Teach a Dumb-Fool Student of Mkt.

oilman5

What does Mind Game means.
Any trader at the start of his trading carrer gets Rush of Adrenaline when the trade goes
against him,this is Biological Science .This is the precise reason why i despise those
people speaking Hi-Funda,Bookish knowledge,they will be narrating experience of Gr8
trader's reading their books,those are deductive/inductive knowledge.It is true if i jump
from a 10 storied building i will die,i do not actually do it to gain that knowledge,that is
deductive.Hence logicaly one may say Books will give us deductive knowledge.No it cant
becoz i dont know ME ,when 0.10 paisa in 1 Lot of IFCI is Rs 787.50 + Brokerage & if
it goes 1.50 against me ,my blood stream will be pumped with a Rush of Adrenaline,
pupils dialeted , brain getting slowly non-responsive ,then all those deductive knowledge
will evaporate.I dont know whether i will reach that stage at Rs2.50 or Rs 3.50 minus
from original Long Entry price.
Plz dont believe people's who says it has never happened with him ,he had absolute
control on his emotions at the beginning of his Trading life,he is simply a paper trader
best orator in a Tea party ,highly knowledgeable,trust me he is a Liar.
Those who trades on own money not leveraged,he will simply hold & may not experience
this Rush of adreanaline,doing quite OK.
I am talking only of those people doing Intraday or on Leveraged a/c.
After the ego & money gets bruised then the Learning starts.After that trader returns to
drawing board getting every thing done absolutely perfect on the Drawing Board ,he will plunge
again somewhat preapeared,then again that Rush of Adrenaline but now he has read
psychology ,MM/RM ,so he will try to cope up but Mkt is so unkind many SL will still be Hit
OR he will become bold & stray away from his self imposed discipline.
Again he will knocked out flat on the mat then he will have a DEEP introspection,
here the process of un-learning starts.Mkt constitues of exteremly Smart people.They know
everything.Nothing is SURE / GAURANTED for us.All these TA / NN / GA ,there is no sure path.
This is a Loner's Trade.People will never share his secret,not becoz he his selffish but more
for the reason that if it is followed by many then instantly Smart Mkt guys will decipher it &
the edge will vanish.The moment the Trader learns to dissociate himself from Price emotionaly ,
looks at it objectively,treat trading as an everyday activity as in any other business,he will
piously follow his simple rules ,will never look through his ears but by his eyes ,know himself
& his comfort level then at the end of month he will mostly be rewarded.
All through out my trading carrer i belived & still believe knowledge has to be Evolutionary
as a chick breaks from an eggshell ,it can not be inductive or deductive.Yes inductive & deductive
input can hasten that Evolution ,but that process is absolutely a lonely self process.
I am trying my level best day-in & day-out dont know when will i advance atleast 1 step from
where i have started.Still in the incubator.Mkt is my everyday affair since few yrs still i cant
fathom anything have no inkling.
However as i am extremely scare-ed to preserve my Equity the smaller TF has min. SL &
modest reward ,which suits me.
let us study this excellent work of asishda
1. he tells us how a trader is born......and learn steps to walk
2. giving highest priority to unlearning and win over own humilation.........here most beginner fail.
3.subjective,subjective...subjective........deductive knowledge
[may i add another word....flexibility to act]
4. after ego and money bruised.........eye and rationality born
5. deep introspection .....another key theme
6. why a baby......keeps its secret.......otherwise nomore secret.........
7.NN......this term i dont know
8. hi.......he coughs trade secret.........the best rm and why
kudos to the great trader ........ASISHDA
7STAR.......ONLY I CAN GIVE[I HAVE SEEN 5STAR ONLY]
WITH REGARDS AS ALWAYS

