Ravi Bhokse Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu1234

All i need is good methodology which has edge to make bucks.
mastermind, it will be nice if u clearly tell me whether the methodology taught by Ravi Bhokse , if i follow it rightly, will give returns like 3000 to 5000 per day on nifty trading.
is the method really gives 80% win rate and profit is larger than losing traders?
thanks
Lets do the math. 3000*22 trading session *80%=52800 Rs per month. Ok then guess what will be investment required to earn this much amount a month. 2 lacs?? If yes then you are generating 25% returns per month matlab every 4 month you'll be doubling money, 4 lacs?? that means 12.5% return you will be doubling your money in 8 month. Are you sure that a person who is teaching some methodology can even double the money effortlessly in even one year, rather than teaching people for some 5-10k bucks, he'll be busy minting his own money by employing some best traders to trade on his own methodology. For making 3000 Rs even in nifty you have to catch movement of 60 points everyday which is out of question even for experienced trader, coz at many times the daily range is within 40-50 points and when you increase your lot size to actually trade to meet your daily targeted amount that's when people realize the reality of this field. We've been through all this maths stuff and the actual trading stuff, so please understand reality is different than theory which these crash course classes will show you on charts. Its a hard and very risky work and there are no shortcuts or sure shot methodology.

hi ashu, you are right, but if i also get 10% a month consistently then my goal is achieved. again i will tell you that i have also gone through harsh realities of trading live with my own money and made loss in all segments.

my goal in starting this thread is whether there are Ravi's students who are trading successfully so that they can vouch for him or Ravi might be another Teacher who teaches and does not practice it.

this is very crucial time in my life as i might leave trading entirely ( u know family pressure and Mother in Law Lol! ) so my idea is if i get a good methodology then why not try? but i want to investigate all details before taking course so that i can save money if he turns out like others.

so i request members to come out and share your experiences. i will prefer if member with more than 50 posts share their reviews so that no artificial positive reviews occur

thanks

mastermind007

mastermind, it will be nice if u clearly tell me whether the methodology taught by Ravi Bhokse , if i follow it rightly, will give returns like 3000 to 5000 per day on nifty trading.
is the method really gives 80% win rate and profit is larger than losing traders?
thanks
Go ahead, do as you wish and if you achieve that target, do remember to let us know!!!!

Hi,

I attended the course around 2 years back...that time it was one day workshop...The main content of the course was very basic and is mostly related to positional trading. All basic concepts like Indicators-RSI, MACD etc are covered along with few price patterns

As you rightly pointed out in free seminar and he was showing people Indian tricolor flag . This Flag is nothing but EMA crossover system which works on Daily Charts same like other EMA crossover system.

I wouldnt suggest you the course as it doesnt provide any edge. As far as Ravi Bhokse is considered...he is a genuine trainer and he makes his living thru trading also as claimed by him and his recommendations on TV.

ALso at the end of course, there will be another module which you have to subscribe to learn advanced techniques.

The course is good for people who doesnt know anything abt TA.... 3k-5k per day is not that easy unless you are disciplined. Every system has its drawbacks.

Hi Mahi,

Have attended Ravi Bhokse's class.

Not much useful..

Explained some basics of stock market...MAs of close 5 and open 6...told us

that how could one have made huge profit in 2008 crash by using these two

MAs crossover..even claimed that these two MAs crossover is his own

invention..he had sent his papers for its patent..LOL...could not get it....then

some chart patterns like H & S, cup & handle,triangles.....one separate

session on candle sticks...

but E-books given in cd are good...

course is not good enough to make money in market..

I think with reasonably good system,money management,discipline and right

mental attitude,earning money in stock market is not difficult..:thumb:

ashu1234

hi ashu, you are right, but if i also get 10% a month consistently then my goal is achieved. again i will tell you that i have also gone through harsh realities of trading live with my own money and made loss in all segments.

my goal in starting this thread is whether there are Ravi's students who are trading successfully so that they can vouch for him or Ravi might be another Teacher who teaches and does not practice it.

this is very crucial time in my life as i might leave trading entirely ( u know family pressure and Mother in Law Lol! ) so my idea is if i get a good methodology then why not try? but i want to investigate all details before taking course so that i can save money if he turns out like others.

so i request members to come out and share your experiences. i will prefer if member with more than 50 posts share their reviews so that no artificial positive reviews occur

thanks
I understand that you want to give a final effort before undoing the two year of harsh learning curve. If you've made up your mind then give it a go. I hope you'll find something which you can believe on.
All the Best!:)

stumper

These are phases through which all traders go through, and each phase brings in its own share of losses. Everybody goes through the same grind. You are no exception. The cycle starts with "Lets start minting" , graduating to "Aah, its not easy ..maybe i need some good indicator", and then to "Why the heck is the market always conspiring against me" , and for the majority it culminates to "Dah! i give up, cant win against the big players!".

