Trade Smart Online

cloudTrader

Hello
We have checked position as per given sequence.

1. Long 1 ATM Call: Charged Full Premium

2. Short 1 Future: Requires SPAN Margin + EXPOSURE Margin at the time of order placement. Hedging benefit in SPAN Margin will get released once the position is created

3. Short 1 ATM Put: Requires SPAN Margin + EXPOSURE Margin + Premium at the time of order placement. Hedging benefit i.e. SPAN Margin + Net Premium benefit will get released once the position is created

So the basically Full Margin + Premium required for each individual position at the time of order placement and hedging benefit will get released after the position is created. So please plan accordingly.
Thanks for the reply. Hedging an already hedged position requiring full margin has such a nullifying effect of opening trades in a hedged manner.

I think that Indian Broking industry is still to catch up with the mathematics of hedging after this SEBI peak margin reporting exercise !!

cloudTrader

@ TSO ,

As I trade in Option selling quite a lot so I need to place orders through spread order mechanism in Nest Trader. It was quite easy doing it with your Nest Trader but for last many days the Nest Trader is posing a very frustrating problem. The platform becomes very slow in responsiveness , like opening order forms , filling values in order form. Quotes flicker intermittently with gaps of refresh. Earlier your Nest used to be very smooth.

I can switch to Swing Web app if it included spread order facility.

My Internet Connection is superfast fixed line and so internet has no issues. I tested Nest Trader from another broker simultaneously and it was very smooth so Laptop is also fine. I am mentioning this as the technical team mostly tries to entangle the client in such fabricated issues. Not referring to your technical team but I am fed up of such petty arguments by most tech team guys so writing this in advance that problem is not at my end and so I do not want to discuss anything with tech team which does not exist.

I hope you would direct your tech team to sort out this Nest Trader headache.

Thanks for the reply. Hedging an already hedged position requiring full margin has such a nullifying effect of opening trades in a hedged manner.

I think that Indian Broking industry is still to catch up with the mathematics of hedging after this SEBI peak margin reporting exercise !!
Yes we understand your concern. However, RMS (Risk Management System) used by most brokers in India is a 3rd party application. Probably this may change with time.

@ TSO ,

As I trade in Option selling quite a lot so I need to place orders through spread order mechanism in Nest Trader. It was quite easy doing it with your Nest Trader but for last many days the Nest Trader is posing a very frustrating problem. The platform becomes very slow in responsiveness , like opening order forms , filling values in order form. Quotes flicker intermittently with gaps of refresh. Earlier your Nest used to be very smooth.

My Internet Connection is superfast fixed line and so internet has no issues. I tested Nest Trader from another broker simultaneously and it was very smooth so Laptop is also fine. I am mentioning this as the technical team mostly tries to entangle the client in such fabricated issues. Not referring to your technical team but I am fed up of such petty arguments by most tech team guys so writing this in advance that problem is not at my end and so I do not want to discuss anything with tech team which does not exist.

Sometimes it does become a little difficult to troubleshoot this issue. We have had cases where our Nest was working fine on a user's machine but another broker's wasn't and vice versa.
However, let's start with a few things that come to our mind. Please let us know if you've already tried these
  1. Please check the date/time of the machine. Please make sure to have the correct Time zone/Country/Region should be INDIA. Also, pls make sure to match the time with Nest time (it comes in the Nest title bar). This sometimes interferes with NEST. Though this does not seem to be the case for you, no harm in checking.
  2. Please try to delete the %temp% files from Search >> %temp% >> Select all >> Delete.
  3. Please make sure to check the CPU and RAM utilization while using the Nest trading application as the said issue might happen due to high CPU and/or RAM utilization.
  4. Another reason the slowness issue mentioned by you comes sometimes if the PC has not been restarted in a long time. So in case that's the case, please try to restart it and check if it's making a difference.

@ TSO ,

How many items in your marketwatch ? If possible, have multiple market watches with only 10-12 scrips in each.

Also, log out once or twice a session (close Nest) and restart.

The issue is noticeable in the options marketwatch.

Does Nest have any "clear temp files/cache" option ??

cloudTrader

Sometimes it does become a little difficult to troubleshoot this issue. We have had cases where our Nest was working fine on a user's machine but another broker's wasn't and vice versa.
However, let's start with a few things that come to our mind. Please let us know if you've already tried these
  1. Please check the date/time of the machine. Please make sure to have the correct Time zone/Country/Region should be INDIA. Also, pls make sure to match the time with Nest time (it comes in the Nest title bar). This sometimes interferes with NEST. Though this does not seem to be the case for you, no harm in checking.
  2. Please try to delete the %temp% files from Search >> %temp% >> Select all >> Delete.
  3. Please make sure to check the CPU and RAM utilization while using the Nest trading application as the said issue might happen due to high CPU and/or RAM utilization.
  4. Another reason the slowness issue mentioned by you comes sometimes if the PC has not been restarted in a long time. So in case that's the case, please try to restart it and check if it's making a difference.
Ok , will delete the %temp% files from Search >> %temp% >> Select all >> Delete.

Rest all things I do make sure to be perfect.

Thanks.

cloudTrader

How many items in your marketwatch ? If possible, have multiple market watches with only 10-12 scrips in each.

Also, log out once or twice a session (close Nest) and restart.

The issue is noticeable in the options marketwatch.

Does Nest have any "clear temp files/cache" option ??
As this problem occurs almost right from the start time so logging out and restart is not helpful what I have noticed.

Mostly I keep at the most 20 scrips in each watchlist. I do tend to have more of options scrips in my watchlist.

I will clear the temp files/cache and see if it eases the problem.

Thanks.