Trade Diary of a Novice

ajeetsingh

Hi friends,
first let me, introduce myself
I am a software engineer by profession, developed love for intraday trading, 3 years back!
since then I had read numerous books on trading, some were worth others just timepass.
Among all theories, price action lured me most and I started watching Price action of liquid stocks and compiled daily reviews for future use.
as if now I have compilation of more than 1300 pages to refer.
So from today i am ready to do some trading using my notes.
For about 1 month, I will post my trades after market hours but as I will get habitual of posting, I will post during market hours.
Although I have paper traded with quadra trading system but in past day got many whipsaws so dropped.
I have also traded on 5 mins graph using some free tips scattered on net, which gave me 0.5% daily but this method is not suitable in long run.(I think so).

ajeetsingh

My charts will be hourly as I need some time to look into my notes before initiating trades which is not possible for lesser time frame.
Moreover I will do trading in office in free time so higher time frame suits best.
Stoploss will be of around 0.5% and target will fixed at 2% so risk:reward ratio comes out to be 1:4, so if I get accuracy of 50%, even then I will be in profit at end of month.
Price action is very hard to study thats I am starting with capital of merely Rs.5000 as I have only this much to loose.

Taiki

Welcome Ajeet,

Best of luck for your journey :thumb::thumb:

ajeetsingh

My measure of liquidity is prev. day's total traded value must be above 500 lakhs.
I use Amibroker as TA software & google as data feed, both are free ofcourse.
Usually for confirmation of trade, stochD with default setting of (15, 3, 3) will be used.

arjundas

My charts will be hourly as I need some time to look into my notes before initiating trades which is not possible for lesser time frame.
Moreover I will do trading in office in free time so higher time frame suits best.
Stoploss will be of around 0.5% and target will fixed at 2% so risk:reward ratio comes out to be 1:4, so if I get accuracy of 50%, even then I will be in profit at end of month.
Price action is very hard to study thats I am starting with capital of merely Rs.5000 as I have only this much to loose.
GOOD PLANNING
all the best...
:thumb:

ajeetsingh

Today i traded in Onelifecap with 7 shares which reaped Rs.13.5 per share.
Capital= 5000
gain= 94.5
misc charges(rounded off): Rs.4.5
Net worth = Rs. 5090
thanks God today i started with positive note.

Note: Amount hereby mentioned by me is indicative only as my real amount is different coz I am testing one more technique of smaller timeframe simultaneously.
At home I'm maintainig 2 separate accounts and will carry only the more profitable one in future.
This amount of rs.5000 is for testing purpose only
By my experience, i know paper trading is not worth for testing as real money is after all real money.

so here's the chart
(please mind one thing that I have predicted todays future only on basis of my past notes)

Hi Ajeetsingh, looking forward with your success here in the stock market world. Just like you I am a newbie in the field and I am looking forward to learn more about the stock market. Looking from your thread I guess I could learn a lot more.