RPL Bonus share

dear masterjee,

This wrt to your message on 31-03-2008.

The company which is giving bonus shares is reliance power, which is owned by anil. It has nothing to do with refinery business, so RPL need not ammend its articles - from refinery business its primary business should be to issue bonuses and rights issues.Further the business of the company will be defined by Memorandum of Associarion and not by Articles. You got both the facts wrong.Please check the facts before commenting adversely.
Ok, Ok, It is Reliance Power Ltd, which needs to amend its MoA! The point to note is, it is so funny that a co. with not a penny from ops is giving a bonus! BTW, this bonus to shareholders other than the promoters - Wont Anil be doing injustice to the shareholders of Reliance Energy Ltd, by refusing it to REL? Maybe, REL & Anil got these shares 45 times cheaper, but still?

dear masterjee,

The company which is giving bonus shares is reliance power, which is owned by anil. It has nothing to do with refinery business, so RPL need not ammend its articles - from refinery business its primary business should be to issue bonuses and rights issues.Further the business of the company will be defined by Memorandum of Associarion and not by Articles. You got both the facts wrong.Please check the facts before commenting adversely.
Jeez ... another ambani fan ... check your spellings before u post...

m

dear masterjee,

Instead of beating round the bush - let us come to the real facts as they seem to have escaped you. The bonus issue announcement was not to save the small investors ass (with their measly 15 shares - with their avg loss of Rs 2000) - The aim of the announcement was to make the price reach the IPO price so that ambani cronies can make their exit. Record date, postal ballot etc are only formalities. round one of the game is over. market game is forever.
regards
m

bonus shares will be given to those who hold rpower shares on the record date of bonus which the company will declare afterwards. This could be anywhere in april or may depending upon the date of bonus you should buy or sell. for e.g. those who have been 15 shares on record date will get 9 shares as bonus but those who have 17 should go out & purchase 3 additional shares from market before the record date is announced so they will have :

17 + 3 shares = 20 shares & there for 5:3 share ratio they will get 12 shares as bonus. so in total they will have 32 shares in their portfolio.

Last edited:
you can sure keep it until bonus. your buy price is best. Hence wait till bonus declaration day and sell existing shares(100) just after record date is announced and keep the bonus share for long term as u have'nt spend any on that bonus share.
Umm.. strange logic as the shares you sell ex bonus will be be at a loss...
m

Anil to give another bonus as after the last one - people are bleeding more. Maybe Anils heart will bleed again for the poor indian sucker - I mean investor.
m

Anil to give another bonus as after the last one - people are bleeding more. Maybe Anils heart will bleed again for the poor indian sucker - I mean investor.
m
I have 216 pre bonus shares of reliance power @ 437. What do u suggest would be the ideal thing for me to do? Hold or Sell? If I hold, how long can I expect to recover my losses where my average value would come to 271 per share after bonus shares.