Tell a lie a 100 times and it becomes the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

*Hello jahan..
Your opinion in # my opinion in * mark..

*What i said in few lines you said the more or less same thing elaborately..just our perspective of looking at it is different..let me explain without being disrespectful...

#From ur above post i can clearly tell that,...u didn't understand markets very well.

*True..still trying to understand..and it will continue always..

#ur talking about certainty in uncertain markets....in my view consistency means following the method/strategy each and every time without altering the rules,irrespective of my trading results....

*I said the same thing..

#who said u that u have to use same lot size

*e.g.you have capital you trade with 1 lot which can stand maximum 10 losses at a stretch, if you increase your lot size 2 or above (stop loss remain constant) in both scenario will you be able to survive in the market?thus same lot..else within 5 or less at a stretch losses your account will
Blow away...

*if you increase your lot size then it should be within your draw down taking capability limit..and should trade the same lot size consistently..

#or u need to get same risk reward ratio(which is Impossible) to be able to get consistent results....
*For me risk reward and winning percentage is inversely related to each other...if your strategy winning percentage decreases still you can make money if your risk reward increases or vice versa..

#infact i told so many times that Risk-reward concept(people say u need probability of 1:3 or more before entering trade,and use T1,T2, T3 as targets) doesn't work...why..bcoz u didn't know the outcome of ur trade in advance.the only control u have at ur end is ur Risk on the trade....
beyond that u have to accept/take what markets gives u.

*E.g.Market gives you 7 win out of 10.each win 5-7 point on an average(market may give more) and one stop loss is 20 points..7*7=49 point win..3*20=60 point loss..brokerage also there..you are in loss even with 70% win rate with what market gives rule.. that is why risk reward and winning percentage are considered together..if we dont achieve our reward target then stop loss will get hit..but when we achieve our reward it will cover all the losses..so we have to find a strategy that considers both risk reward and winning percentage...

#what i care is Average Profit factor over "n" no.of trades
*is not risk reward and winning % is considered after analysing this while selecting strategy?

#when comes to winning percenatge....for me... the lower the better... i can trade 20% winning system why..i know that when i get profits it overcome all my previous losses....

*Again it comes to using risk reward and winning % together..recovering small losses with high reward when you win..

#what i care about is Maxxdrawdown

*Already told about it above..

#and again its a psychological thing.
*Its considered while selecting strategy..
#When comes to Brokerage...yes u have to consider ur brokerage fees in ur Trading strategy without that how can u estimate/trade ur system. i didn't find any firm(broker) who charges Nothing for trading...so that i can waiver that from my system(impossible).

*These days there is unlimited trade, broker are also there..so those who have high trade for them it will be beneficial compared to those who charge per trade basis..and if you have selected your strategy based on unlimited brokerage plan but you trade as per per trade plan then imagine the consequence..

#Regards,

I have no idea what you're babbling about ..... does it look like I require any advice from you. Winning percentage, Broker? commision? max drawdown ? Your post is not only irrelevent but also incoherent.

Tere ko samaj mein nahin aa raha hai kya?

Broker, commision, max drawdown, winning percentage and what ever else you babbled about will make no difference if you don't have a statistical advantage in the markets aka an edge, no amount of all the above or money management or psycholgy in the world can ever give you an edge.

Yare why don't you read the last para of my post again, its especially meant for people such as you.

This is my last reply to you, earlier I used to spend lot of time trying to explain to people such as you but then after reading the following words from Gerorge Carlin I realized its futile to do so.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Gerorge Carlin

Last edited:

jahan

I have no idea what you're babbling about ..... does it look like I require any advice from you. Winning percentage, Broker? commision? max drawdown ? Your post is not only irrelevent but also incoherent.

Broker, commision, max drawdown, winning percentage and what ever else you babbled about will make no difference if you don't have a statistical advantage in the markets aka an edge, no amount of all the above or money management or psycholgy in the world can ever give you an edge.

Yare why don't you read the last para of my post again, its especially meant for people such as you.

This is my last reply to you, earlier I used to spend lot of time trying to explain to people such as you but then after reading the following words from Gerorge Carlin I realized its futile to do so.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Gerorge Carlin
Hello,

Thanks,......u live in ur world(non idiots)...i live in my world(idiots)..."Tell urself 1000 times that ur not living on this planet" will it change the truth..........thanks for bringing "George carlin" statement...

Regards,

Last edited:
seems its all heated up..relax friends does it matter whether we are right wrong,idiot not idiot,fool non fool etc in traderji except to our false ego?..what matters is we make money in real life trading..we are here to learn and share our experience..
Aryabhatta way of thinking is different..so i request him to share his trading ideas on market.. So that we can learn from it and look market in a different way..

