Saint's Pivot Method put to practice.

jamit_05

Updated 30 min Pivots.

The earlier downtrend of 30 min has ended as the PH of 4505 was broken.

Updated 30 min Pivots:

PH : 4525
PL : 4334

Now, we will keep an eye out for the price when it nears the PL for any threats of trend change.

Now, when do we take Short position? There is a Decline (not downtrend) on 30 min charts....so break of last PHigh shd be used for entering long position.

But now we short when....on break of PLow on 30 min..which was yesterdays low? Or....if the next upmove on 30 min fails to take out PHigh on 30...and instead breaks the higher PLow it just made (this shd be it I suppose)?

As you said JAmit...lot of cobwebs will emerge and get cleaned as we move ahead..... Truly appreciate your efforts in starting this thread....let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Re: Updated 30 min Pivots.

The earlier downtrend of 30 min has ended as the PH of 4505 was broken.

Updated 30 min Pivots:

PH : 4525
PL : 4334

Now, we will keep an eye out for the price when it nears the PL for any threats of trend change.
Yep....

Saint

5 m PH taken out at 4494.9 BUY and SL 4480 (PL)

jamit_05

Meanwhile,trend analysis wise,30min is still in an iffy zone........5min is clearly in an uptrend.Above 4500,30min is in an uptrend.
The trend trade will soon come..........The downtrend/decline on the 5 will be your entry.

Saint
This is a non-Gap related question. In the above you said that that above 4500 30min is in an uptrend.

You have taught since the very beginning that an uptrend is a higher pivot high and a higher pivot low, BOTH... so shouldnt one wait for a Higher PL in this 30 min chart too (we already have a higher PH after the break of 4507) before making any Buys?