Stt query is it going to be reduced or removed

CNBC was reporting and then i found on internet also that govt is planning to reduce STT ,some say completely remove it also but was not able to find out anything specific If any one has any details NEWs ECT of IDEA about this KINDLY SHARE :confused:

I think original DTC, which was proposed at around 2009 had asked for abolition of STT but it was later revised & now they're only talking about reducing it, that's it. But there've been talks of "Financial Transaction Tax" in Europe so if that goes through then that might give politicians here to keep STT as it is or may be even increase it because usually anti-STT expers point to the fact European & US markets attract more investors/traders & are more liquid because they don't have such taxes so if FTT is imposed Europe then it may've a negative effect on Indian policies too.......:down:

R

respectinvestor

I think original DTC, which was proposed at around 2009 had asked for abolition of STT but it was later revised & now they're only talking about reducing it, that's it. But there've been talks of "Financial Transaction Tax" in Europe so if that goes through then that might give politicians here to keep STT as it is or may be even increase it because usually anti-STT expers point to the fact European & US markets attract more investors/traders & are more liquid because they don't have such taxes so if FTT is imposed Europe then it may've a negative effect on Indian policies too.......:down:
@newborn day trader:

Still we are going to request govt. of India to remove STT for some freebies:clap::clap::clap: