Teach a Dumb-Fool Student of Mkt.

C

Czar

most bars considered equal downside or upside certain event or situation may make it necessary to corner larger than usual amout of shares in a short span leading to the inequality, so it may be essential to include volume ratio in the thousand bars to justify the up or downside, just my budding thoughts may not be relevant...

by the way the Rush of Adrenaline post was magnificent... most of us must be thinking which level we reach in your post, so now atleast we know how much to go further... lot of pain to even begin to gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

uasish

Ashishda,

I am little confused about 3rd chart.The green line is current but confused with orange and blue lines. Is orange line shows 200 days ma and blue line 14

Regards

F
Simply forget 200 or 14 ,have you eyeballed 100 charts with this set up ?
Is it tradable ? If so ,can this be laid down in exact ,Alert , Entry ,Exit,SL ?
If so TEST it on all (Stocks listed in Future),on Intraday data ,see the Draw down 1st (we get swayed away with profit % ).
If that can be still optimised to bring down the draw down ,redo it continuously until statisfied ,then be prepeared for SHOCK .
Set your threshold for SHOCK ,then plunge in real mkt ,all test is 'Backwas ' on drawing board.
If after all this if somebody says " Ohh faltub has just has a rudimentary MA cross over System" ,you keep quite to think anything Effective & giving money is just God Send & i am lucky.

After all these compare your system with 'Buy & Hold' ,if your System gets some what nearby inclusive of drawdown,then a Goal is Set.

With a blank mind ,no anticipation act as the system says ,even if you feel System is giving wrong signals just follow it blindly,(yesterday a fellow trader did'nt put the Short order generated on my system of Zeel Fut @ 331.90 ,becoz we both where Long from 329.30 & got out once at 332.00 & we knew Zeel is headed for 338.00 ,but i took the short & got out at 330.60 as system directed,again we Longed etc,here we have to follow a system Robotically,then & only then we can get both the Up & Down ,until we get both side we cant compete Buy & Hold a buy & hold on Zeel fut has generated ;from 326.00 to 339.00,roughly Rs 13.00 ,we didnt get Rs 13.00 yesterday,that is the bench mark.).
Hence as a Formula car driver Checks Rechecks Every thing of his Car,becoz if it Fails on sharp situation Out come is fatal & Death,plz check ,recheck 4 times or 8 times,be satisfied,go for a Long walk,visualize mentally if on live mkt this happens what will i do ,shadow practise,then plunge in mkt & be prepeared for a Bumpy ride,never quit ,just redo the entire thing.
One philosophy of 'Savant' helped me a lot := when i go to bed think "did i tried Honestly ,if so all is OK".We will have a next day to-morrow.

U

uasish

most bars considered equal downside or upside certain event or situation may make it necessary to corner larger than usual amout of shares in a short span leading to the inequality, so it may be essential to include volume ratio in the thousand bars to justify the up or downside, just my budding thoughts may not be relevant...

by the way the Rush of Adrenaline post was magnificent... most of us must be thinking which level we reach in your post, so now atleast we know how much to go further... lot of pain to even begin to gain.
Sir,

You are pulling my leg.

Asish
[Learnt from Saint]

C

Czar

oh no sire, i'am just a dumb fool student of the market dabbling in stocks, dont go on the no. of posts, you stuck your neck out & it was hugh, dare I attempt to pull leg...

kkseal

A simple thing :=
With say almost equal No of Black or White candle ,in 1000 bars sample , we find the Price has Gained or Lost Substantially.
Avg (Up)move per white candle > Avg (Down)move per black candle
OR
Avg Directional move > Avg retracement *
or vice-versa.

(I am a bit surprised this question comes from Asishda. Haven't read the whole thread though - so maybe there's more to it than what comes through from the few i've read)

* I prefer this one as a white or black candle doesn't necessarily mean an Up or Down move on a close-to-close basis.
Regards,
Kalyan.

Last edited:

oilman5

an excellent analysis put forward from great intraday trader Asishda.
a clear mind and profit analysis....must be in trader's arsenal
with regards
oilman5

U

uasish

Avg (Up)move per white candle > Avg (Down)move per black candle
OR
Avg Directional move > Avg retracement *
or vice-versa.

(I am a bit surprised this question comes from Asishda. Haven't read the whole thread though - so maybe there's more to it than what comes through from the few i've read)

* I prefer this one as a white or black candle doesn't necessarily mean an Up or Down move on a close-to-close basis.
Regards,
Kalyan.
Kalyan,in the 1st Post the exploration code clearly mentions C > Ref(c,-1)
& vice versa,hence you are right that a White / Black candle not necessarily means an Up / Down move until compared to earlier Close,in this case only Refered with earlier close but not with same day's Open.