Show Off Your Trading Desk & Sys Configuration ! :D

madank

Market participant
This is my 'Desktop' setup. It is Dell precision T5400 tower workstation with 16 GB ram and supports upto 6 monitors...6 years old though (runs on windows 2007)

I have a backup laptop (6 years old sony vaio - 4gb RAM) running on Windows 2007..it is constantly connected to a USB dongle.

Desktop is connected to Airtel Fibernet and also have Airtel 4G (always on during market hours as backup)..as soon as Airtel fibernet disconnects, i connect my desktop to 4G manually through ethernet.

All devices including monitors are backed by APC Pro 1500 and i get 21 minutes of backup if everything is on..my place also 5 KV backup so no worries there.

All 3 are samsung 20 inch monitors and the system is connected to Bose speakers as i love to hear alarm at specific points..

Last edited:

manishchan

This is my 'Desktop' setup. It is Dell precision T5400 tower workstation with 16 GB ram and supports upto 6 monitors...6 years old though (runs on windows 2007)

I have a backup laptop (6 years old sony vaio - 4gb RAM) running on Windows 2007..it is constantly connected to a USB dongle.

Desktop is connected to Airtel Fibernet and also have Airtel 4G (always on during market hours as backup)..as soon as Airtel fibernet disconnects, i connect my desktop to 4G manually through ethernet.

All devices including monitors are backed by APC Pro 1500 and i get 21 minutes of backup if everything is on..my place also 5 KV backup so no worries there.

All 3 are samsung 20 inch monitors and the system is connected to Bose speakers as i love to hear alarm at specific points..
Very nice set up Madan !! :thumb:

manishchan

this is my temporary setup as I am on the move.

this is a standing desk configuration and I hate it as I often seat as a result having neck pain.

My laptop is old 2009/2010 I guess.
But I upgraded ram and replaced hd with a ssd
what size is dt monitor bpr and model number plz ? We had some discussion around size of monitor yday :D

bpr

what size is dt monitor bpr and model number plz ? We had some discussion around size of monitor yday :D
this one is 32" inch standard LG TV but poor resolution.

I actually use a 28inch Haansg monitor with 1200p resolution which is no longer manufactured.

I would recommend 30 inch or upward with native HD resolution or more.
If buying TV instead of monitor to save money is fine but keep in mind the quality of tvs are far less than monitor.
Another difference monitor are designed to sit up front while tv some feet away so radiation and eye comfort might vary and you may want to calibrate them accordingly.

I am no expert just my 2 cents..

nirav_j

Hi bpr,

What's the resolution of the TV ?
I basically am looking for a large screen so that I can have the chart and terminal windows side by side .. Hate the alt + tab currently on the laptop .. :annoyed:

bpr

Hi bpr,

What's the resolution of the TV ?
I basically am looking for a large screen so that I can have the chart and terminal windows side by side .. Hate the alt + tab currently on the laptop .. :annoyed:
very poor resolution 1366x768
I will not recommend buying tv with less than HD resolution no matter the size..

You know, those standing desks are an awfully attractive idea. But I don't think anyone could do with a standing desk for 6-8 hours (nor a sitting desk). Maybe there a design of adjustible height desks - adjustible at the touch of a button and not requiring any levers or dismantling.