Teach A Man To Fish And.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint said:
Hi Friends,

I have not had time to concentrate on this thread due to a variety of reasons,and my deepest apologies to the sincere earnest student who had wanted to learn and feel let down.......once again,my sincere apologies.

As we had discussed,we have realised the great importance of the very basics.To assess the trend is sometimes easier than it looks,and to act on it more difficult than it seems.But dealing with the mind is another different topic in itself and we shall come to it in due time.

We have so far done trends,pivots,trendlines,supports and resistances among others,and a few important patterns..........Due to the variety of time constraints,please go to http://www.stockcharts.com/education/ChartAnalysis/chartPatternsNode.html

To be a trader pulling profits from the markets on a regular basis,one has to keep things simple.......I believe the above website puts it down to its simplest.Very easily understood,and as far as patterns are concerned,all that is required.There are some amongst us,from an older school of thought, who would still like to hold a book in our hands as we pour through the facts.Probably then you may have to go hunting for the book........Else these facts are enough.

After reading,we can always discuss charts and the doubts before proceeding to other things.....

Happy Trading!
Saint
Thanks Saint for the link......:)

JayRaj

Hi Saint (as per your instruction, would not add any title though I sincerely would like to address you with utmost respect),

I have been visiting this site for about three weeks now. As any novice to the stock market, I straightaway hit the threads giving tips, recommendations with the hope (and greed) that I will get some free tips/ calls and I would be able to make a quick buck in my spare time. However, over this period (and thanks to the turmoil in the market), I could not lay my hands on anything concrete.

Reading the various threads where seniors frequently mention all the technical jargon, I decided to learn the meanings of a few technical myself. As a result, two days back, I clicked on the technical section of this website and happened to look at this thread.

Since then, I have gone through this thread "word by word" three times!! I have also made a copy of the entire thread for reference. Cos' I realised I do not want to make (or lose) money at the mercy of others and I will take it onto myself to learn the nitty-gritties of trading and do it myself. I know it is a long journey, but its said that the first step taken is job half done.

I would like to thank you for providing this vital information on trading and teaching us how to fish.

I will now read this entire thread twice over the weekend, look at a few charts myself, and take the plunge in deep waters next week and catch the fish with my bare hands (like the Anand Rathi ad!!).

I will definitely keep you posted on the progress (successful or otherwise).

Thanks and ton again,

Pranay

Saint said:
Hi Spark,

First of all,thank you for those very warm remarks....

Secondly,great attitude,my friend...........It is great to hear that one doesn't take part in the markets theses days for want of knowledge.With the markets going in a vertical direction,every friend and relative had seemingly turned into professional analysts and traders.What with tips and calls flying about right,left and centre,it is indeed wonderful to know of one such as yourself who did not take part for the want of knowledge.You may not realize it right now,but that was an important STEP 1 in the right direction.

And as for the other point,there are instituitions(I refrain from naming them here),not just in the business of the stock market,but in other avenues as well,that thrive on the ignorance of the common man.To tell you the tricks of the trade is robbing them of their importance and their ability to make money off you.The strangest thing is that these very analysts,be they through their websites,or newsletters,giving trades on a daily basis,advising you on this company or that,......do not trade!!!Their money is made off you,and not from the markets,and that is what makes the whole thing nauseous and revolting.

It is not just in this thread but in many other threads in the Traderji forum,that you will find great traders,making their living out of the markets,or having a regular job and adding to their income by trading the markets.......if you are not confident of stock trading,educate yourself on all the nuances of investing.If you are not into direct involvement in the markets,and are more interested in the Mutual Fund Industry,then again,you take that informed decision.Same for any other form of invstments.For that a certain basic education in that field is a must.

I sincerely hope that this forum would be a start to your Education,and let not the high priests of trading stand between you and Education..........always remember that there is more money to be made from the markets.May not be as easy money as the "other way",but believe me it is much,much more rewarding.

Wishing you all the very best in all endeavours,be it in the markets or in Life.

Saint

dear Saint
greetings and many many thanks for your encouraging response to my posting. And with these words my education has already begun. At traderji I feel like in the safest of hands which will make me stronger enough to save myself from the sharks rampant in the sea of stock markets.
with regards.

Hi Saint:
I am a beginner to trading. I would like to thank you for the efforts you put in explaining the technical jargon with real life examples.

Great work;
Shanky

pranayd said:
Hi Saint (as per your instruction, would not add any title though I sincerely would like to address you with utmost respect),

I have been visiting this site for about three weeks now. As any novice to the stock market, I straightaway hit the threads giving tips, recommendations with the hope (and greed) that I will get some free tips/ calls and I would be able to make a quick buck in my spare time. However, over this period (and thanks to the turmoil in the market), I could not lay my hands on anything concrete.

Reading the various threads where seniors frequently mention all the technical jargon, I decided to learn the meanings of a few technical myself. As a result, two days back, I clicked on the technical section of this website and happened to look at this thread.

Since then, I have gone through this thread "word by word" three times!! I have also made a copy of the entire thread for reference. Cos' I realised I do not want to make (or lose) money at the mercy of others and I will take it onto myself to learn the nitty-gritties of trading and do it myself. I know it is a long journey, but its said that the first step taken is job half done.

I would like to thank you for providing this vital information on trading and teaching us how to fish.

I will now read this entire thread twice over the weekend, look at a few charts myself, and take the plunge in deep waters next week and catch the fish with my bare hands (like the Anand Rathi ad!!).

I will definitely keep you posted on the progress (successful or otherwise).

Thanks and ton again,

Pranay
Great going,Pranay......and feel free to ask if you have any doubts.Shall help as much as possible.

Like I have said before,one needs education before trading,and one needs a burning desire to learn and succeed to succeed.

I feel you have them both...........wishing you all the very best on your path to Trading Mastery.

Saint

hey saint,
Sorry for posting a question so many days after u posted this..... Had no other choice coz i joined tradeji a week back and noticed this amazing thread only today.
Now onto my doubt..ehh question! In the above graph for cisco shouldnt the support be at 16.93 and not the 17.68 like u have shown there.Or is it 16.93 for the wave which started a lil before nov and extended till dec..??

Saint said:
Great going,Pranay......and feel free to ask if you have any doubts.Shall help as much as possible.

Like I have said before,one needs education before trading,and one needs a burning desire to learn and succeed to succeed.

I feel you have them both...........wishing you all the very best on your path to Trading Mastery.

Saint
Hi Saint,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. With your guidance and blessings, I was able to catch my FIRST fish today (albeit a small one!). You are cordially invited for dinner tonight, since I would like to share my first fish with you!!! Give your preference...would you have curry of fried??:D :D

Cheers,

Pranay

Last edited:
Hi Saint,

Thanks for the teaching so far.Once you get back to the forum,looking forward to more.Hope you continue this thread.......

Jay Raj

pranayd said:
Hi Saint,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. With your guidance and blessings, I was able to catch my FIRST fish today (albeit a small one!). You are cordially invited for dinner tonight, since I would like to share my first fish with you!!! Give your preference...would you have curry of fried??:D

Cheers,

Pranay
:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.