Lastly to the donkeys who may make a post saying you are wrong any strategy traded with discipline and mm will win .. maintain strict stop loss ... strict stop loss .... answer lies within you etc etc "I have nothing to say to you ..... I've heard it all before ... and I agree with whatever you say ... so go to some other thread

Your post is not only irrelevent but also incoherent.

very interesting topic started by the thread starter but equally fowl language or rather degrading language being used diluting the purpose and putting off many persons who might have commented on the thread .

i request the moderator and other esteemed tradersto share their insights on trading and enlighten other traders and struggling traders.

also one query as suggested in starting thread "the edge " doesnt that mean a holy grail . where mm and pos sizing and psychology are put at bay .

rgds

sumit

Last edited:
I don't want anybody's comments in the thread ...... I don't need them ..... nor am I looking for any advice.

The purpose of the thread was to share my insights and experiences to those who were looking for consistency in their trading and were tired of all the usual ..... the secret lies within you ..... maintain strict stop loss ... its all in your psychology because that is not the answer.

I made it very clear if you disagree no need to mention here because I already agree with everything you say, so no need to argue here .....start your own thread by all means and say whatever you want there. As OP I have the prerogative to decide what I want on my own thread.

Problem is members who mostly make pointless posts to bump up their post count feel threatened and although they don't know their ass from their elbow have to make posts just to get a sense of importance, even if they've been told "I already agree with whatever you say ..... so no need to tell me as its my thread ..... if you want to tell something to other members then start your own thread"

As we're in cyberspace we can be who ever we want to be, if we're a loser cyberspace gives us the opportunity to get a sense of recognition by making numerous post, especially in trading because so few succeed the majority can not tell what is correct and what is incorrect so they tend to believe anyone who makes a lot of posts and has a few fans clapping for them.

There are exceptions though there are members with a lot of posts who know what the are speaking about but they are the minority.

My thread was meant for the following

Some one who came to trade and picked a strategy but began to lose. So he was told the secret is in money management .... so he learns about it and disciplines him self to adhere to it and tries again .... but after a while he wins loses ... wins loses ... keeps his losses small but finds he is still losing his account ... so he scratches his heads and wonders what the hell is wrong ...now he's told .... its all about pschology .... the answer is within you .. you are the answer .... discipline , control your emotions .... pull the trigger don't worry about the outcome of any single trade ... think always in terms of the next 1000 trades ..... keep loses small, never risk more than 1% strict stop loss etc ... so he learns about this extensively takes him a few years and tries again bit once again he finds he wins and loses but over time his account is actually decreasing ... his losses are small but over time his account is decreasing .... slowly ... but none the less it is decreasing.

So finally he says "must be my psychology" .... so finally he creates an EA (uses the brokers API or whatever) to trade but once again after moany months he finds he's actually losing money .... if he still persists he finds after some more months or a year his account is in deep drawdown and finally after some more time gets margined out.

He then begins questioning himself where did he go wrong? Afterall he did everything the so called forum guru's said. He then realizes something is wrong .... when he posts about what has happened but the guru's are not able to tell him .... they continue to make post after post about the there must be a mistake in your psychological approach , you are risking too much , don't worry about drawdown continue to trade pull the trigger et etc.

My thread was meant for someone who has experienced this and looking for the answer of what went wrong.

IT IS MEANT FOR ONLY THIS TYPE OF TRADER and I made it very clear in my first post.

It was not meant for the gurus, I made it amply clear in the first post itself.

Most people give up trading after trying in the initial years those who persist beyond that with deep study and tenacity may end up like what I wrote above.

Not for your gurus, so no need for them to post here, and so there would have not been any need for their chmachas to come and clap for them in here.

I honestly believe although there are successful discretionary traders best chance of long term consistent profitable trading for persons who are not psychology guru's (like me) is to follow a rule based approach but this itself will not make you successful, in addition to this you need the other two components ie mindset and money management.

But without a profitable strategy you're dead already although you dont know it yet.

Its hard to develop a working methodology and as I said they are not easy to find.

With God's grace and years (because I'm not so smart) of struggle I had gotten on the correct path ans seeing so much BS just wanted to share my experience for those who are in the shoes I once was and those who wanted to listen.

I HAVE NO PERSONAL ENEMITY WITH ANY MEMBER.

I started this thread to dispel the popular myths which I have verified myself to know that they are basically BS, I planed on dispelling a few of them but this thread didn't even get to the second one :confused:

Some members had requested to share my personal trading experiences and I was also planning on sharing some basic working methodolgy which actually works (it may or may not suit you but atleast it works just like poker may suit your personality but blackjack will not - but altelast those games can be beaten) and maybe some other aspects of trading etc ... but now I really have no desire too .... sick of the controversy and really sad to see people feel so threatened by my one thread ... I said I already agree with what you say so why are you posting in thread of a pitiful trader like me .. this is not meant for the guru's.

You maybe masters of psycholgy or whatever but I'm not so .... its not meant for you ..its meant for people who were once in my shoes.

Anyway I apologize to anyone who feels threatened but my posts, I have no personal enemity with anyone. To those few handful of people who were looking forward to the thread progressing I apologize for ending it.

One thing is sure if you are absolutrly determined to succeed you will definitely find success no matter who tries to stop you, and how much people try to confuse you.

Request moderator Mr. Traderji to kindly close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.