW as well as for backoffice. Please click here to view these videos. Here you can see the NOW installation based (NOW Trader) software being used.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Also, if you need a demo id, please fill in your details on our website and one of us will be in touch with you.

Hello TSO,

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I understand -

NOW available as default trading platform (free). NSE & BSE (cash only).

Many technical indicators availble on NOW - ok that's good.

But how many days tick by tick intraday data available by default (free), because technical indicators do not work by themselves.

I do not need historical intraday tick by tick data, I just need real time tick by tick intraday data for the last 15 days + today for my trading purpose.This is similar to google finance and yahoo finance charts. The data is only for the last 15 days + today. Data previous to that is not displayed on the chart.

As google finance and yahoo finance data may be unreliable / delayed, I am looking for similar charting facilities on real time basis on a trading platform.

Do I still need to go for a data vendor for this simple and basic requirement?

You do not have any other trading platform - ok got it.

EOD SMS have been discontinued - ok. Do you have a plan to re-start it for a fee ?

Thanks,

Ramona Salvia
NOW is available free for NSE Cash, NSE FNO and NSE Currency. For BSE Cash there will be a charge of Re 1 per order.

We do have odin too but for our internet trading clients we are offering NOW.

About EOD sms for a fee, currently we can't promise anything as it'd require some changes in our backoffice. However, if there is enough interest from our clients we would like to look into it. Moreover, the contract notes are emailed at the end of the day everyday.

Trade Smart Online - Your last post on this topic (Providing Margin against LiquidBess) was in June. Can you please provide a further update on this. As a full time trader this makes a HUGE difference to me.

Consider I am using a Margin of 10 Lakhs. Most brokers provide a 10% haircut on LiquidBees but just blocking whatever quantity you specify. If I specify 1000 LiquidBees units, the same is blocked from selling. Any accrued units comes to my account and stays out of the block. Even if I transfer the shares to you should be able to calculate dividend on it - information on LiquidBees daily dividend is freely available.

Without this facility, for every 10 Lakhs, I will loose 70k+ in interest every year. Else I will have to maintain separate margins in Cash, leverage the cash to the fullest extent, put the rest in LiquidBess and continuously adjust the LiquidBess qty to maintain proper margin in cash - that is extremely tiresome and I will still loose interest on the amount put in cash. Without this facility the cost@TSO becomes much more than even anything at a full service broker at 1 paisa FNO brokerage.

Originally Posted by TradeSmartOnline View Post
Hello rockyrobust,
We'll explore other options that can be used for Liquidbees. But from what we know as of know it'd seem a little difficult. The interest (dividend) calculation for Liquidbees might be a little tricky and may have to be done manually and that could create issues.

However, we'll still try and see if something can be worked out.

Last edited:
Trade Smart Online - Your last post on this topic (Providing Margin against LiquidBess) was in June. Can you please provide a further update on this. As a full time trader this makes a HUGE difference to me.

Consider I am using a Margin of 10 Lakhs. Most brokers provide a 10% haircut on LiquidBees but just blocking whatever quantity you specify. If I specify 1000 LiquidBees units, the same is blocked from selling. Any accrued units comes to my account and stays out of the block. Even if I transfer the shares to you should be able to calculate dividend on it - information on LiquidBees daily dividend is freely available.

Without this facility, for every 10 Lakhs, I will loose 70k+ in interest every year. Else I will have to maintain separate margins in Cash, leverage the cash to the fullest extent, put the rest in LiquidBess and continuously adjust the LiquidBess qty to maintain proper margin in cash - that is extremely tiresome and I will still loose interest on the amount put in cash. Without this facility the cost@TSO becomes much more than even anything at a full service broker at 1 paisa FNO brokerage.
Hello thehalfbloodprince,
We do accept shares in margin. With Liquidbees the issue is not of risk. The issue is more of an operational one. The interest is paid out in the form of dividends. Moreover, the interest calculation is done on a daily basis depending on which demat account the Liquidbees units are held in.
The interest calculation has to be done manually.

For a few people this can be done manually. However, if the number of people are more this becomes a little difficult. Hence the issue.

TSO - Thanks for the reply.

* Does not NOW allow for putting a hold/block on a particular quantity of shares so that the same cannot be sold by me ? Or do we mandatorily have to transfer shares to you to get margin ?

* Manual Calculation of Interest- I seriously do not buy this. Your back-office software should be able to handle this. Everybody else seems to be doing it.

Either way, I think this forum would appreciate a clear response on whether you intend to support LiquidBees as margin in the futire - be it manually/automatically/only above a particular threshold of LiquidBEEs quantity ...something.

