Show Off Your Trading Desk & Sys Configuration ! :D

calic

FF Browser for surfing,
And IE for specifide sites.
For Trading Nest of RKSV
& PI from Zerodha for charts.
Not fully Tech literate guy so not
installed Ami/ Meta or any such softwares,
I trade on PA and plain Trendlines so do not need of them too.

For EOD Charts using Chartnexus.
I am using BSNL BB unlimited home plan and Vodafone 3G for backup.
Really?,I can't believe.

manishchan

Has anyone here tried using a TV for a monitor? Im in need for an upgrade of my system. Been considering those Micromax TVs. 30-40 inch range..
Nirav - I totally agree with tp and some other guys above. I have tried hooking up my laptop with 32" samsung LED tv. It's not comfortable at all. I recommend try it out with your tv at home or at friends place. You can easily connect it with HDMI or even VGA (check not all tv models hv it).

I would love to have 2 monitors set up instead. side by side.. something like in the pic below.

This comes handly when you trading 2-3 scripts. Right now I'm fine with one monitor+laptop as I trade only NF.

If you still want just a single screen, try out 24 or 27" first. Pull up some charts etc and see how you feel. Anything above this, I highly doubt will be comfortable to eyes/brain. :)

manishchan

Nirav hai... u can connect or use LCD tv as second monitor....

i have done this using HDMI cable.....

connect One end to laptop HDMI port and other end to LCD.... try it...

Only problem i was facing is... over heating of my laptop ....:thumb:
I too had overheating issues on my laptop,used to shut down...
bought this and it fixed the problem .. Cooling Pad
If laptop is lil old, then cleaning the fan sync, putting cooling gel to process also helps. This requires you to screw open the laptop though. I have done it twice to my 3 years old laptop... Have to be highly careful though. Not recommended if you feel you aren't dt tech savvy. You can have it done at laptop service shops. :)

Nirav hai... u can connect or use LCD tv as second monitor....

i have done this using HDMI cable.....

connect One end to laptop HDMI port and other end to LCD.... try it...

Only problem i was facing is... over heating of my laptop ....:thumb:
But that LCD TV won't draw power from the laptop, would it ? Must be the graphics port/card causing it.
I use a Portable Fan , keeps both, Me n My System, Cool :)
and which are those novels on the table ? At first I thought it was Alistair McLean, but it looks too thick to be a McLean book.

shirajroz

and which are those novels on the table ? At first I thought it was Alistair McLean, but it looks too thick to be a McLean book.
TPji,
Top-->Jeffrey Archer's "A Prisoner of Birth" -Hardly 100 pages read so far but that Tittle connected wid me So....
Middle-->P.J. Mehta's "Practical Medicine" --> Found Useful more in Impressing a Cute Nurse/ LadyDoc than a Cure.
Bottom-->C Programming --> Could Not make the Head n Tail of It.

Thnk U n Rgrds
--ShiraJ--

P.S--> Jeffrey Archer & Sidney Sheldon are my Fav Authors.

Last edited:

mastermind007

I would have had the oldest working system as I use 2005 HP laptop for manual trading terminal (NSE NOW or trade tiger lite) paired with 2010 machine for market data.

Unfortunately, the power switch of 2005 HP has gone bust last month and it is at the repair shop waiting for spares.

We also have 2012 DELL laptop running windows 7 and 2015 HP laptop running windows 8 that get used by other family members for other important stuff like movies, nursery rhymes, bill payments, online shopping etc while two above computers remain dedicated to market. All my ideas of usurping them laptops into trading have thus far failed but I live by the hope.