Technical Analysis - Practice trades

mindgames

Trade 17 of 2016

Stock: CIPLA
Buy: 537 on 3 May 2016
Sell: 521.2 on 16 May 2016
Holding period: 13 days
Trade reason: Appears to have support at past 2 months' lows.

Comments
1. Plan was to hold this for the long term.
2. Entered with Mar/Apr-16 lows as SL. Exited earlier due to weak price action.

mindgames

Trade 18 of 2016

Stock: JETAIRWAYS
Buy: 646 on 12 May 2016
Sell: 604.45 on 20 May 2016
Holding period: 8 days
Trade reason: Ichimoku setup

Comments
1. Entered with 598 as stop loss. Exited earlier due to weak price action.

lol. Just a co-incidence that I exited / was stopped at those bars...

I am new to candle stick chart analysis and looking at past few analysis put forth by mindgames, seems to be very helpful in relating my thoughts and understanding with experts perspective. Any reason why this topic is not active anymore? or is there any other similar topic opened?
Views on latest candlestick chart would be a good aid to polish my understanding in this case. I would be able to relate it to the book study I have been doing with the charts.

Trade 18 of 2016

Stock: JETAIRWAYS
Buy: 646 on 12 May 2016
Sell: 604.45 on 20 May 2016
Holding period: 8 days
Trade reason: Ichimoku setup

Comments
1. Entered with 598 as stop loss. Exited earlier due to weak price action.
Hey.What are those dots?
ARe they semafor?

regards
mtf

mindgames

I am new to candle stick chart analysis and looking at past few analysis put forth by mindgames, seems to be very helpful in relating my thoughts and understanding with experts perspective. Any reason why this topic is not active anymore? or is there any other similar topic opened?
Views on latest candlestick chart would be a good aid to polish my understanding in this case. I would be able to relate it to the book study I have been doing with the charts.
I started with candlesticks (Steve nison's book). However they do not work well unless you read them in conjunction with support / resistance, chart pattern, trend etc. In fact they are of lesser importance than concepts such as support/resistance, trend, patterns etc

So my opinion would be that you start incorporating them into your study from the beginning stages itself.

mindgames

Trade 19 of 2016

Stock: DISHTV
Buy: 96.075 on 13 May 2016
Sell: 89.05 on 23 May 2016
Holding period: 10 days
Trade reason: Breakout & Ichimoku setup

Comments
1. Stopped out by trailing SL on results day.

mindgames

Trade 20 of 2016

Stock: OMAXE
Buy: 141.15 on 3 Mar 2016
Sell: 2/3 on 24 May 2016 @ 150.65, Balance 1/3 on 10 June 2016 @ 153.8
Holding period: 82 / 99 days
Trade reason: Stock broke out of multi year trading range and closed above the highs of this range.

Comments
1. Did not confirm breakout with volume - still worked though.
2. On 31 Mar 2016, could not place SL due to a personal emergency. Price broke down on this day and breached my SL but there was huge buying interest and within moments the stock recovered. Learning: Place SL not right under a pivot low as you might get stopped on a shakeout bar. Alternatively, wait for probable close below SL.
3. One of the longest holding periods.
4. Exit on break-down below previous resistance at good volume. Price did not recover next day.

Last edited: