Some Good Steals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

Hi Gaurav...will look in and you'll definitely get my take over the weekend.

There are several queries and will be answering later now.
Thanks!

AMITBE

hvram said:
Hi Amit
I have been following the Global Tele stuff. Looks like it has been trading in the 109 - 115 space for some time. I now read news about the de merger of the Infrastructure business of Global Tele and allocation of 1:1 shares .

I am not sure of the effects of the demerger. From what I could read about the fundamentals GTL seems to be in a lot of business ( outsourcing,IT, Telecom and now into share trading )

I know that you don't deal with the fundamentals but look at only the TA. But any views would help

Thanks again
Regards
Hari

PS : Thanks again for the lucid explanation that you had given about the charts for IDBI. I was able to appy the same logic to this stock and the long standing conflict level seems to be in the 110-120 range .
Thanks Hari, Globel Tele I'd noticed scanning my Excel file a while ago when I had first called it. I've been trading this off and on since then, got stopped out a couple of time, booked profits too, and am back in.
It's been making higher highs and lows since mid Jan, and sustaining above 116-117 should do the trick. Looks good to me and 106 is a conservative s/l, I'm comfortable with 102 also.
A good move would come at some point.
Regards.

AMITBE

talktoa said:
hi Amit
Need your advise on entering MRPL
Heard of ONGC investment
Is it a good buy for a long term.....
Hi talktoa, MRPL may finally do something with that news.
From he chart which looks pretty ugly, below 42 or 39 would be s/l should an entry be considered now at 43.90.
There is much supply overhead.
Regards.

AMITBE

Re: Amit: Hfcl

kumar7 said:
Dear Amit,

I hope you feel better! Please, reply at your convenience.

How is HFCL looking technically, I'm aware of its infamous history;
but there has been restructuring of debt etc, FCCB issue, increase in FII honding etc: hence the interest.

Thanks,
Kumar
Hi Kumar, I'm not aware of the changes in fundamentals on this, but taking out 24 with volume and sustained trading above 26-27 may make it worth a relook.
Regards.

AMITBE

Keep an eye on Solectron Centum if with wants to break above 293 with momentum and volume.
I'm in lower with strict s/l at 281 or looser at 269.
It's an illiquid kind of counter.

AMITBE

ajesh said:
hello amitda

get well soon

have u heard anything abt sbi's stock splitting lately

can please explain to me what exactly is stock splitting

regards........!!!

aj....!!!!!
Hi aj... A stock split involves a company increasing the number of its shares outstanding and proportionately adjusting the share price to compensate for the change. This does not affect the intrinsic value or past performance of the stock.
Example is a 2 for 1 stock split. A company will announce that it's splitting its stock 2 for 1 from a fixed date. From that day on, a shareholder who earlier had 100 shares now has 200. The stock, having traded the day before at for example Rs. 100 will now be trading at half the price at Rs. 50. The company which may have had 10 lakh shares outstanding, now has 20 lakh outstanding. The price has been halved in order to accomodate the doubling of the share total.
The usual reasons for a stock split are, as the price of the stock climbs, market players would find it diffiult to trade in it. The split brings the price down, while retainign its intrinsic value.
Also, with a lower price, the stock's liquidity increases, often reducing the bid/ask spread which is a positive as now the stock is easier to trade.
The bid/ask spread is the difference in the bid and ask price at any given time. You will note that usually for an illiquid stock, say Financial Technologies, the difference between the bid and ask price is quite large.
Regards.

AMITBE

sharv said:
hi,

himachal fut. has shown today about 3% upswing with good volumes

shall one enter at this time?

thanks

sharv
Hi Sharv, please look up a few posts above for HFCL.
Regards.

Mcleod Russel have taken over 70% of shares of George Williamson Assam Tea Co. Ltd. from open Market thereby taking over the the ownership of the later. The Management of the former have called for a meeting of the equity holders of later on 31/03/2006 for the amalgamation of the later into Mcleod Russel. Each Equity Share of Williamson Assam Tea Company shall get 3 shares of Mcleod Russel post amalgamation.

Mcleod Russe: CMP --140.75
Williamson : CMP -- 368.50

For short term gain one can buy George Williamson Assam Tea Co. Ltd for a target price of 390.

Thanks..

AMITBE

rajesh.sadhanala said:
Hi Amit,

I picked Gujambuja @93. It looks to me a strong counter and arrived a price stop of 89 and 90. Please put ur suggestions on this stock.

Also I have seen a heavy uptrend on HindMotor and sudden downtrend on it due to crash on sensex. Watching it on, It looks technically strong but will it at the present momentum. Comments again pls.

Thanks Amit.

Regards
Raj

Amit seeing the market conditions I exited the Ambuja at 94.5 but my pick was right and went up in the air. Missed out but for everything there is a next chance. Still its seems very strong counter.

May be I will enter tom after analysing it today.

Raj
Hi Raj, two things with Hind Motors, it's got lots of real estate as most of the old business houses have especially the Birlas. It began to move the day the Supreme Court gave a positive ruling in the Bombay mill lands deal.
Then fundamentally it's been on a weak wicket in the vehicles department, and has plans for diversification to components which is already under way.
One can't be very sure of where this would go in the near term though the chart patterns are pretty decent. It's kind of neither here nor there at this point and trading above 39-43 levels would need a closer look.

Gujarat Ambuja is a great pick of course. I'd hold this for as long as possible with stop at 87. It's overbought, but in a strong momentum this does not mean much.
All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Loans 4