So one fine day, you would wake up and realize Trading is not about learning a system. Its not about which indicators work best. It always has been about Continually Be Jumping Off the Cliffs and Developing your Wings on the Way Down. Maybe today you feel hurt reading this as you really hoped for a quick way out. But some day in future, you might understand what i write here.

... so my idea is if i get a good methodology then why not try? but i want to investigate all details before taking course so that i can save money if he turns out like others.
You would often hear some of the veterans say this "No one can teach you to trade". Sometime adding "You can only observe how they do it, their tools, their money management, their Trading plans". But if YOU need to improve YOUR running, YOU need to move YOUR feet. "Professionals are professionals because they have spent considerable time honing the skills over long period stretching in years". Understand this. Repeat this over and over until you understand what it implies.

so i request members to come out and share your experiences.
Sure. I Assume you understand the basics since you have had your share of losses in all segments. I also assume you are not a fundamentalist but rather you watch technical charts.

I will suggest you start small. Pick a Market. Pick a instrument. Analyze this instrument every day WITHOUT any indicators. You will do it for 3-4 days. It would not make any sense to you. You would feel bored and wander around trading portals reading peoples commentary about new signals or maybe you want to know peoples comments on your instrument. Be it so. Go and grab a movie titled "Karate Kid". Come back and start watching your instrument again. Grab screen capture tools of your charts in real time market hours (Print Screen or any tool that records your screen activity in Video format). Now start making note of what you saw in the screen capture (or video capture of your charts).

Now you do not feel bored. But you can NOT make sense of what is going on.
But this time you stick around a bit more (maybe 10 days). Make extensive notes of turning points but dont assume "WHY?". Chill out for a couple of days. Take a break. You cant resist the urge to go online and see if anyone had come up with a golden indicator/system.

Once back, Continue your observation of your instrument. Make notes of days when the instrument had high/low volatility along with turning points (changed directions). In this stage you are ready to ask the "WHY?" question. Make notes on important event that occurred before and after the turning points. This time around you stick a bit more, maybe a month or two. Take a break, party around. You now will be less inclined towards finding the silver bullet. But would continue peeking around the indicators section --- Just in case.

Resume your observation.
Now add to your notes interesting things you see on your charts (the things you missed when you started out).
When you see change in volatility (you did in phase I), observe events pre and post change in price direction (you did in phase II), now you would be in a position to see things a bit differently than a novice ... you would see things like Gaps, wide area bars, high volume's ... correlate this to areas you have marked as turning points.

Being a human, you would try to find consistencies and relate of this together. Trying to find a pattern.

It would not make sense to you ..... why do this pattern not have winning consistencies.

Maybe you would ask me "How long will this phase last?" .... i do not know. For me it took years. But the good thing is, now you would have come to a stage where you no longer seek a system/indicator/tutor. You seek a mentor.

Now you no longer seek a break. The market interest you. However, You still do not find consistency in the way markets are behaving. You are not able to find a pattern that you can trade with.

No worries.

Add one more instrument to your observation. Keep on noting days when stock had high/low volatility. Note down turning points. Note down events pre and post your turning points. NOW compare and correlate what you have been seeing as most likely action that the instrument takes under this situation's. Continue this .. record as much as possible. Note as much thought as you can.

And sometime during this phase, you will know its time to prepare a trading plan. A Plan which is more than a trading system. And this will mark another journey for you. Since at this point , you would know that trading is all about understanding the price action, understanding change in demand/supply. Understanding that market dont give a damn to your rationale. They behave irrationally. Understanding that losses are part of game.

I understand this might not be what you wanted to hear. But i would be doing you a disservice if i told you otherwise.

Last edited:
stumper and Rahul, you guys have really opened my eyes, Rahul,does he teach to combine MA crossover with the patterns and candlesticks? is it profitable? i appreciate all the response here and i hope this thread will benefit other struggling traders like me :)

Hi,

I attended the course around 2 years back...that time it was one day workshop...The main content of the course was very basic and is mostly related to positional trading. All basic concepts like Indicators-RSI, MACD etc are covered along with few price patterns

As you rightly pointed out in free seminar and he was showing people Indian tricolor flag . This Flag is nothing but EMA crossover system which works on Daily Charts same like other EMA crossover system.

I wouldnt suggest you the course as it doesnt provide any edge. As far as Ravi Bhokse is considered...he is a genuine trainer and he makes his living thru trading also as claimed by him and his recommendations on TV.

ALso at the end of course, there will be another module which you have to subscribe to learn advanced techniques.

The course is good for people who doesnt know anything abt TA.... 3k-5k per day is not that easy unless you are disciplined. Every system has its drawbacks.
thanks you very much :)

mastermind007

Hi,

Ohhh ... he reduced the duration then. I attended in 2009 and it was 2 day event.

Status
Not open for further replies.