Returns per month by trading ?...

H

hari09omkar

Ever tried putting on a 10 lot of Century Textiles? Can you tell me what the slippage is?
Aroymkp.....Have you noticed the agressiveness of this guy?
Wherever one gets such type of response in any field,trading or education,swimming or athletics,archery or spitituality,whatever,people should stop for a moment and think that these type of guys are real people,not suited booted analysts(of whatever field),they know what they are saying and what can be done or not,so bend to these people to listen properly.
Where from this super confidence coming? The answer is self and real experience in the field.
The fact that these guys are flamboyant and highly knowledgeable will help us everybody,even an established trader,by every word of theirs regarding their field of operation(trading here).

What is the hinderence in learning from any person? Ego.
Thanks to CV and to them whose one or two liner comments bring this bloody ego of ours down to earth,from where we can start seeing things properly and go on to learn again.

H

hari09omkar

If you use hyper leverage and agressive compunding then even 100% might looks small but if you ask for consistency then with max drag down of 28 to 42 % if acceptable then one can acheive 15 to 40 % consistently if real market conditions permits :)
Completely agreed.
Just one addition.For a 40% monthly,one doesn't need to withstand a 28 to 42 % drawdown,if we are completely in day trading.

beginner_av

Monthly return of 40% hmm. Is it achievable?? Just try to see the compounding effect in a year or two - figure will be not digestible
Came back to check some posts of CV and found quite a few interesting posts.
Get out of the textbooks, college level compounding etc.
If one's networth is 50L and he puts 1 L in a bank FD, and you ask him buddy how much interest are you getting. What does he say - I get 9.25%. Now do you assume that he gets 9.25% on his entire networth?

In trading when 1 says that he is getting 40%, its on the capital employed. From the retun he may be withdrawing money for family, household to big ticket investing (PE, Real Estate, VCF etc). So its not the text book that if you put in a piggy bank 1 rupee now, what will it become 65 years hence.

beginner_av

Excellent Hari...you are on the fast (and right) track

Wherever one gets such type of response in any field,trading or education,swimming or athletics,archery or spitituality,whatever,people should stop for a moment and think that these type of guys are real people,not suited booted analysts(of whatever field),they know what they are saying and what can be done or not,so bend to these people to listen properly.
Where from this super confidence coming? The answer is self and real experience in the field.
The fact that these guys are flamboyant and highly knowledgeable will help us everybody,even an established trader,by every word of theirs regarding their field of operation(trading here).

Thanks to CV and to them whose one or two liner comments bring this bloody ego of ours down to earth,from where we can start seeing things properly and go on to learn again.

beginner_av

this return thing is subjective, and meaningless if you dont take other things into consideration. this person (may be me, you anyone) has a large account of over 1cr and writes options to get 5-7% pm. ANother one has 1lakh and gets 40%. Now on an absolute level, you can see the difference.

C

CreditViolet

this return thing is subjective, and meaningless if you dont take other things into consideration. this person (may be me, you anyone) has a large account of over 1cr and writes options to get 5-7% pm. ANother one has 1lakh and gets 40%. Now on an absolute level, you can see the difference.
Good Point

My post was hinting at the issue of scalability, daytrading strategies are particularly not very scalable so using the "% return" crieteria ala a MF Manager is meaningless.

I guess the thread starter wanted to know and compare other's performance with his own or wanted this post to give such an opportunity to other readers.

After reading the posts I;ve come to this conclusion,

Earnings per month is meaningless, as it depends on capital employed.

Well, capital employed is meaningless as what part of ones net woth is employed is also important.

well, even a ratio of capital employed to Networth and its ratio with earnings % is also meaningless as (day)trading has its own limitations.

So is this simple question cannot be answered ?

How much returns can a smart trader make per month by trading

scratching my head..

U

uasish

I guess the thread starter wanted to know and compare other's performance with his own or wanted this post to give such an opportunity to other readers.

After reading the posts I;ve come to this conclusion,

Earnings per month is meaningless, as it depends on capital employed.

Well, capital employed is meaningless as what part of ones net woth is employed is also important.

well, even a ratio of capital employed to Networth and its ratio with earnings % is also meaningless as (day)trading has its own limitations.

So is this simple question cannot be answered ?

How much returns can a smart trader make per month by trading

scratching my head..
With so many variables ,it becomes difficult to tackle.Say arbitarily allocate 2.5 Lacks,i can assure you there are many ,in this forum who can make 1.25 Lacks in 1 Series.Trust me we cant ; but few handfull people other than us are really doing it & they dont post to show that,becoz they are always constrained by Time,unlike us.

Hey, I missed your post !!!

It is not aggression - it is simple statement Sir ! We take things very personally sometimes and feel the agression !! Kahin aisa to nahin hai? Anyway my point was to be realistic Sir, that is all. CV please take note
http://www.traderji.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
;)