I am forced to carry this discussion here as my Ticket in your back-office system is lying open and not getting responded to even after multiple updates. Over the last 5 months I had only very good things to say about TSO, and am slightly taken back by this.

Hello thehalfbloodprince,
We do accept shares in margin. With Liquidbees the issue is not of risk. The issue is more of an operational one. The interest is paid out in the form of dividends. Moreover, the interest calculation is done on a daily basis depending on which demat account the Liquidbees units are held in.
The interest calculation has to be done manually.

For a few people this can be done manually. However, if the number of people are more this becomes a little difficult. Hence the issue.

Last edited:
TSO - Thanks for the reply.

* Does not NOW allow for putting a hold/block on a particular quantity of shares so that the same cannot be sold by me ? Or do we mandatorily have to transfer shares to you to get margin ?

* Manual Calculation of Interest- I seriously do not buy this. Your back-office software should be able to handle this. Everybody else seems to be doing it.

Either way, I think this forum would appreciate a clear response on whether you intend to support LiquidBees as margin in the futire - be it manually/automatically/only above a particular threshold of LiquidBEEs quantity ...something.

I am forced to carry this discussion here as my Ticket in your back-office system is lying open and not getting responded to even after multiple updates. Over the last 5 months I had only very good things to say about TSO, and am slightly taken back by this.
1. Locking the shares in your account will not help as the shares have to be given to the exchange against the margin that you use. The shares will have to be transferred to our account and we'll then transfer them there on.

2. The reason the interest will has to be calculated manually here is because of the following reasons:
a. The interest rate is not fixed and not declared. The rate AMC gives is for the past and never for the future. It is almost a daily floating interest rate.
b. It is a daily compounded interest and not monthly or annually
c. We wish to be transparent here and do not want to do any approximation in interest calculation.
d. We even called up Goldman Sachs AMC (they manage Liquidbees) to check if there can be an automated way to calculate the interest. Though they are working on it, they currently do not have a solution for the same. We'd encourage you to check the same with them for a better clarity.

3. As mentioned to you in the ticket reply sent yesterday, currently we are not accepting liquidbees in margin.

4. We are committed to serving you the best and here's the status of your ticket with us.
a. Ticket raised by you on 20th Aug
b. Reply sent by our team on 21st Aug. Attached is a screenshot of the same.

We asked for some more time here because we'd like to try once again if there's something else we can do. The fact that we called up Goldman Sachs (as mentioned above) for your query would indicate that we haven't forgotten about it either.

However, if you've not received our reply please do let us know and we'll check the reasons for the same.

* The reply on the ticket is a copy paste of reply given on traderji.com 2 months earlier. This did not help. But anyway - good to know you are looking into it.

* I am definitely missing something here about the complexity (I personally know Kotak & Indiainfoline provides margin on LiquidBees and among discount brokers - Composite Edge and Zerodha confirmed today to me on eMail that they do too).

Anyway - thanks for the reply. I will not pursue this further here but will wait for an update to the ticket.

1. Locking the shares in your account will not help as the shares have to be given to the exchange against the margin that you use. The shares will have to be transferred to our account and we'll then transfer them there on.

2. The reason the interest will has to be calculated manually here is because of the following reasons:
a. The interest rate is not fixed and not declared. The rate AMC gives is for the past and never for the future. It is almost a daily floating interest rate.
b. It is a daily compounded interest and not monthly or annually
c. We wish to be transparent here and do not want to do any approximation in interest calculation.
d. We even called up Goldman Sachs AMC (they manage Liquidbees) to check if there can be an automated way to calculate the interest. Though they are working on it, they currently do not have a solution for the same. We'd encourage you to check the same with them for a better clarity.

3. As mentioned to you in the ticket reply sent yesterday, currently we are not accepting liquidbees in margin.

4. We are committed to serving you the best and here's the status of your ticket with us.
a. Ticket raised by you on 20th Aug
b. Reply sent by our team on 21st Aug. Attached is a screenshot of the same.
We asked for some more time here because we'd like to try once again if there's something else we can do. The fact that we called up Goldman Sachs (as mentioned above) for your query would indicate that we haven't forgotten about it either.

However, if you've not received our reply please do let us know and we'll check the reasons for the same.

Last edited:
Hi TSO,
the links you have provided in response to my query directs me to a dropbox. But there no files are visible. What do I have to do to view the files? Do I have to register and login?

And though it does not concern you, can you tell me what's the yearly subscription for Amibroker charting s/w is? Or please guide me to some site/page where I can get this info.

Thanks and regards.