Some Good Steals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrinivas

hi mail to joshi...IDBI and BOI..same scene here...though was in futures of IDBI..made good profits in a week....same exit as yours...
hope you took some gains out of greaves (thanks to amitda)....I've made an exit from all except patni..will exit from this soon....

any other to buy ????

and as always.....HAPPY TRADING

ganeshhity

AMITBE

mail2joshi said:
Hi Amit,
I took off my positions from BOI@132 and IDBI@85 on monday. Still holding Sirpaper.
Can you please advice on this.

Regards
sjoshi
Hi Joshi...I've not really been tracking this thread so been missing all the action here. :)

BOI supports at 126, 121 and 118.
IDBI at 78.
These could be considered as stops too.

Sirpaper is a hold where 93 is a crucial area.
All the best.

ganeshhity said:
hi mail to joshi...IDBI and BOI..same scene here...though was in futures of IDBI..made good profits in a week....same exit as yours...
hope you took some gains out of greaves (thanks to amitda)....I've made an exit from all except patni..will exit from this soon....

any other to buy ????

and as always.....HAPPY TRADING

ganeshhity
Hi Ganesh,
Yes made some profit in IDBI and holding Sirpaper@101
Dont know the short term and long term target of Sirpaper but holding for target 125 with stop loss 107.
These figures are based on my own greed and risk factors and nothing to do with fundamentals.

Happy Trading

Regards
sjoshi

AMITBE said:
Hi Joshi...I've not really been tracking this thread so been missing all the action here. :)

BOI supports at 126, 121 and 118.
IDBI at 78.
These could be considered as stops too.

Sirpaper is a hold where 93 is a crucial area.
All the best.

Thanks Amit for your input.
I will be holding Sirpaper.

Thanks once again
sjoshi

shrinivas

Dear Amitda,

Sorry for worrying you again..made exit from all the stocks except patni (futures)...I calculated that earlier I had emptied my bag on/nearly 10th Feb'06...I entered again from 14th Feb'06 and now at exit i'm sitting on exact profit of 22-24% (after calculating the losses from archies,MTNL and bharti [fut]too)..

good deal..ya bad deal....I'm satisfied with 22% returns...now I think, i entered at wrong time in MTNL.....and wrong time exit from Bharti too...
anyway, winds never sail in the same direction !!!!!!!!!....I know this fact

ganeshhity :cool:

Hi Amit,

I know you do not answer a lot of questions now but had a query relating to Shanthi gear which i bought after reading your thread. What should the strategy be as according to me its broken the trendline. MACD signal is sell. But stop loss was around 68. Should we book partial profit or wait till the S/L is hit.

Hope to hear from u.

Rahul

AMITBE

rahulg77 said:
Hi Amit,

I know you do not answer a lot of questions now but had a query relating to Shanthi gear which i bought after reading your thread. What should the strategy be as according to me its broken the trendline. MACD signal is sell. But stop loss was around 68. Should we book partial profit or wait till the S/L is hit.

Hope to hear from u.

Rahul
Hi Rahul, I'm not sure where you entered.

For over two weeks Shanti Gears has been trading at meager volume, in a consolidating phase. I don't have average volumes with me, but I'd say it would be below 50,000.
Technically speaking, in this period it has not violated 80 on daily charts, and on weekly, the week's low is 78.50. I'd give it another Rupee or so and bring the stop down to around 77.
Yes, a few indicators are showing weakness, but then that's just the way it is in a pullback from recent highs. It does not mean there is inherent weakness in the chart. Track SMAs and EMAs, and you'll find the trend is still to the up, as it's above short term SMA and EMAs. As far as moving averages indicate the status of the trend, it's still in the up area, even if the wider market has been volatile and unsure.
Look at the candlestick daily and weekly charts and you'll see the last bars as 'Hammers' signifying the underlying strength.
When one looks at various indicators, one should also look at other parameters to assess the chart and figure the recent upmove, pullback, consolidation, volume, moving averages etc.
For me Shanti Gears is in a consolidation phase, and is being accumulated quietly on low volume. A fresh breakout is quite likely in the near term. The stop level is mandatory too.
Do track and run it by again when you like. Happy to follow up my calls.
All the best.

AMITBE

A good trading oppotunity is in Ador Welding.

The attached charts are quite self explanatory.
The breakout above the ascending triangle has just come above the line at 450.
The first target is about 550.
Can be bought above 450, with stop at 396.
All the best.

Attachments

AMITBE

alok said:
Amit,
It is already up 13% today.. shall we wait for a pullback or get in it now?

Alok
Hi Alok...makes it difficult doesn't it! :)
Had been wanting to post this over the weekend...but however...yes, look for a pullback for now perhaps, but above 450.
Or buy in half quantity, and wait for a pullback and take some lower if possible, above 450. If no significant pullback, just keep to that position. The caution comes mainly from the market conditions.
I'd bought half at opening this morning and added the rest breaking over 450 as I have been tracking this.
Always keep an eye on the markets too.
The market is going to close soon so be careful just in case there is any pruning down.
All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Loans 4