Trade Smart Online

@ TSO ,

I rarely trade in deliveries , so have some doubts .

Suppose I buy 50 shares of SBIN today @ 2710 in Delivery mode .

Tomorrow SBIN goes to 2780 . That means I am in a profit

of Rs. 70 per share the very next day.

So will I be able to sell the shares which are now in profit or

I will have to wait for the shares getting transferred to my Demat account

first then sell them once they have been transferred in my Demat a/c .

I have come to hear about a term called Auction of shares and heavy penalties

involved with it . But I really have not understood the concept of Auction of Shares .

Is this Auction of shares related to the BTST thing ?

Would you please throw some light on this confusion of mine.

Thanks.
Hello Leonid,
Can't comment much on the policies of other brokers. So will just talk about what we offer.

Yes, you can sell the shares the next day too. However, there will be a risk of the shares coming short from the exchange. In that case you run the risk of an auction due to Short Delivery.

Please refer to the "Scenario 2" in our knowledebase article on What cause a short delivery? to learn more about short delivery.

You may also find another article How does the auction process work in case of short delivery? useful.

Please let us know in case you still have any questions.

Thanx for the reply, I would like to know if the process is completely electronic (scanned copies of prints) or physical copies of that specific form need to be couriered to you every time one wants to freeze and defreeze the demat account.
At present I do not have account with you but two of us (friends) are thinking of opening demat accounts with you as both do delivery trades provided the process is electronic.
Hi blisscapital,
As per the CDSL and SEBI regulations physical copies would be required. We understand it is a little bit of a hassle, but can't do much in that area.

cloudTrader

Hello Leonid,
Can't comment much on the policies of other brokers. So will just talk about what we offer.

Yes, you can sell the shares the next day too. However, there will be a risk of the shares coming short from the exchange. In that case you run the risk of an auction due to Short Delivery.

Please refer to the "Scenario 2" in our knowledebase article on What cause a short delivery? to learn more about short delivery.

You may also find another article How does the auction process work in case of short delivery? useful.

Please let us know in case you still have any questions.
For this query of mine your links were greatly helpful. :clapping:

Thanks for giving referring links to the articles on your website . This is a good initiative by you. I'll read through all the articles in knowledge base gradually .

cloudTrader

Hey TSO ,

Were you really ready to start with Commodities Segment ?

Your executives have ridiculed the whole process of account opening.

I have talked to 3 different executives of TSO and all have given different

reasons for my pending Account Opening Form.

I am not a novice that I don't know how to send a completed form.

Got really disappointed the way the process has been handled.

Hey TSO ,

Were you really ready to start with Commodities Segment ?

Your executives have ridiculed the whole process of account opening.

I have talked to 3 different executives of TSO and all have given different

reasons for my pending Account Opening Form.

I am not a novice that I don't know how to send a completed form.

Got really disappointed the way the process has been handled.
Hello Leonid,
We are very sorry to hear delays in your account opening.

Kindly send us an email about the same at [email protected] with "Attn: Sandip" in the subject and we'll escalate the same. Kindly also mention in the email the names of the executives you spoke with.

We'd also like to thank you for the feedback as it'll help us identify areas of improvement and help us serve our clients better.

Last edited:

soft_trader

Hi TSO,

I have some shares of ICICIBANK in my demat. The ex-dividend date for the stock was 05/06/2014. But till date I have not received any dividend in my bank account.

I want to know how much time does it takes for the dividend amount to get reflected in the bank account?

-Thanks,
soft_trader