• No-The Strategy needs to be improved

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

healthraj

12-Jul-2012

INFY Results are NEGATIVE.
IIP Numbers positive....

But I think the INFY Results will weigh more than the IIP numbers...

Market outlook is Negative and Trending. So not giving any levels today

So you can trade as per the TRENDING Methods using CCI, ADX and EMA Cross over.
If you have not taken the shorts at NF 5279, wait for today's low of NF 5250 to be crossed. NF 5250 is also the Support 3 of today and so it would not be crossed so easily... Lookout for a Breakout bar around 5250 to confidently go short. My feeling is market will bounce back to 5290 levels after Europe opening where we can go short. NF 5290 is Support 2.

So for some time it would be trading between 5250 and 5290 levels..

healthraj

If you have not taken the shorts at NF 5279, wait for today's low of NF 5250 to be crossed. NF 5250 is also the Support 3 of today and so it would not be crossed so easily... Lookout for a Breakout bar around 5250 to confidently go short. My feeling is market will bounce back to 5290 levels after Europe opening where we can go short. NF 5290 is Support 2.

So for some time it would be trading between 5250 and 5290 levels..
Market crossed 5250 NF and touched 5228. So you should have made 15-20 points in the Short Side.

Now you can go long around 5230 levels of course only when all the indicators are in place.

healthraj

EMA Crossover - EMA(3) crossing over EMA(15) , which is another indicator for Buy. Now it has crossed...
After the UP move, NF have traced back but still trading above the SMA(26) line. If it closes strongly below SMA(26) then you can close the LONG otherwise try to close with at least 5-10 points profit because the market outlook is negative....

healthraj

Positional Trading

Due to lack of time and the nature of work, I would have less time to do the Intraday trading. So I am looking for a good Positional trading system for the Trending stocks and NIFTY Futures. I have been fairly successful in the Intraday NIFTY Futures but it takes a lot of your time and energy.

With whatever experience I had, my observation is all those systems work well in the TRENDING market. But when it comes to NON-TRENDING markets all those system fail miserably.

So this weekend, I was trying different stuff and backtested one simple system for SBIN and NIFTY.

The system is very simple.
1. At the EOD around 3:20 pm, calculate the average close (ACL) and average open (AOP) of the today and yesterday.
2. If ACL > AOP, Buy Else Sell.
3. Next day At the opening of market, put a STOPLOSS order.
4. At the EOD, Close the positions and Repeat Steps 1 to 4....

The above system does not take into account the Gap UP and GAP Down days... Which I will do whenever I have time.

Those who want to see the results can download and see the files from the below links. Of course the results look great on paper. But need to see how it works in the real mode.

http://www.4shared.com/file/rxVXj_IA/SBIN_2DAY_Open_Close_Avg_Posit.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/S2VVrFIC/NIFTY_2DAY_Open_Close_Avg_Posi.html

The advantage of the above system is that you don't need to spend a lot of time before the monitor. You just need 10 minutes of your time daily and the Law of averages and the Results on Big days should help....

But you need a right time to enter the market....
Need to enter when there is big trend like we had in Jan-12, otherwise the system can kill you with the initial losses..
Experts please let me know your thoughts.
I am planning to do paper trading on this system before using it actually.

In the Excel tool,
- Have provided options to control Pyramiding
- To choose the initial positions
- Lot size
- Margin %

So if you paste the OHLC for any stock you will be able to see the results....

gambler

Positional Trading

But you need a right time to enter the market....
Need to enter when there is big trend like we had in Jan-12, otherwise the system can kill you with the initial losses..

So if you paste the OHLC for any stock you will be able to see the results....
Dear Healthraj,

Can u tell me how to know if there is big trend ahead or not???

Thanks!