Ramona's Diary - My picks for low risk high gain trades

Dear Friends,

I am a freshly educated technical analyst (Ha Ha Ha...self proclaimed...:lol:...)

I am thankfull to all contributors of Traderji from whom I have learnt and will keep on learning forever.

This thread is my attempt to put in practice what I have learnt, ofcourse on paper. Still having week knees about taking real time trades.

I will update live or before hand when the set up is developing.

Thanks,
Ramona

stumper

2. HDIL - set up forming for a sell signal. The level to watch is 117.25.
Long above it, short below it.
Can you elaborate why do you think you should go long above 117.25?
I can think of atleast 4 reason why i would not take this trade till further confirmation.

1)Four almost consecutive bars hitting resistance at 120 level. Absolute round number of 120 has been breached yet prices are not moving ahead.
2)Price had pulled back from exactly this price range in Feb.
3)Price is moving in range as of now.
4)Absence of any significant volume, in fact, it seems like below average volume to me.

Would be interesting to see your view point. I would rather wait for some confirmation.

Dear Stumper,

Appreciate your feed back.

As you must have read, I am a self proclaimed technical analyst...(Ha..Ha..Ha...).

From your argument, for me you seem to be much seasoned technical analyst.

Regarding the elaboration, I believe -

HDIL is a stock in which one must exit ASAP, even at a profit of only Rs 1 - 2.
This stock is very volatile, cyclical and liked by masses for lumpsum gains in short time.

My analysis has given a sell signal, but above 117.25 one can go long for a quick profit, (1 to 3 rs) with stict stop loss of 1% of the buy price.

Which reminds me I have to frame rules for taking postions and exiting them.

Got to work on the rules.

Thanks everybody for the interest shown.

Regards,
Ramona

Dear Friends,

Here we go...

1. McDowell - it is in uptrend (very obvious) ... but will try to take position near 1919 or lower than that.

2. HDIL - set up forming for a sell signal. The level to watch is 117.25.

Thanks,
Ramona
Dear Friends,

What to do... :down:

Missed the set up, as was not in front of the PC.

McDowell - Price almost touched 1919.. (low of 1920.5) and then rose to make a high of 2002.5.

Well atleast the analysis was on the right side.

HDIL - sell signal below 117.25, made a low of 112.5 today.

Ok, so far so good.

Trying to keep a level head and not get lifted by the inital success (Ha Ha Ha..self praise is the worst thing to do...)

Regards,
Ramona

Last edited:
Dear Friends,

1. HDIL ... a sell signal...done ...I have exited on paper

2. McDowell .... a buy ...hmmm.. waiting for the right opportunity...

3. ICICIBank ... a buy... sad to say not performing well...exit at loss...

I am now facing a issue of consistency in intraday data.

I am following Google and Yahoo real time charts, and the buy signal of ICICIBank (generated yesterday) is now showing as a sell signal today ?????? (but generated yesterday).

HOW can this be? Unless the data provided by these websites is changing after market close.

Oops it is like flying a plane depending on your altimeter, but then after sometime you see a cliff in front of you. Really dangerous, I have got to look for reliable and consistent intraday data.

I appeal to Traderji members to guide me on this.

I have an account with Ventura Securities but they have only one day intraday data displayed on the charts. I need atleast 5 days + todays intraday data to analyse and take a call of buy or sell.

Regards,
Ramona

Last edited:

Reggie

Ramona,

You need live charts and data for trading. Does your platform not provide.? I have been using Sharekhan terminal and as far as charting is concerned, its the best I have seen, intraday or EOD. It is feature rich. Do have a look. Another member opened an account with them, the annual charges are Rs. 300, and well worth the money.

BTW I have no vested interested in Sharekhan, except for the fact that I did come across it quite late, and only wished I had done it sooner.

Good luck.

Dear Friends,

1. HDIL ... a sell signal...done ...I have exited on paper

2. McDowell .... a buy ...hmmm.. waiting for the right opportunity...

3. ICICIBank ... a buy... sad to say not performing well...exit at loss...

I am now facing a issue of consistency in intraday data.

I am following Google and Yahoo real time charts, and the buy signal of ICICIBank (generated yesterday) is now showing as a sell signal today ?????? (but generated yesterday).

HOW can this be? Unless the data provided by these websites is changing after market close.

Oops it is like flying a plane depending on your altimeter, but then after sometime you see a cliff in front of you. Really dangerous, I have got to look for reliable and consistent intraday data.

I appeal to Traderji members to guide me on this.

I have an account with Ventura Securities but they have only one day intraday data displayed on the charts. I need atleast 5 days + todays intraday data to analyse and take a call of buy or sell.

Regards,
Ramona

Dear Reggie,

Thanks for your help.

I have heard of ShareKhan, but never tried it as felt the brokerage was very high.

I am being offered 0.015% intraday and 0.15% delivery, Rs 35/contract for options without any commitments for volume by Ventura and hence went for it.

Could you please throw light about ShareKhan and the best offer I may be able to squeeze out of them without any commitments.

Regards,
Ramona