Thoughts on Day/Swing Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are saying that the market was up and bears were trapped,again you say that when you say that , that will not be the case IMO, they would cover at every opportunity.
In a kind of market when the bias is up , the corrections which aren't deep enough are just retracements, else its side ways with no clear trend.By the way , market does not have to revert to its mean even on a long enough time scale, it may be other way round:D, there is a difference between average and mean for sure.By the way why only VWAP, any random line one sketches on the chart, the price may be away from it.Have you tested the VWAP strategy ?:)
Thanks for your observations. I have been using this strategy for a long time and I found it useful .....however if you feel otherwise, there no compulsion for you or anyone else to follow this strategy. Follow what you feel and believe to be right....

I thank you for bringing out your views on this strategy.....now it is left to the members to test themselves whether there is any merit in this strategy and our forum members are intelligent enough to understand what is good for them....

Smart_trade

Is it just another day or one day among many such days?
How many days have you tested , can you please enlighten. Don't get me wrong since I have experienced it many a times that it simply didn't work.:p
Not just another day.It was the 5th time one would have made money in last 2 weeks if one would have held the positions till there was extreme panic. Remaining days market did not give this set up.

Even assuming a conservative figure of 4 -5 times in a month, that is what you need to make your month's earnings......apart from your normal days profits.

This thread is about trading ideas....we are not talking about trading methods and systems here. It anyone does not like an idea, he is free to ignore it.....

Smart_trade

Smart_trade

hills_5000

hi ST ... the ATP and VWAP is rather diff from what i read up on the net. pressing the F5 on diet shows me the market depth LTP , OHLC , etc AND the ATP but not VWAP. So in your experience does it make much of a difference?

Next .. right now for e.g ..nifty futures are at 5045..ATP is at 5039 ...assuming that the market slowly moves up and the ATP remains lower than the nifty futures by abt 25-30 points in the last one hour , how does one read that ? are there any other points that one needs to keep in mind?

trump

Thanks for your observations. I have been using this strategy for a long time and I found it useful .....however if you feel otherwise, there no compulsion for you or anyone else to follow this strategy. Follow what you feel and believe to be right....

I thank you for bringing out your views on this strategy.....now it is left to the members to test themselves whether there is any merit in this strategy and our forum members are intelligent enough to understand what is good for them....

Smart_trade
sir, seems my words have taken a different hue, IMHO for any strategy its not the members, or for that case I or any body to have the final say, its the Master Mkt who will test it and give the results.I just wanted some clarifications for some contradictions in the post, thats all.I am just a trivial dumb trader who was just passing by, who thought to post out of impulse, bang me please.happy trading all.:D

murthyavr

ST,

Today's price action in NIFTY FUT was surprising after the 02:20 candle. It went
down by 70 points, and immediately made good all the 70 points, with a sharp
V-turn.

I feel that both the bulls and bears were trapped in this process.

Did VWAP help you in taking a trading decision in this particular situation? Could
you foresee any particular direction with this parameter?

ST,

Today's price action in NIFTY FUT was surprising after the 02:20 candle. It went
down by 70 points, and immediately made good all the 70 points, with a sharp
V-turn.

I feel that both the bulls and bears were trapped in this process.

Did VWAP help you in taking a trading decision in this particular situation? Could
you foresee any particular direction with this parameter?

No Murthy , in my view this pattern was not set up today.This pattern works on psychology of market participants and it has to be remembered that it is NOT a tool to predict the direction of the market and it should not be used that way....

Today after 2:30 in no bar of 5 min the difference was over 35before 2:30 it touched 35 but did not build on that and came down and was howering around 25-30 points. We need urgency and desperation of market participants for this pattern to play out...and this urgency is felt when the market a nearing 3-3:10 and when the difference is constant/increasing when the leveraged positions are to be squared off .
...if this difference goes to 35 in between the session , no one feels the heat as the trapped side also has plenty of time and hopes that they will get their price back......in fact I found that it is not possible to maintain this tempo for more than 1-1.25 hours even for winning side as they too tireout.....

In the end no side was feeling the pinch....both feel that they will get their price if not today ,may be tomorrow as market is giving both side swings and both parties are hopeful...no one is desparate. Also a requirement that large mass of traders are caught on wrong foot is not fulfilled.

We cannot catch such volatile moves on any method....you can catch them if you shoot at random without any set up...but shooting at random has its own disadvantages....the bottom was a breakdown failure and one could have caught that.But I could not catch the moves after 3:00

I am aware that the system I trade will not catch each and every turn of the market .....but it catches enough for making a good returns ....on my method there were 2 trades in Nifty Fut...one short in the morning and other long in the afternoon...both were profitable....happy with that...:)

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.