Query @ Anid_007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guidance below expectations butchers Infy and IT stocks
After running hard for the past few sessions, market continued its uptrend today as well. It has been hitting new all-time high everyday and is inching towards new milestone of 19,000. Every sector has participated in todays uptrend except technology. Rupee appreciation against the dollar is the major cause behind all technology stocks. Rupee has appreciated the highest as comparede to other Asian peers against the dollar. It was up 11% from Jan till date. It is currently trading at 39.30 levels, a new nine year high.

Markets were waiting for Infosys results, which happened today but it came in as a negative signal to forthcoming IT companies results. Infosys Technologies reported just 1.9% growth in its second quarter net profit at Rs 1100 crore as against Rs 1,079 crore in previous quarter.

Its consolidated net sales surged by 8.8% to Rs 4,106 crore versus Rs 3,773 crore (QoQ). The operating profit margin increased to 31.27% from 28.73%.

In discussion with , management said that the company has lost Rs 2,000 crore in revenue due to rupee appreciation in second quarter. They also mentioned that the Rupee at 35/USD would impact manufacturing sector more than IT.

Results are in line with market expectations and the expansion in margins has come in as postive surprise but the guidance for future has been below analyst expectations, which dragged the stocks along with its peers. The BSE IT Index was down nearly 6% during the day despite rest of the market was trading at a new high.

Infosys touched a low of Rs 1961, down 7.7% against its previous close and ended down nearly 7% at Rs 1976.

Major impact was seen on Satyam, which will announce its results on October 23, 2007. The stock fell nearly 8.7% in an intraday trade and closed at Rs 447.95, down 7.5%. Wipro will announce its numbers on October 19. The stock was down 5.4% during the day. TCS, Tatas group company, slipped 5.8% and HCL Tech dipped nearly 9%.

There was some relief as the management said that there are no visible signs of slowdown in IT spends and they are using efficiency leverages to offset rupee in short-term. Infosys is not too worried about currency appreciation and they are increasing exposure to European markets.

Scrip Name
Today's Low
Chg (%)
Closing Price
Chg (%)

Satyam

Infosys

HCL Tech

TCS

Patni Computer

i-flex Solutions

Wipro

MphasiS

Rolta

Moser Baer

Financial Tech

Tech Mahindra

IT Index

There was some relief as the management said that there are no visible signs of slowdown in IT spends and they are using efficiency leverages to offset rupee in short-term. Infosys is not too worried about currency appreciation and they are increasing exposure to European markets.
That's why the Indian Software companies still can afford to hike salary by 30-80% from the present salary of an employee coming from some other organisaion.

The problem in short term with IT is , it is being outclassed by Energy and Metal and Infra sector. People are diversifying the assets from IT stocks to those shares.

The IT boom in India is far from over. Wise people should hold their IT stocks and buy more when market dips. After 3 years we will see which is sector leading from front.

Dear Anid
Good Morning !

I have following stocks, pls suggest the way ahead:

1. Visa Steel - 100 shares average bought price 39.93
2. Power Grid - 175 ------------------------- 101.18
3. PowTra - 50 ------------------------- 93.90
4. VijBan - 50 ------------------------- 62.46
5. PetLng - 100 ------------------------- 85.43
6. Relpet - 53 ------------------------ 78.30

Regards,

Except power grid and Relpet, all should be sold as soon as you get buying
price.. visa steel should be bought when it reaches < 33 (as I said eariler, and it went on 8 Oct crash) level.

Power Grid and RelPet is a hold for at least 2 years

Dear Anid gi

Thanks Alot !

PetLng is very less as compared to my avg.buying price. What do you say , I sell it and purchase some other for the same money to balance .

Regards
Sanjay

Don't book loss. I will suggest to invest more in the same scrip <65 level whenever market crashes. This will bring down your average buying price.

Hi Anid,

I have been following ur thread for last couple of weeks only ..but found quite interesting and impressive... now what i want to know is about rpcl and rnrl ...i am not able to understand their nature ..though i bought dose respectively @ 169 and @95 ...when market is down they keep demselves bit high and when market is doing great even den dey have d same behavior...what should i do...how long shall i keep dem wid me...n same suggestion on power grid too.... for dese 3 stocks what ur expexctation for coming 3,6and 12 months.

Hi Anid,

I have been following ur thread for last couple of weeks only ..but found quite interesting and impressive... now what i want to know is about rpcl and rnrl ...i am not able to understand their nature ..though i bought dose respectively @ 169 and @95 ...when market is down they keep demselves bit high and when market is doing great even den dey have d same behavior...what should i do...how long shall i keep dem wid me...n same suggestion on power grid too.... for dese 3 stocks what ur expexctation for coming 3,6and 12 months.
All these should be on hold for at least 1-2 years. Expect very good return. If possible accumulate more when market dips.

Thanks Again.

Dear Anid, what is the expected duration for LT in your opinion.

When you say book profit by 21st at 22-25 Level, what exactly you mean.
This seems to be technical language to me, I am very new, can u please explain what did you mean to say.

I also have NTPC, which I bought for Rs218. What are its future prospects.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.