Time Frames Vs Opportunity-Reward-Risk-Whipsaw : what suits best when, how, whom??

Is it useful to discuss TFs ?

• Yes - can help deepen our overall understanding about our trades.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No - perhapes it is just a personal choice.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Dont care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SavantGarde

Re: Time Frames Vs Opportunity-Reward-Risk-Whipsaw : what suits best when, how, whom?

Hi SanjayT,

Key Is To Be Versatile For Both Investors & Traders, By That I Mean, There Will Be Times When An Investor Must Don A Trader's Hat & There Will Be Times When A Trader Will Need To Don Investor's Hat, To Perform Optimally In All Cycles Of The Market.

Infact One Has To Be So Versatile That One Should Be Like Liquid, Where The Liquid Takes On The Shape Of The Container It Is Poured Into Immediately.

TF Is Just One Of Those Things, Huge Discussions Abound In Terms Of Suitability To A Trader's Personality, I Am Sorry To Say, But It Has Nothing To Do In Reality (Statement I Use, Which Unfortunately Can't Post It Here In The Forum) But Suffice It To Say Trader Or Investor Will Bend Over Backwards To Turn From Looser To A Winner & A Winner To Become An Even Bigger Winner...There Is No End To It.

Long Time Back I Had Posted The Only Quote I Remember Of Mahatma Gandhi "There Is Enough For Everyone In This World, But Not Enough For Greed"

Greed Is The Only Thing That Has Brought About All The Current Problems In The World.

You Analyze Any Of The Problems & You Will Come Away With One Conclusion - GREED

Brokerage & Miscellaneous Are Immaterial & Very Very Secondary.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Savantji
Agree on your point but then too there is the traders holding capacity heat bearing capacity and the overall condition of the market and ones trading purpose which also define the Tf one uses.

But one thing is true lesser the Tf higher the no of traders and more earnings to brokers and other expenses. with lesser the profit. And as no one one really predict the market it becoemes more difficult maybe not for a few who are successuful but for the general.

And higher the Tf more clear is the trend. Less Trancation less brokerages but tons & tons of patience to wait for the (Rome to be build ) to catch the Big move.

So it is all about what you want
why are u here for St/ Mt or Lt trading investing.

One needs to find out first what we want and in which Tf one is comfortable and profitable.

Just my view not in any way contradicting anybody as i said it is all based on our requirements

Happing Trading & Investing

St

Capricorn

Re: Time Frames Vs Opportunity-Reward-Risk-Whipsaw : what suits best when, how, whom?

Stock patterns and cycles are the same in all time frames. So if you can trade one you can trade them all. That would only leave MM to dictate what TF is optimum for your account size . But thats only my opinion.

biyasc

Stock patterns and cycles are the same in all time frames. So if you can trade one you can trade them all. That would only leave MM to dictate what TF is optimum for your account size . But thats only my opinion.
agree with you.....