Trade Smart Online

Last edited:

cloudTrader

@ TSO , your Margin Calculator is showing a straddle position requiring Rs. 38,000 needed as Margin but when I placed the order for the same , the amount blocked was 67,000 per position of straddle. Why there is so much of discrepancy ?

Also when I calculated margin for another 3 legged position which was a hedged position the margin shown was Rs. 58,000 but when I placed the order the hedge position was created with 2 Legs and for 3rd Leg the system required full margin as like a naked position. I am confused that is your RMS ready for Hedged trading scenarios where we place advance orders of 3 to 4 legs in one position.

This is creating lot of confusion as peak margin system has thrown the selling of options into a new zone of high margins and hedged trades are getting stuck due to unimaginable reasons.

@ TSO , your Margin Calculator is showing a straddle position requiring Rs. 38,000 needed as Margin but when I placed the order for the same , the amount blocked was 67,000 per position of straddle. Why there is so much of discrepancy ?

Also when I calculated margin for another 3 legged position which was a hedged position the margin shown was Rs. 58,000 but when I placed the order the hedge position was created with 2 Legs and for 3rd Leg the system required full margin as like a naked position. I am confused that is your RMS ready for Hedged trading scenarios where we place advance orders of 3 to 4 legs in one position.

This is creating lot of confusion as peak margin system has thrown the selling of options into a new zone of high margins and hedged trades are getting stuck due to unimaginable reasons.
Can you please share with us the sequence of orders asking with the support level so that we can check it accordingly?

Last edited:

cloudTrader

Can you please share with us the sequence of orders asking with the support level so that we can check it accordingly?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
The sequence was thus:

Instrument : Banknifty

1. Long 1 ATM Call

2. Short 1 Futures

The above 2 legs were executed

3. Short 1 ATM Put (This leg was rejected asking for full margin )

All Orders were NRML..

Hello VNS,

I know Box login, but what is this "Client Login" and "Branch Login" ? The Client login takes you to backoffice. Is it same as Box ? Is there any browser based login for trading ?
Looks like you are referring to the VNS website and not the TradeSmart website. If that's correct then that's for our subbrokers from the traditional model.

For browser based login for trading you may try any of the two links below
sine.tradesmartonline.in
swing.tradesmartonline.in (this is optimized for mobile but will work on PC too)

The sequence was thus:

Instrument : Banknifty

1. Long 1 ATM Call

2. Short 1 Futures

The above 2 legs were executed

3. Short 1 ATM Put (This leg was rejected asking for full margin )

All Orders were NRML..
Hello
We have checked position as per given sequence.

1. Long 1 ATM Call: Charged Full Premium

2. Short 1 Future: Requires SPAN Margin + EXPOSURE Margin at the time of order placement. Hedging benefit in SPAN Margin will get released once the position is created

3. Short 1 ATM Put: Requires SPAN Margin + EXPOSURE Margin + Premium at the time of order placement. Hedging benefit i.e. SPAN Margin + Net Premium benefit will get released once the position is created

So the basically Full Margin + Premium required for each individual position at the time of order placement and hedging benefit will get released after the position is created. So please plan accordingly.