simply stock future charts

sangram1705

senior traders/ friends pl help me in understanding the contract note.

above snapshot taken from contract note that i recieved in my email.

The below screenshot is net position as showing in nest trader terminal

my question is:
1) although closing price of nifty is 8738.20, why it is shown 8751.30 in contract note.
2) MTM as shown in net position is 4092.50 whreas in contract note it is showing 3477.50. which one is correct.

Since i am new to positional trading, i cant traceout if something is wrong. before i take up the issue with my broker, wanted advice of traderji friends.
Thanks in advance
friends pl respond to my query, so that i atleast have an idea before escalating the issue with my broker.
thanks

friends pl respond to my query, so that i atleast have an idea before escalating the issue with my broker.
thanks
The last 2 shorts (qty 50), were they auto squared off by your broker ? The "Net positions" shows the LTP as 8739, whereas the contract note shows that your positions were squared off at 8751. Hence the difference of 12 x 2 pts.

Check your contract note against "Admin Positions" rather than "Net Positions". That will give you a more accurate picture.

sangram1705

The last 2 shorts (qty 50), were they auto squared off by your broker ? The "Net positions" shows the LTP as 8739, whereas the contract note shows that your positions were squared off at 8751. Hence the difference of 12 x 2 pts.

Check your contract note against "Admin Positions" rather than "Net Positions". That will give you a more accurate picture.
Thanks for advising. Since I am seeing your reply now, is there any way to view yesterdays admin positions.

Thanks for advising. Since I am seeing your reply now, is there any way to view yesterdays admin positions.
I don't think so. But you can check the fact whether your positions were auto squared off. There is no reason for two different entries in the net position unless your purchases were in order type "MIS" and the shorts were in order type "NRML" or something. Check with your broker if the position was auto-squared off. But even that would be iffy, because most of the auto-square offs happen after 3:15; your entry is at 3:01.

sangram1705

I don't think so. But you can check the fact whether your positions were auto squared off. There is no reason for two different entries in the net position unless your purchases were in order type "MIS" and the shorts were in order type "NRML" or something. Check with your broker if the position was auto-squared off. But even that would be iffy, because most of the auto-square offs happen after 3:15; your entry is at 3:01.
after searching through old posts of this forum. i think i have got the answer. it was a post by savant sir.the reason could be due to difference in ltp & settlement price.
thanks

sangram1705

Again the markets have proved that in order to profit one has to buy at low & sell at high!!!!!!

Any TA indicator trying to do something else will prove itself to be fatal to its followers!
thanks!

sangram1705

RELIANCE (MY DAD'S FAVOURITE)
Although he is not a trader like me & is an investor in pure sense. He is quite happy with his dividends, bonus etc.. & still believes market cannot move up without Reliance. (holding on from 1990)

but the charts are telling something different. Reliance has to face multiple resistance before creating new highs & 1000 will be the strongest resistance.

Atleast I would not even look at this chart again before it crosses 930 levels.( for longs)

IN NO WAY I AM DISCOURAGING ITS INVESTORS. JUST A SIMPLE POINT, U COULD HOLD ONTO YOUR POSITIONS & TRADE WITH THE TREND FOR ADDITIONAL INCOME. (ATLEAST YOU WERE HEDGED)