should I have separate account for 2 different strategies?

I am trading with a strategy(equity intraday) with my discount broker, now I want to use another strategy with same broker, same segment. but I want to have both strategies profit and loss statement separately, I don't want to mix up p/l statements. is there any way ? or should I use a different account? please help.

Mavala

Different accounts, no question about it. If your new strategy is in testing phase with real money, do not allocate more than 5 % of overall capital to new one for at least 6 months. You need to soak strategy in blood to execute flawlessly. Damn I do not know what your strategies are, but it’s difficult to adapt to positional one if your psych is intraday or vice versa...just take your time with least probable damage.

Different accounts, no question about it. If your new strategy is in testing phase with real money, do not allocate more than 5 % of overall capital to new one for at least 6 months. You need to soak strategy in blood to execute flawlessly. Damn I do not know what your strategies are, but it’s difficult to adapt to positional one if your psych is intraday or vice versa...just take your time with least probable damage.
thanks for valuable input, my strategy is profitable since 12 months, i was developing a new strategy based on different market scenario, i did back testing and got good results and now i want to put real money(small amount). is there any way to use both strategies with same broker(having separate p/l for both strategies).

Agreed with you man, it is good to not invest large money initially.

Have to agree with this.
It’s always recommended that you should start with a smaller amount.

Exactly, it is better to start investing with a small amount of capital with whatever the strategy is.