TechViews

U

uasish

Karthik,

Not a Gr8 believer of Volume,hence dont know much,eager to Learn something fruitfull.Found this in another forum regarding MACD ;of which you are the best in our Forum.

Asish

Last edited by a moderator:

casoni

Hi

It has been some time sdince i posted ....

We novices traders jump from one fancy to another ... So my latest fancy is the VSA (Volume Spread Analysis)

Posting a study of Hindalco based on VSA principles....

Hoping to get some good feedback from the seniors who are price action experts...

Guidance and brickbats welcome

Regards
Karthik
hello sir,
so nice of you ...i was searching/ gathering inforamtion on VSA from here and there [ on net] and you have started new thread on VSA ...GREAT :)...please keep it up i am very eager to know more on this , i have read pdf ,but that was difficult for me to understand and your teaching\ explaining is very simple and clear ...NOW I LL UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF PROPERLY,
THANK YOU
* KINDLY IGNORE SPELLING MISTAKES AS MY ENGLISH IS WEAK

D

darsh_goswami

Dear darsh

As I said before I am just experimenting with the VSA stuff.

I have trying to gather all the possible information. But unfortunately not much is available. The Tradeguider Guys do give some information but what they hide is much more than what they reveal. Tom william's book too does not dwell too much in to the subject.

But I think I can build on the basics I have now. The idea of posting the chart was to get some feed back but none seems forthcoming. Maybe VSA itself is not a widely known subject and has not found fancy in the forum. Right now the mood in the forum seems to be on building complex mathematical model based trading systems.

VSA is nothing but mixing candlesticks with volume. But not only volume but also the spread of the bar. The main difference between the candle stick study and VSA is that VSA ignores the open. At this stage I feel that building a system itself out of VSA is not an easy task. But VSA does help one to read the charts better and understand the market better.

Right now I am a student myself. A student trying to teach would be nothing short of impertinence...

Of course I will definitely come back to teach when I feel that I gained some understanding of the subject..

I did think of starting a thread to discuss the various aspects of VSA. Now that idea has been put on the backburner..

warm regards

Karthik
Thanx karthik,...

Will be waiting for ur more words,..

And sorry for being late in Thanking you.

And 1 more thing . Rather then building complex trading systems using maths and bunch of indicators. I believe in building up winning strategies using simple tools of analysis. I dont know why but simple form always works better in any market. As Saint said,.. markets r not complecated , We make it. LOL.

Regards,...
Darsh

RSI

beware
The VSA have defect at its basic assumption. It takes volume at the face value.
forgetting the truth that, Mr.V is greatest master of disguise.

Neutral
I could not follow your statement. Can you please explain it a little bit more?
Thanks in advance and regards
R. S. Iyer

Hello Mr Iyer.

You can practically check the facts by writing a formula in your software, based on the VSA. beware it may be the trademark of the software maker, so dont name it as VSA.

Meanwhile I try to clarify myself in words or in theory,

VSA : The recorded volume information contains only half of the meaning required to arrive at a correct analysis. The other half of the meaning is found in the price spread.
Defect : What is the right interval for sampling the spread ?
optimizing wont be answer as it'll just show general tendency, wont complete cause & effect said in the theory.

VSA : The imbalance between Supply and Demand in the market, which is created by the activity of professional operators.
Truth : Its only created by Mr.V by anybody.

When ever we label the total trade quantity for the specific interval as, Volume, we should not forget that, these are the trading quantities by different entities for diferent reasons leading to different meanings.
And if you are imagining V as a single entity then you have to call it "Master of disguise"

These things lead to many people thinking, volume have no correlation of price movement, this is not the truth either.
Its one of the three dimensions of the markets.

thanks,
regards,

Neutral

hi all,i have jst completed reading the whole thread from day 1,found some nice discussions,looking at indices ,i can see inverted h&s being formed on wekkly charts,the heavy correction from 17750 around ,the current rise, and a probable sideways face in coming days,thereby passing 1-2 more weeks around these levels,should complete the right shoulder....hope active members will share their views..bjnaik.

kenneth

Hi Karthik

Since you have given your Tech view on Nifty, RPL, RNRL and Hindalco I scanned them based on what I undestand on VSA
Code:
Ticker	Date/Time	CloseConvergeBull BUY	MACDBUY TrgetRSITrgetVolaADX Change%	Vol	
HINDALCO5/13/2008	179.95	1.00	0.00	183.37	204.10	200.54	16.84	2.89	2876972	
RNRL	5/14/2008	107.90	1.00	0.00	117.58	133.45	124.53	21.24	2.27	21307460	
RPL	5/14/2008	184.00	1.00	0.00	198.64	220.27	208.07	30.89	3.17	25971300	
HINDALCO5/14/2008	192.30	0.00	1.00	179.21	201.74	208.79	16.32	6.86	7644173	
RNRL	5/15/2008	110.65	0.00	1.00	112.97	128.89	124.14	20.73	2.55	19948604	
RPL	5/15/2008	187.05	0.00	1.00	191.61	213.62	206.64	29.56	1.66	16505675	
Nifty	5/15/2008	5115.25	1.00	0.00	5103.59	5344.18	5310.42	17.56	2.07	518821152	
Nifty	5/16/2008	5157.70	0.00	1.00	5050.82	5306.89	5326.42	17.50	0.83	553208960
RNRL has shown divergence on 16/05/2008
By viewing your charts could you please give your comments
Thanks & Regards
ken

RSI

Hello Mr Iyer.

You can practically check the facts by writing a formula in your software, based on the VSA. beware it may be the trademark of the software maker, so dont name it as VSA.

Meanwhile I try to clarify myself in words or in theory,

Defect : What is the right interval for sampling the spread ?
optimizing wont be answer as it'll just show general tendency, wont complete cause & effect said in the theory.

Truth : Its only created by Mr.V by anybody.

When ever we label the total trade quantity for the specific interval as, Volume, we should not forget that, these are the trading quantities by different entities for diferent reasons leading to different meanings.
And if you are imagining V as a single entity then you have to call it "Master of disguise"

These things lead to many people thinking, volume have no correlation of price movement, this is not the truth either.
Its one of the three dimensions of the markets.

thanks,
regards,

Neutral
Here I remember a radical suggestion given by another veteran. It took me very long time to grasp this aspect. He says we must view price and volume as continuous flow. In our context it starts from 9.55 A. M. and closes at 3.30 P. M. The bar interval is only a trick played by software. Market does not bother whether 5 minute and/or 15 minute/60 minute bar is closed or not. He says, unless all trading activity comes to absolute close and unless everyone goes home there is no point in looking at bar. We must view the price and volume as a continuos flow until then. This view indeed makes lot of sense. I think this answers defect no. 1 mentioned by you. Yes I agree. There is too much bragging about big players trying to mislead small guys like us in VSA. But the point which VSA tries to highlight is the effect of volume on price and the spread.