Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Dear Dan going by your profile of 'reputation beyond repute' you must be a great trader, but I have been through many of your posts in various threads where mostly you are bullying people rather than contributing to the thread. From such a senior, we beginners would cherish to learn rather than being scared away. Its totally without prejudice.
Regards
Vivek
Hi Vivektrader

Your post is accepted and noticed.

Let me make a few words to it and then lets end the topic, as this thread is about an absolute other topic.

Not all of us do check this forum day by day to learn what ever about trading, as all of us do leave this stage at some level, instead follow what we want to do and know about the job.

So some of older members here have done there tribute to the forum in the past even with own threads and very specific posts about very specific topics. DanPickUp is the same like Somatung and it was explained many times in the past in front and behind the lines what had happen for this situation.

Now some few people here do also help the forum to stay clean from advertisers and call and tipster giver or would like to make there own forum rules to there own advantage. In rare cases the assumptions are wrong and in most cases the given warnings was the start with the final deletion of a post or thread. In hard cases the deletion is done on all the threads and posts from one avatar and the ban from the avatar.

So this is not some thing done from people here who want to have love and peace and cheeriness at all the times in the forum from others, instead it is done to protect the forum to not get in trouble from SEBI or being miss used in any way.

Newbies can not do this, as a lot of this is going on behind the lines. It needs some times good nerves and patient, as the avatars who try to make trouble do also try to make trouble on the warning giver/s.

In general the main decisions are not made public, instead action is token from the background team in many cases with out giving any notice or a second warning in public when needed. This is done as quick as needed when needed. Non of the background people is obliged to even talk what is done, as all is explained in the forum rules and each and one here has signed this forum rules and did accept them when joining this forum.

And as told: Your post is accepted and noticed as you did it in a good way. Other ways I would not have commented on it. Topic closed.

Now I wish you all the best in trading and have a nice evening / Dan

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Hi Vivektrader

Let me make a few words to it and then lets end the topic, as this thread is about an absolute other topic.

Not all of us do check this forum day by day to learn what ever about trading, as all of us do leave this stage at some level, instead follow what we want to do and know about the job.

So some of older members here have done there tribute to the forum in the past even with own threads and very specific posts about very specific topics. DanPickUp is the same like Somatung and it was explained many times in the past in front and behind the lines what had happen for this situation.

Now some few people here do also help the forum to stay clean from advertisers and call and tipster giver or would like to make there own forum rules to there own advantage. In rare cases the assumptions are wrong and in most cases the given warnings was the start with the final deletion of a post or thread. In hard cases the deletion is done on all the threads and posts from one avatar and the ban from the avatar.

So this is not some thing done from people here who want to have love and peace and cheeriness at all the times in the forum from others, instead it is done to protect the forum to not get in trouble from SEBI or being miss used in any way.

Newbies can not do this, as a lot of this is going on behind the lines. It needs some times good nerves and patient, as the avatars who try to make trouble do also try to make trouble on the warning giver/s.

In general the main decisions are not made public, instead action is token from the background team in many cases with out giving any notice or a second warning in public when needed. This is done as quick as needed when needed. Non of the background people is obliged to even talk what is done, as all is explained in the forum rules and each and one here has signed this forum rules and did accept them when joining this forum.

And as told: Your post is accepted and noticed as you did it in a good way. Other ways I would not have commented on it. Topic closed.

Dear Dan, I am a medical professional (a surgeon) , don't know much about trading or forum troubles on traderji, hence was ignorant about the issue you raised.
Yes the chapter is closed, and wish you all the luck.

wisp

Wisp,

Your chart look really very good. Both TFs in same chart. Can you please post AFL here? Can we use this AFL for 60min / 15min combination as well?
Yes, you can use any combination of time..

Two tf afl

Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("2 Timeframes Candlestick Bar Chart");
// Specially designed for use in day trading and to save chart space. This chart will displays 2 sets
// of candlestick bars. One for the time interval set for your chart- for example 1 Minute. 
// The higher timeframe candlestick bars are created by using gfx low-level graphics AND will display  
// according to the parameters you set- for example 5 minutes.   shared by him on the AmiBroker List. 
// It uses TimeFrame functions with the PlotOHLC function using styleCloud. So I was thinking it would look 
// very nice using low-level graphics instead. Little bit more complicated, but I got a few great pointers from Herman!

// If your chart background turns pink- please read the error message in the upper left corner of the chart.
// Then please observe this AFL code uses ColorBlend(ColorFrom, ColorTo, Factor) which was introduced in Version 5.21 beta.
// The rules are simple- time frames from 1 up to 60 minutes AND Lower time frame must be smaller than the Higher time frame.