biyasc

What does Mind Game means.
Any trader at the start of his trading carrer gets Rush of Adrenaline when the trade goes
against him,this is Biological Science .This is the precise reason why i despise those
people speaking Hi-Funda,Bookish knowledge,they will be narrating experience of Gr8
trader's reading their books,those are deductive/inductive knowledge.It is true if i jump
from a 10 storied building i will die,i do not actually do it to gain that knowledge,that is
deductive.Hence logicaly one may say Books will give us deductive knowledge.No it cant
becoz i dont know ME ,when 0.10 paisa in 1 Lot of IFCI is Rs 787.50 + Brokerage & if
it goes 1.50 against me ,my blood stream will be pumped with a Rush of Adrenaline,
pupils dialeted , brain getting slowly non-responsive ,then all those deductive knowledge
will evaporate.I dont know whether i will reach that stage at Rs2.50 or Rs 3.50 minus
from original Long Entry price.
Plz dont believe people's who says it has never happened with him ,he had absolute
control on his emotions at the beginning of his Trading life,he is simply a paper trader
best orator in a Tea party ,highly knowledgeable,trust me he is a Liar.
Those who trades on own money not leveraged,he will simply hold & may not experience
this Rush of adreanaline,doing quite OK.
I am talking only of those people doing Intraday or on Leveraged a/c.
After the ego & money gets bruised then the Learning starts.After that trader returns to
drawing board getting every thing done absolutely perfect on the Drawing Board ,he will plunge
again somewhat preapeared,then again that Rush of Adrenaline but now he has read
psychology ,MM/RM ,so he will try to cope up but Mkt is so unkind many SL will still be Hit
OR he will become bold & stray away from his self imposed discipline.
Again he will knocked out flat on the mat then he will have a DEEP introspection,
here the process of un-learning starts.Mkt constitues of exteremly Smart people.They know
everything.Nothing is SURE / GAURANTED for us.All these TA / NN / GA ,there is no sure path.
This is a Loner's Trade.People will never share his secret,not becoz he his selffish but more
for the reason that if it is followed by many then instantly Smart Mkt guys will decipher it &
the edge will vanish.The moment the Trader learns to dissociate himself from Price emotionaly ,
looks at it objectively,treat trading as an everyday activity as in any other business,he will
piously follow his simple rules ,will never look through his ears but by his eyes ,know himself
& his comfort level then at the end of month he will mostly be rewarded.
All through out my trading carrer i belived & still believe knowledge has to be Evolutionary
as a chick breaks from an eggshell ,it can not be inductive or deductive.Yes inductive & deductive
input can hasten that Evolution ,but that process is absolutely a lonely self process.
I am trying my level best day-in & day-out dont know when will i advance atleast 1 step from
where i have started.Still in the incubator.Mkt is my everyday affair since few yrs still i cant
fathom anything have no inkling.
However as i am extremely scare-ed to preserve my Equity the smaller TF has min. SL &
modest reward ,which suits me.
uasish, excellent write up as always.

Excellent questain
I dont think the answer to this is easy but the only conclusion is exactly opposite to the myth that the market falls quicker than it rises. If you take the difference between the no of rising days and the number of down days and then look at the percentage rise its shocking. here is an example

UD DD UD-DD
RPG CABLES LTD 445 535 20 -90 gone up 6 times its value

Which means that even tho rpg has fallen in more days than its risen we see its price has moved up 6 times.

Another small view point could be that there are many days where we see the stock close just a little below its previous close (say .05 paisa). I dont think we can use this data for any analysis tho.

Sir,from the bottom of my heart i thank you for this wonderful post.It has come from the bottom of the heart of a Phoenix.

Unfortunately due to the state of affairs here,it will be buried behind curtains in this forum.

U

uasish

adisaleem,

At least you have ventured to teach me ,thks for the same.

"Another small view point could be that there are many days where we see the stock close just a little below its previous close (say .05 paisa). I dont think we can use this data for any analysis tho."

In respect to your this observation :=
At the time of Set-Up back-testing on EoD data (though system should be tested on intraday data)many a time it is found ,the common practise is to use either next bar's Open or Close,& it is being observed a slight change from Open to Close or vice-versa ,for Entry price makes a significant difference in Equity curve.
Hence the next obvious question is whether High came earlier or Low came earlier from Open,
,before close,in the course of the day,which is baffaling.
To tackle this all has burnt midnight oil & still burning to find a profitable/logical solution.
I know only 1 thing which is FIXED on any EoD data & that is Open Price,other 3 prices High / Low & Close is fluid until day ends.Hence it is better to find out whether Close's statistical probability in respect to Open is > or < ,which actually means a Black candle or White candle.
Now in this back drop is even 0.5 paisa important.

Asish

Post #8 ,I have experied the rush as a beginner and lost .Now ,I am trying to avoid the remaining what you have wrote .
You said about smart ppl , if we know what those smart ppl do ,then we dont need this forum right :p .
uashish , keep posting .

PS:What I feel here in this forum is ,it needs to be moderated more,remove the junk and keep it clean .Probaly we need a collection of best threads and add this there .

& his comfort level
Great Stuff,Asish..........:)

Saint