PyDownloader

okabira

Noted!

@traderniftybull & @okabira - Would the drive letter E/F be all right for you both?

Edit - If you guys plan on choosing C: drive, the utility would have to be always executed with Admin rights because it's function is to write data to folder
absolutely sir.
My E drive is 4.4 Gb / 73 GB ,,,, ..
I and my brother share same computer . He has some adobe files (huge data) and Large number of plugins linked and installed.

Is It recommended to Change drive letter? will plugins registration will get affected ?
Pl. Guide members

Thanks rmike
You have given hope to really very worried traders here , when no one was worried for traders dependent on the old utility .Hopefully Traderji community as a whole will benefit your the utility (y) , I had a different problem any way I used to downlode International Index from those outdated utility . If you could do certain modification so that it may also downlode these International indies it would be great

.aord,indexasx
.bsesn,indexbom
IBOV,INDEXBVMF
.dji,indexdjx
PX1,INDEXEURO
.ftas,indexftse
DAX,INDEXDB
OSPTX,INDEXTSI
.hsi,indexhangseng
.ixic,indexnasdaq
KOSPI,KRX
ME,INDEXBMV
.n225,indexnikkei
IB,INDEXBME
000001,sha
.twii,tpe
MICEXINDEXCF,MCX

Thanking you
Pramendra Gupta

rmike

Can there be some sort of issues in testing the compilation for issues when operating in C: drive,.
If yes then, what sort of issues are possible.
Like what @ankur07090 said, there's a possibility of conflict. The problem is that there are too many versions of windows - starter, basic, premium, pro etc plus 32 bit &64 bit PLUS some 'dubious' ;) versions floating around too!!!

Any virtual environment calls upon some windows libraries for specific functions. In this utility's case a lot care has been taken to load the corresponding version library kernels, runtimes etc as well as compiling on 32 bit for max compatibility (had to read up a lot on this as this is my first foray into Python as well as utility building)

Hence there's a lot (hypothetically) which can cause disruption in an apps' functioning!

No wonder then, that the regular developers tend to be a grouchy lot!!! ;):)

But don't worry, it won't cause an issue with your Windows' installation. At worst the utility may fail to deliver!

Upgraded to version 1.1 for specific C: Drive installation. Other files & 'Help' updated accordingly! The ball's in your court now @traderniftybull & @okabira. Download from attached link. Test & report!!!

Attachments

okabira

@rmike

suggestion.

IF

1. we extend the the time limit to 400 minutes for autoexit after downloading data.
-the software wont Autoexit
2. after the data gets written to csv file .. can we loop the process.
-no need to open again and wait for 30 sec . to download.
e.g :
data completed
do you want to re-download ?
input (y/n) and press enter :
if y ;
Loop the process
if n ;
press ctrl+z to exit (python command to exit) .

can we do this ?

rmike

@rmike

data completed
do you want to re-download ?
input (y/n) and press enter :
if y ;
Loop the process
if n ;
press ctrl+z to exit (python command to exit) .

can we do this ?
Anything's possible, but I hope that you do realize that you're speaking to a guy who didn't know Python from Adam until last friday!!! ;)

This is my FIRST Python code. Other people start with coding of "HELLO WORLD", go figure!!! :eek:

Thanx for the suggestion, will look to incorporate this in future versions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 140