Trade Smart Online

Hi TSO,

for the benefit for all new traders including me I am posting a list of questions. Hope to get the replies soon.

1.Do your trading platform provide real time (RT) data or is it delayed? By how much time?

2.With your trading platform can I add multiple technical indicators to live data?

3.What is the interest rate on margin loans?

4.What is the margin for F&O trades both intraday and overnight?

5.When I buy stocks intraday will they be automatically converted to delivery at EOD if I don't sell or will they be automatically squared off?

6.Do you provide trading in ETF?

7.Do I need to have shares in my account for intraday short selling in cash segment? Can I carry it forward to the next day?

8.If I buy in cash or F&O segment with the intention to hold it for few days but at EOD decide to sell it will it be possible? What bookerage rate will apply in that case?

9.What are the DP charges?

If there are any more questions I will post them later. Keep up the good work. Have a nice day.

Thanks and regards.
Hello IRH,
Here are the answers to your questions:
1. The prices on the trading software are all live prices
2. Yes, you can add multiple technical indicators
3. For intraday purpose we provide a higher exposure but not for delivery. Hence no loan, no interest.
4. Please click here to see the margins we provide for FNO for intraday and overnight. These margins are only approximate values as the exchange changes its margin values 4-5 times in a day. This list can also be found on our website.
5. When you place an order you have to select a product code depending on whether it'll be for intraday or delivery. Conversion from intraday to delivery and vice versa is possible.
6. You can trade in ETFs.
7. You do not need to have shares in your demat account for intraday short selling. You can do so using the intraday product code (called MIS).
If you don't own the stock you can not short sell it for overnight.
8. Yes, you can convert the position from intraday to overnight and vice versa. Brokerage rate will be as of the actual activity. So if you earlier intended to buy for delivery but then squared it off the same day. The brokerage charged will be for intraday.
9. Please click here for a list of all the charges. This can also be found on our website.

Hello,

What is your trading platform by default (free)? What are the segments and exchanges available for trading on this free platform ?

Are other trading platform available for a fee ? What are the segments and exchanges available on this paid platform ?

How many intraday data (tick by tick) available by default (free)?

I want atleast 15 days intraday (excluding today) tick by tick data for analysis, will it be available on you trading platform. If yes - is it for free or paid ?

EOD SMS detailing trades for the day - free or paid ?

Thanks,

Regards,
Ramona Salvia

Hello,

What is your trading platform by default (free)? What are the segments and exchanges available for trading on this free platform ?

Are other trading platform available for a fee ? What are the segments and exchanges available on this paid platform ?

I want atleast 15 days intraday (excluding today) tick by tick data for analysis, will it be available on you trading platform. If yes - is it for free or paid ?

Thanks,

Regards,
Ramona Salvia
Hello Ramona,
We provide NOW (provided by NSE) to our internet clients. Using NOW you can trade in NSE cash, BSE cash, NSE FNO, NSE currency. There is no additional charge for NOW.

There are many technical indicators available in the in NOW. Please refer to the users' guide on NOW for technical analysis. It has a list of the technical indicators available on NOW.

For the historical intraday data, you might have to contact a data vendor. We have a tie up with Global Datafeeds for the same. As a client of Trade Smart Online one can get upto 40% discount on their data plans.

Earlier we used to send EOD sms at no additional cost. However, after recent the tariff increase we have discontinued that service.

Hello,

Thanks,

Regards,
Ramona Salvia
Hello Ramona,
We provide NOW (provided by NSE) to our internet clients. Using NOW you can trade in NSE cash, BSE cash, NSE FNO, NSE currency. There is no additional charge for NOW.

There are many technical indicators available in the in NOW. Please refer to the users' guide on NOW for technical analysis. It has a list of the technical indicators available on NOW.

For the historical intraday data, you might have to contact a data vendor. We have a tie up with Global Datafeeds for the same. As a client of Trade Smart Online one can get upto 40% discount on their data plans.

Earlier we used to send EOD sms at no additional cost. However, after recent the tariff increase we have discontinued that service.
Hello TSO,

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I understand -

NOW available as default trading platform (free). NSE & BSE (cash only).

Many technical indicators availble on NOW - ok that's good.

But how many days tick by tick intraday data available by default (free), because technical indicators do not work by themselves.

I do not need historical intraday tick by tick data, I just need real time tick by tick intraday data for the last 15 days + today for my trading purpose.This is similar to google finance and yahoo finance charts. The data is only for the last 15 days + today. Data previous to that is not displayed on the chart.

As google finance and yahoo finance data may be unreliable / delayed, I am looking for similar charting facilities on real time basis on a trading platform.

Do I still need to go for a data vendor for this simple and basic requirement?

You do not have any other trading platform - ok got it.

EOD SMS have been discontinued - ok. Do you have a plan to re-start it for a fee ?

Thanks,

Ramona Salvia

Hi TSO,

thanks for the replies. They clear a lot of things. However after going through this thread it seems the platform NOW has a lot of technical issues. As you can understand such problems during trading can lead to losses and missed opportunities. What is your take on that.
Also you have said that you provide an installation based platform, please tell me about it. Have a nice day.

Thanks & regards.

Taiki

Hello TSO,

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I understand -

NOW available as default trading platform (free). NSE & BSE (cash only).

Many technical indicators availble on NOW - ok that's good.

But how many days tick by tick intraday data available by default (free), because technical indicators do not work by themselves.

I do not need historical intraday tick by tick data, I just need real time tick by tick intraday data for the last 15 days + today for my trading purpose.This is similar to google finance and yahoo finance charts. The data is only for the last 15 days + today. Data previous to that is not displayed on the chart.

As google finance and yahoo finance data may be unreliable / delayed, I am looking for similar charting facilities on real time basis on a trading platform.

Do I still need to go for a data vendor for this simple and basic requirement?

You do not have any other trading platform - ok got it.

EOD SMS have been discontinued - ok. Do you have a plan to re-start it for a fee ?

Thanks,

Ramona Salvia
Using Nest Plus chart you can get last 15 days intraday data with 1 min time interval.

Regards
Taiki

Using Nest Plus chart you can get last 15 days intraday data with 1 min time interval.

Regards
Taiki
Hi
Can you please tell me whether the data time starts at 9.15 or 9.16
And if it is 9.15, then is it possible to download/get this data in .txt or .csv/.xls(x) form, using NestPlus

Secondly I understand that there are some issues with Nest Plus and it often hangs.

Thanks

Taiki

Hi
And if it is 9.15, then is it possible to download/get this data in .txt or .csv/.xls(x) form, using NestPlus

Secondly I understand that there are some issues with Nest Plus and it often hangs.

Thanks
Hello Kaydee,

The data starts at 9:15 am, and you can save the data in xls file.
I am not a regular user of NEST Plus, so can not comment on its performance. :)

Regards
Taiki

Hi

Thanks
Hello kaydee1127
For getting the data into excel you do not need Nest Plus. That can be done with vanilla NOW features.

For Nest Plus, a lot of people are using it but let's hear from the other community members how their experience has been.