Saving Preferences in Amibroker

Hi,
I am facing a problem with the Pattern Explorer templates, wherein, the modifications made by me in the charts, do not remain there when I restart amibroker.
I have tried saving chart template (layout) & chart template (complete), but of no avail. On restart its back to its default parameters.
What can be done so that the changed parameters remain there, even on restarting?
Pls. advise!

I am not using a trial version. The problem seems to be mostly with Pattern Explorer templates. Other charts, which have indicators/ systems, that are not from Pattern Explorer retain the changes made.

Is there any way to make the changes made in the parameters of the charts last, even after u restart?
I am losing all modified parameters, on restarting.
Pls. advise how to proceed!

Hi Piyush,

I am having the same problems. None of the parameters that I set (EMA/Stoch/RSI) are saved. Could you please let me know how you solved this problem? Happens with all charts of mine.

Thanks
Venkat

KelvinHand

Hi Piyush,

I am having the same problems. None of the parameters that I set (EMA/Stoch/RSI) are saved. Could you please let me know how you solved this problem? Happens with all charts of mine.

Thanks
Venkat
The parameters that you changed on the input will not saved.

The insert option insert the formula into the chart window by creating a copy of the original formula. While you modifying the input parameters will not save into your storage. So when restart n re-insert the formula, the original default setting is still being used.

Piyush Singh insert linked option insert the formula into the chart which pointing to the original formula. Likely he is editing the formula in the chart window and changed the parameter default setting. In such the original formula parameter setting is changed and saved back to the original formula

At this moment, not sure the solution for that yet.
Maybe you need to backup the formula folder & Broker.params and other Broker.*

Hope this help.

Last edited:

johnnypareek

Well,

Not gone deeply and not checked but give a shot. select the pattern explorer folder right click >properties. If read only is ticked, remove the tick .hit apply