PyDownloader

ajeetsingh

Amongst all the proactive users who contributed towards the utility's development, the feedback from @ajeetsingh .........
Frankly speaking, I am so much satisfied with prev. version that I haven't even given a look to new version...
What all matter is individual requirement....
I simply copy scrips from NSE bhavcopy to ticker list (No fuzz of putting any suffix) and download data in rounds of 50 scrips at a time
Its working fine.... as utility is free, Expecting more than this, will be injustice to developer.
For live data, I am using an excel utility that transfers data with 1-2 sec time stamp (although many volume ticks are missed)
Thanks a lot !!!

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Amongst all the proactive users who contributed towards the utility's development, the feedback from @gupta_pramendra, @ajeetsingh & @carnot11 is yet to be tendered. Which'll probably happen .......... as and when it Happens! However it can be safely ascertained that the utility's been performing without any inherent programming glitches of 'missing/ misplaced data, stuttering or freeze', thus far!

P.S - For the 'not so proactive' users - Nobody is going to be able to hear you unless you speak up!
Thank u Mike,
works smooth as butter (Windows 10) for NSE & other available Indexes/Scrips,
wish GOOGLE FINANCE provided NFO & MCX Scrips' Data too,
Some not so crucial observations:
1. Just for fun, tried NIFTY17OCTFUT,NFO (& ,NSE too) and CRUDEOILM17OCTFUT,MCX and the Utility runs without any Error/Warning , and downloads Blank .txt files of aforesaid NFO/MCX scrips to DATA Folder.
2. Any Future plan to integrate "Auto import of data" from DATA Folder to Amibroker DB ?

Thank u , God Bless,
Regards.

rmike

Frankly speaking, I am so much satisfied with prev. version that I haven't even given a look to new version......
.......as utility is free, Expecting more than this, will be injustice to developer.
Thanks a lot !!!
Thanks @ajeetsingh, rare to find a thought process attuned to such consideration(s)!

For requirement of only NSE Tickers for intraday trading (considering two watchlists in broker terminal totalling upto 100 tickers combined), the older version itself is sufficient. However apart from increase in Ticker limit, the new version adds conveniences like doing away with manual 'ampersand' substitution and the comfort of keeping the utility standby for quick backfill re-runs (in case of data interruption glitches) practically throughout trading hours! So do give it a whirl, the 'suffix fuzz' :playful: being a mere breezy one time fix for a tech savvy guy like you! :cool:

Last edited:

rmike

Some not so crucial observations:
1. Just for fun, tried NIFTY17OCTFUT,NFO (& ,NSE too) and CRUDEOILM17OCTFUT,MCX and the Utility runs without any Error/Warning , and downloads Blank .txt files of aforesaid NFO/MCX scrips to DATA Folder
@LOVEENAJYOTHI, the utility is designed merely to be a robust, error free transportation system to take user input(s) to gfinance URL for query, collect the response in the form of data, process & transform that data & write the same to a data file in a usable form! For all this, the utility needs only two inputs - the period (no. of days) and the TickerList. It requires (& checks) for both to be in the 'acceptable query format'. An incorrect (or non existent) Symbol + Exchange identifier, if in the correct format, will still be transported by the utility for query, the resultant (zero/ null) data response collected and the same (zero/ null) written to file. Hence one will find incorrect TickerList input (but in correct format) generating blank files :). This is simply the utility going about its designated job in the correct manner in all seriousness, even for funny inputs ;)
Any Future plan to integrate "Auto import of data" from DATA Folder to Amibroker DB ?
The future is already present! Integration is not the issue - utility is capable of amiquote like integration - BUT the distribution is!!!

Integration will require the amibroker installation and 'database' path to be hardcoded. With no two users having the same database name, let alone the 'same drive' installation, each compilation has to necessarily be a custom coded, 'one off', build for each individual user!!! Such an undertaking is way too daunting for even well intentioned philanthropy!!!
wish GOOGLE FINANCE provided NFO & MCX Scrips' Data too
Shhhh... not so loud! OR the already 'disgruntled with google', data providers may start taking up issue with you :playful:

Grateful for invoking the Almighty's Blessings!!!

Cheerio!!!

Last edited:

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Thanks @ajeetsingh, rare to find a thought process attuned to such consideration(s)!

For requirement of only NSE Tickers for intraday trading (considering two watchlists in broker terminal totalling upto 100 tickers combined), the older version itself is sufficient. However apart from increase in Ticker limit, the new version adds conveniences like doing away with manual 'ampersand' substitution and the comfort of keeping the utility standby for quick backfill re-runs (in case of data interruption glitches) practically throughout trading hours! So do give it a whirl, the 'suffix fuzz' :playful: being a mere breezy one time fix for a tech savvy guy like you! :cool:
Hey Mike,
Pondering about ur line quoted above in Green,
Currently ,most of us, im sure, using FnR or FAR batch processing, every time before importing to Ami DB, to align with Symbols on TradingTerminal's Market Watch (if not Aliassing).
Do u have something on ur mind that may help us reduce this "FnR processing" to One Time Task (other than Aliassing) and import Happily Ever After ?
Thank u ,Regards

rmike

Hey Mike,
Pondering about ur line quoted above in Green,

Do u have something on ur mind that may help us reduce this "FnR processing" to One Time Task (other than Aliassing) and import Happily Ever After ?
Thank u ,Regards
Not sure what you're getting at. The quoted comment is simply in the context of appending Exchange identifier to the ticker for the TickerList format in ver 1.2

ajeetsingh

Thanks @ajeetsingh, rare to find......................... guy like you! :cool:
Not a single glitch, rather I feel that latest version is more faster.... I felt so
For 6 days data of 20 scrips in NSE, it took 38 secs from the moment I double clicked to start and till it closes by pressing enter after "n"
Tested on my old machine, Core 2 duo, 8 GB Ram, Windows 7 (32 Bit)

I wasted 2 days when google tweaked url for data and your utility is a life saver for me.
I am not just beating the drum for @rmike but its really from heart.

carnot11

Hello rmike,

I was busy for the last week and hence not able to follow your thread.

I am very happy the way PyDownloader v1.0 and v1.1 works.

Now with v1.2 you have a gone a step ahead and once again generously shared with us all.

Thanks very much for your time and efforts.

BRgds,
CArnot

Amongst all the proactive users who contributed towards the utility's development, the feedback from @gupta_pramendra, @ajeetsingh & @carnot11 is yet to be tendered. Which'll probably happen .......... as and when it Happens! However it can be safely ascertained that the utility's been performing without any inherent programming glitches of 'missing/ misplaced data, stuttering or freeze', thus far!

P.S - For the 'not so proactive' users - Nobody is going to be able to hear you unless you speak up!

rmike

using FnR or FAR batch processing, every time before importing to Ami DB, to align with Symbols on TradingTerminal's Market Watch (if not Aliassing)
Post an example to illustrate the issue

The utility's output is without suffix/ prefix and because the gfinance symbol identifier(s) are the same as NSE (except in very few cases), the symbol data is already aligned with NSE as well as with new generation, so called, 'discount' :rolleyes: brokers (all of whom started off by using free software offered by NSE - hence the same tickers as NSE)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 140