PyDownloader

okabira

I signed it

3800 / 5000 have signed..

but I think its going out for forever . no more feeds from google

UberMachine

Bye Bye Google and thanks for all the free fish!!!

Presently Google is redirecting ALL API requests to Google search. Seems that, Google now wants you to go to their finance web page(s) to refer to stocks data and metrics!

The Google finance API had long been depreciated and has probably now been bid the final adieu

In the bargain, Retail Traders have ended up losing another free intraday data source!!!

Not only PyDownloader, but ALL API query based apps (including the ones in android too) have suddenly, and swiftly, been made redundant

This latest action by Google is likely to cause a fair bit of heartburn amongst the community, But c'est la vie!!! :rolleyes:

T'was fun while it lasted!!!

Ciao
Time to create our own data source based on end of day data (not sure about intraday)
NSE provides end of day data for almost all reports. Need to collate them and build it into our own database.

There is no problem in downloading eod data, many tools/softwares/ways exist. Problem is only for ieod data, that too only for indices, like N50 and BN, no easy/direct method exists like that of Google data.

TradeOptions

Time to create our own data source based on end of day data (not sure about intraday)
NSE provides end of day data for almost all reports. Need to collate them and build it into our own database.
Yes @UberMachine, for EOD data, this is doable. As all the data is available on the NSE site itself, one does not need to depend on google or any other external source for this.

Regards

UberMachine

Yes @UberMachine, for EOD data, this is doable. As all the data is available on the NSE site itself, one does not need to depend on google or any other external source for this.

Regards
May I know how do you use intraday historical data?
Is it for backtesting? If yes, what software do you use?
Also, is there a tool to automatically merge date from NSE/BSE downloaded files and adjust for splits etc given proper information

Last edited:

TradeOptions

May I know how do you use intraday historical data?
Is it for backtesting? If yes, what software do you use?
I use Multicharts, Amibroker and Ninjatrader.
I do not have the programming skills necessary for doing backtesting, although all these 3 software supports that.

Infact I am thinking about posting a few threads with the trading systems / ideas / methods etc. that I use for discretion based trading, because I believe most of it could be automated by the programmers. That will greatly reduce my trading workload and I will be able to trade more instruments.

Thanks a lot for starting some real good threads related to Python etc.
You are a very valuable addition to the traderji community. Please keep up this great work.

Best wishes for your trading.

wow!!!!
are you downloading intra data using Pydownloader

but Pydownloader is not working

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 140