SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
The move to cut retailers participation in various ways is a continuous process applied by SEBI. Here is another prove,

Since last few years, many sub-brokers like Wisdom Capital are giving huge intraday leverage for trading.
So SEBI's one of the recent moves, :oo

Sebi discontinues sub-broker category

https://m.economictimes.com/markets...-sub-broker-category/articleshow/65261236.cms

A sub-broker acts on behalf of a trading member as an agent for assisting investors in dealing with securities.
New Delhi: Sebi today said it has done away with the category of sub-brokers as market intermediaries, which require registration with the regulator.

Besides, the markets regulator said no person will be granted a fresh sub-broker registration, and the registered ones will have time till the end of the current fiscal for migrating to act as an authorized person or trading member.

Can we handful individuals bring media's attention to our concerns - be it this current scenario or STT on top of GST+ITR+STCG+LTCG, unrealistic huge Lot-sizes, and what not?

I am praying SEBI to conciliate it actions robustly and in a more friendly manner.

Can we handful individuals bring media's attention to our concerns - be it this current scenario or STT on top of GST+ITR+STCG+LTCG, unrealistic huge Lot-sizes, and what not?

I am praying SEBI to conciliate it actions robustly and in a more friendly manner.
I am trying to connect with Sucheta Dalal. She would be able to do something. But honestly, an issue as big as this can't escape media attention.

I will be writing to both Sucheta Dalal and Balakrishnan of Moneylife this weekend -- not an elaborate way but like an initial trying to throw some light kind of thing.

monkeybusiness

Such a drastic move when general election is approaching is highly unlikely in my opinion. Even for a moment if I forget about retail traders, any such move is sure to result in widespread job losses in the broking industry. Going by the dismal job generation report card in the last few years, I am sure they would not like to invite fresh set of troubles. And all this at a time when 'sources' in the ruling party are saying that as per their internal survey, BJP would win 160 seats if the elections are held now..

So, I don't think we should lose our sleep right away.... Lets wait and see how things unfold...
This power drunk guys can do anything.

bpr

The move to cut retailers participation in various ways is a continuous process applied by SEBI. Here is another prove,

Since last few years, many sub-brokers like Wisdom Capital are giving huge intraday leverage for trading.
So SEBI's one of the recent moves, :oo

Sebi discontinues sub-broker category

https://m.economictimes.com/markets...-sub-broker-category/articleshow/65261236.cms

A sub-broker acts on behalf of a trading member as an agent for assisting investors in dealing with securities.
New Delhi: Sebi today said it has done away with the category of sub-brokers as market intermediaries, which require registration with the regulator.

Besides, the markets regulator said no person will be granted a fresh sub-broker registration, and the registered ones will have time till the end of the current fiscal for migrating to act as an authorized person or trading member.
this is good move. Subbroker was overlapping with authorized person.
And WC is not Subbroker just a front for sales.