PyDownloader

rmike

Google finance for Intraday has died I suppose
Well ...................... the service may OR may not come back ........... only time and Google will tell :)

But thought it prudent to sound a Warning in my post #284 above so that:-

- People are better prepared, mentally & physically (in terms of trading), to accept the fact of the intraday service NOT being restored this time around :oops:

- This thread does not inadvertently become the proxy convenient target for outpouring of anguish :) (and even impulsive anger :p) against Google and the utility

Would rather prefer this thread to have members pitching in for a constructive collaboration of ideas for alternate data sources, utilities, methods etc - so that something good comes out of it. There are a heck of a lot of people in this forum and the collective might of their knowledge, experience and ideas/ interesting observations that they may have come across in their individual browsing(s) for data solutions would be awesome to build upon

Lets see ........

rmike

Brother I have not checked the data quality myself, but this trader named - RM, is updating the data regularly at this link -

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8e3dtbFwQWUZ1I5dklCMmE5M2M
+1

The data quality is kosher as the data is from an authorized vendor

RM is providing a yeoman service!!! But do remember that its selfless individual effort subject to vagaries of life (health, illness, time etc) and internet :). The Tickers provided by him are the ones to which he is subscribed to and your particular choice of Ticker may not be available

rmike

Is there a way to get 1 min ieod data for N50 and BN, on daily basis.
In the Present context, without the aid of utilities, the simplest method is to get the data via the 'VWAP' option in NEST. Its a bit tedious to do it manually but is doable at the end of the day for a couple of tickers!

Unfortunately, the RTD utility is iffy with the latest versions of NEST. Also, quite a few of the brokers are providing VWAP data for more than one day!!! This leads to weird looking corrupted charts if using the RTD utility as it does not cater for a date-time check during VWAP backfill

rmike

Is there a way to get 1 min ieod data for N50 and BN, on daily basis.
If memory serves me right, then one of the members ie @ajeetsingh had developed an excel utility for automated backfill from NEST (or it could be google, since this was in 2015 or so, ie a fair bit back in time). Just try and ask him if its still around OR doable by him as he's quite good at excel. Even @adesara may look into this

As I reckon, the interim way ahead to tide over the situation for the short term is to look at developing a utility using C++, javascript, excel or whatever one is proficient in, for automated backfill using the NEST/ NOW terminals. The realtime feed is still catered for, by the TB/ Josh RTD utility

Anybody else with more/ any other ideas .............................

Last edited:

okabira

google was good for "Quick backfill " ..
anyways ..

@rmike

I get following error when using joydeep 's data downloader.

Whats happening ... are we getting redirected to google search instead of google finance?
0.JPG

rmike

is it possible that rtd will stop working in near future?
Define 'Near Future'? :)

Well... the thing is that changes to the host application, ie NEST in this case, may tend to cause 'breaking' of the associated utility, ie RTD in this case. Presently, some functionality has already been crippled by the changes in NEST from ver 11 to ver 16. Unless the utility is updated to cater for these, and subsequent changes, the functionality will tend to diminish!

@rmike

I get following error when using joydeep 's data downloader.

Whats happening ... are we getting redirected to google search instead of google finance?
View attachment 27153
What do you think?!! ;)

The other possibility could be that the query URL construct is changing (maybe to cater for addition of derivatives data too) :). No option (pun intended!!!) but to wait n watch for the final conclusion to unfold

As I reckon, the interim way ahead to tide over the situation for the short term is to look at developing a utility using C++, javascript, excel or whatever one is proficient in, for automated backfill using the NEST/ NOW terminals. The realtime feed is still catered for, by the TB/ Josh RTD utility

Anybody else with more/ any other ideas .............................
to backfill using NEST+Josh rtd utility,we need to open NEST.
sometimes it doesnt open on weekend or at midnight etc.
so something can be coded to fetch a data from NEST without even opening it?
i.e, creating a josh utility by rkmike's way:)

extremist

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 140