Simple Coding Help - No Promise.

Nehal_s143

Absolute truth. But then no one knows when it breaks out of a range. So a lot of the time traders have to take a position and leave it o the markets. Of course there will be stops triggered but when you find a trend it will be more than enough to compensate for all losses. Just my two cents and sorry to butt into your conversation.

very true, with help of TSI trend breakout, we may try to take trade in direction of range bound break out with small risk

waiting till breakout, will help in other way to reduce loss making trades in range bound market

Riskyman

Most of the system will fail in range bound market, I was testing TSI on Gold when it was range bound yesterday

Please see below chart

can it it modified and used on TSI ? or any other code to plot support and resi on TSI indicator itself
Hey,

I just ran a test on 10 randomly chosen Fno stocks to see how your system works. Starting date 1-jan-2015 untill 20-Feb-2015. Entries were taken on the show of a green or a red candle. Exit at the next change of candle. Below are the results.

1.Godrej Industries : Net profit 18.80 points
2. M&M : Net profits 234.2 points
3. IB housing: Net profits 15.7 points
4. Crompton greaves : Net profit 29.1 points
5.Bharat Forge: Net profit 18.80 points
6. Century Textiles: Net profits 61.7
7. Just Dial: Net profits 48 points
8. Uco bank: Net loss 5.5 points
9. Nifty: Net profits 383 points.

Of course, there has been no money management. Profits are very low due to this but still just blindly following the system is giving some profits. Most new traders end up blowing up their capital in two months. Simply enter when a new arrow shows up and exit at the net candle. If you follow good money management rules and use trailing stops, you can optimize the returns. For example, Since we are in a bull market taking long only trades whenever the system shows a long trade may help. But at the same time ignoring short trades is also not good. Recently we saw how PSU banks got pounded. So guess we have to always keep the underlying trend in mind. The big problem however for a lot of people is that they fail to figure out the trend. If you know what the trend is then you dont really need a system to tell you what to do :). I had a lot of free time this afternoon.

amitrandive

Absolute truth. But then no one knows when it breaks out of a range. So a lot of the time traders have to take a position and leave it o the markets. Of course there will be stops triggered but when you find a trend it will be more than enough to compensate for all losses. Just my two cents and sorry to butt into your conversation.
very true, with help of TSI trend breakout, we may try to take trade in direction of range bound break out with small risk

waiting till breakout, will help in other way to reduce loss making trades in range bound market
As professional/serious Investors/Traders we have to be always ready for such opportunities.
This is patient and hardwork,as we must scan charts everyday without fail with whatever system/indicators we are using.

Stops are must and an integral part of trading/investing.

For educational purposes only

A post indicating a simple trend following system.

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...h-high-probability-breakouts.html#post1051230

Some fantastic quotes for risk taking

"Yes risk taking is inherently failure prone.Otherwise it would be called sure- thing-taking-Tim McMahon"

"Successful people take big risks knowing that they might fail hard.But they might succeed more than they ever dreamed of."

Last edited:
Totally off topic, but since the great minds of the Forum seem to converge here, im posting it here, forgive me.
MUMBAI: Indian bourses will remain open for trading on the Union Budget day on February 28, a Saturday. The Securities and Exchange Board of India on Friday asked stock exchanges to allow trading as per normal trading hours on the day when finance minister Arun Jaitley will present the Budget of the Narendra Modi-led government. The capital market regulator had earlier decided against allowing trading on the day, but brokers had been urging the market watchdog and the finance ministry to keep th ..

Read more at:
http:// economictimes.indiatimesDOTcom/articleshow /46314817.cms?utm_ source=contentofinterest&utm _medium=text&utm_ campaign=cppst

WHY ?
What is the Logic here ?
Who is the Beneficiary ?
Isn't it more sensible to let the Market fully absorb the aspects & fine prints of the EVENT in calm n quiet manner for 2 days (holidays) and open on monday with a informed price decision rather than witnessing a flurry of emotional, sometimes irrational movements filling the deep pockets of insiders who know the outcome (and hence the expected immediate Market response ) of the Budget ?
A case in point --> Recent News Flash:
Petroleum Ministry document leak, from ... scandal in which classified documents including an input for upcoming Finance Minister's budget speech were allegedly leaked.

Cant help recollect --> long years back a particular section/subsection/clause was introduced / amended in the INCOME TAX ACT/RULEs just for one particular Assessment Year (hush hushed street whisper was that the amendment was for the benefit of a particular Super Star).
Senior Members Pls Speak Out.

Riskyman

Totally off topic,

Remember we live in India. Anything is possible here. If good logic prevailed then it would have been sane to have the markets closed on a saturday. But you see having the markets open during what could be an extreme trading session in terms of volatility can be very beneficial to NSE and BSE as more volumes are traded and as the news flows in there is more choppiness. All this adds to more turnover and the exchanges benefit. Also some of the big brokerages have been pushing the SEBI and the exchanges to allow trading on this. Obviously, this volatility benefits the brokers as well. Its all a game. Me and you and the small fish will be swallowed by the sharks. Better not be their meal.

I feel that the finance ministry had deliberately chosen a saturday as budget day so that people could fully digest the news and come in on monday to trade. Alas someone spoiled the fun

sr114

I feel that the finance ministry had deliberately chosen a saturday as budget day so that people could fully digest the news and come in on monday to trade. Alas someone spoiled the fun
As per Indian Parliamentary custom , every year on 28th February the Union Budget is presented.

But may be Mr Arun Jaitley (Fin Min) has choosen 28th Feb 2015 (saturday) as Budget day deliberately (!)

Riskyman

As per Indian Parliamentary custom , every year on 28th February the Union Budget is presented.

But may be Mr Arun Jaitley (Fin Min) has choosen 28th Feb 2015 (saturday) as Budget day deliberately (!)
Agree. But many times the budget was held on other days i.e 16th march in 2012. Even in 2014 it was held sometime else. Knowing BJP which is very stock market friendly I wouldnt put it past them that they chose a saturday :)

hmp

Agree. But many times the budget was held on other days i.e 16th march in 2012. Even in 2014 it was held sometime else. Knowing BJP which is very stock market friendly I wouldnt put it past them that they chose a saturday :)
Sebi has announced to keep market open on Saturday during budget session for full day.
Regards.

2014 Modi budget was in July and it was exception since govt had come to power in May. MMS Govt did have his last budget in Feb