R K Global Issues!

milkyblack

Hi mammu,

Say you have 10K... then margin of 6 times means you can trade for an amt of 60K [for intraday only]

For delivery 10k.

If you have stocks worth 10k.. then you get a margin of 7k....

Your stocks I suppose will be in their pool a/c like in case of Religare to avail the margin... if you get them transferred to the demat then they do not provide margin....

With 10k... I do not about mini nifty... but for normal nifty you need 35k[approx]... but again with 10k intraday... Not advisable.... what if few streaks of losses... you will be out of the game[if trading with only 10k... and mini nifty]

Regards

To answer Mammu's Q about Haircut: Haircut is the rate used by Clearinghouses to reduce the loan value (I looked up in the Glossary :) This means that if you have Rs. 100 worth of stocks, and Haircut is 30% then the broker will give you Rs. 70 as margin to trade in Cash contracts. There are many shares on which you get 1:1 margin like Reliance, LT etc. It also depends on your relationship with the Broker.

The margin on futures contract is in two parts: SPAN margin and EXPOSURE margin. For example, Religare charged (as of 19 June) 7.21% as SPAN and 3% as EXPOSURE on Nifty bringing the Total Margin to 10.21%. This keeps changing on a daily basis depending on volatility, market wide position etc. These days it is more like 20% (36,000). Every broker has Margin file (shld be in EXCEL format). Most brokers are within ballpark of each other. An excellent source of info is at Sharekhan's website. Click on Derivatives/Equity Futures & Options. Then click on Derivative Info Kit on the left side under F & O Tools. It's not updated everyday but 2-3 times a week, and carries a lot of useful information about ALL futures, tracks changes in PCR etc.

Paresh

Last edited:
I am also thinking of opening RKG account. Unfortunately, I can't install two ODIN's on the same computer, and I've no space for a second comp. I've read this entire thread from the first post with some apprehension about y'all's experience with RKG. Someone mentioned that they are using RKG's Web based trading software. I'd appreciate if they throw more light on its usefulness. I've a feeling that RKG's web-based software (probably Java software) can co-exist with Religare's ODIN on my comp.

For people with d/c problems, I note here FYI that I too faced that problem initially on my old comp with limited RAM (256KB only) until I switched to Core2duo with 4GB RAM (no typo). It used to get hung up if I had graphs open - they chew up a lot of RAM. I tend to have several pages open in my browser so wanted enough memory for speed. Now it runs fine, and does not hang up :) I use Win XP/Firewall/AVG antivirus and Airtel broadband since lately BSNL in Pune started giving me trouble. With frequent powercuts, BSNL's external modem used to get disconnected even with UPS but Airtel's modem takes it in its stride and keeps working without a hitch :)

RKG uses three banks: Axis, ICICI, and HDFC. I intend to do just F&O with RKG. Does anyone have a preference of one bank over the other? I'd appreciate your input on this. All three are closeby to me and I already bank with ICICI.

Paresh

milkyblack

I am also thinking of opening RKG account. Unfortunately, I can't install two ODIN's on the same computer, and I've no space for a second comp. I've read this entire thread from the first post with some apprehension about y'all's experience with RKG. Someone mentioned that they are using RKG's Web based trading software. I'd appreciate if they throw more light on its usefulness. I've a feeling that RKG's web-based software (probably Java software) can co-exist with Religare's ODIN on my comp.

For people with d/c problems, I note here FYI that I too faced that problem initially on my old comp with limited RAM (256KB only) until I switched to Core2duo with 4GB RAM (no typo). It used to get hung up if I had graphs open - they chew up a lot of RAM. I tend to have several pages open in my browser so wanted enough memory for speed. Now it runs fine, and does not hang up :) I use Win XP/Firewall/AVG antivirus and Airtel broadband since lately BSNL in Pune started giving me trouble. With frequent powercuts, BSNL's external modem used to get disconnected even with UPS but Airtel's modem takes it in its stride and keeps working without a hitch :)

RKG uses three banks: Axis, ICICI, and HDFC. I intend to do just F&O with RKG. Does anyone have a preference of one bank over the other? I'd appreciate your input on this. All three are closeby to me and I already bank with ICICI.

Paresh
Hi Paresh,

Two ODIN cannot be used! If you are used to ODIN then web based is little (lots) difficult to use... for me at least...

I have HDFC... No preference as such... transactions are smooth b/w RKG and HDFC... never faced any difficulty as such till now regarding transactions... both debit and credit.

Regards

Flock

I will suggest HDFC as RKG has direct tie up with HDFC Bank. With others pay in - pay out may take more time and problems.

FYI: I use BSNL broadband with a beetel 220 bxi modem. No problems at all with UPS cut over - does not disconnect.

Rs 9 on nifty option lot looks good and is the cheapest of all , if anyone crruently trading on rk global can share light if any hiddden carges they take , except statutory levis . thank you

milkyblack

Rs 9 on nifty option lot looks good and is the cheapest of all , if anyone crruently trading on rk global can share light if any hiddden carges they take , except statutory levis . thank you
There is no hidden charge... other than the ODIN s/w charge of Rs 336/- a month for F&O...

If also trading in the CM then another Rs. 336/-

Thats all!

Regards

pakatil

Dear pkapadia,

If you are keen on having two ODINs, consider installing VMPlayer / VirtualBox. Either of them should work well with 4 GB of RAM.

I am using Religare RacePro. Using their Web based portal is real pain!!

Cheers