Version(5.21); 
SetChartOptions(2, chartShowDates);
Title = Name();
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
// PARAMETERS AND SETTINGS:
ChartLum 		= Param("Chart Background Color Intensity", 0.40, 0, 1, 0.01);
TFMinShort		= Param("Short Timeframe (Minutes)", 1, 1, 60, 1);
TFMinLong 		= Param("Long Timeframe (Minutes)", 5, 1, 60, 1);
OnSTFBars		= ParamToggle("Short TF Bars", "Off, On", 1);
OnLTFBars		= ParamToggle("Long TF Bars", "Off, On", 1);
BarLum1 		= Param("Short TF Bar Color Intensity", 0, 0, 1, 0.01);
BarLum2 		= Param("Long TF Bar Color Intensity", 0.70, 0, 1, 0.01);

SetChartBkColor(ColorBlend(colorLightBlue, colorWhite, ChartLum));
// Bar Colors for the Short Timeframe candlestick bars:
LineColor 		= ColorBlend(colorBlack, colorWhite, BarLum1);
UpBarColor		= ColorBlend(colorBrightGreen, colorWhite, BarLum1);
DnBarColor		= ColorBlend(colorRed, colorWhite, BarLum1);
// Bar Colors For The Long Timeframe candlestick bars:
TFLineColor 	= ColorBlend(colorBlack, colorWhite, BarLum2 - 0.1);
TFUpBarColor	= ColorBlend(colorBrightGreen, colorWhite, BarLum2);
TFDnBarColor	= ColorBlend(colorRed, colorWhite, BarLum2);
// FUNCTIONS:
function GetVisibleBarCount() 
{ 
 lvb = Status("lastvisiblebar"); 
 fvb = Status("firstvisiblebar"); 
 return Min( Lvb - fvb, BarCount - fvb ); 
} 

function GfxConvertBarToPixelX( bar ) 
{ 
 lvb = Status("lastvisiblebar"); 
 fvb = Status("firstvisiblebar"); 
 pxchartleft = Status("pxchartleft"); 
 pxchartwidth = Status("pxchartwidth"); 
 return pxchartleft + bar  * pxchartwidth / ( Lvb - fvb + 1 ); 
} 

function GfxConvertValueToPixelY( Value ) 
{ 
 local Miny, Maxy, pxchartbottom, pxchartheight; 
 Miny = Status("axisminy"); 
 Maxy = Status("axismaxy"); 
 pxchartbottom = Status("pxchartbottom"); 
 pxchartheight = Status("pxchartheight"); 
 return pxchartbottom - floor( 0.5 + ( Value - Miny ) * pxchartheight/ ( Maxy -
Miny ) ); 
} 

StaticVarKey = Name();
procedure xStaticVarSet(SName, SValue)
{
 global StaticVarKey;
 if (StaticVarKey != "")
 	StaticVarSet(Sname + StaticVarKey, Svalue);
}
// MAIN PROGRAM:
if(Interval() != TFMinShort * 60)
{
// Title = Title + "\n" + "\n" + "ALERT, ALERT, ALERT!!!" + "\n" + "Set the chart
//time Interval to: " + NumToStr(TFMinShort, 1.0, 1) + 
//					" Minute(s) or change the Short Timeframe Parameter setting.";
 OnSTFBars		= 0;
 OnLTFBars		= 0;
 SetChartBkColor(colorRose);
} 

if(TFMinShort >= TFMinLong)
{
// Title = Title + "\n" + "\n" + "ALERT, ALERT, ALERT!!!" + "\n" + "The Long
//Timeframe setting must be longer than the Short Timeframe!";
 OnSTFBars		= 0;
 OnLTFBars		= 0;
 SetChartBkColor(colorRose);
}

if(OnSTFBars)
{
 BarColor		= IIf(Close > Open, UpBarColor, DnBarColor);
 SetBarFillColor(BarColor);
 Plot(Close, "", LineColor, styleCandle);
}
else
 Plot(Close, "", colorBlack, styleCandle  | styleNoDraw);

TFSec = in1Minute * TFMinLong; 
TimeFrameSet(TFSec); 
TFOpen 			= Open; 
TFHigh 			= High; 
TFLow 				= Low; 
TFClose			= Close; 
TFBarIndex			= BarIndex();
TFLastBarIndex	= LastValue(BarIndex());
TimeFrameRestore(); 

TFOpen 			= TimeFrameExpand(TFOpen, TFSec, expandFirst); 
TFHigh 			= TimeFrameExpand(TFHigh, TFSec, expandFirst); 
TFLow 				= TimeFrameExpand(TFLow, TFSec, expandFirst); 
TFClose			= TimeFrameExpand(TFClose, TFSec, expandFirst);
TFBarIndex			= TimeFrameExpand(TFBarIndex, TFSec, expandLast + 1);
TFLastBarIndex	= TimeFrameExpand(TFLastBarIndex, TFSec, expandLast + 1);

CandleTop 			= Max(TFOpen, TFClose); 
CandleBottom		= Min(TFOpen, TFClose); 
//============================================================================
// GFX LOW-LEVEL GRAPHICS SECTION.
// DRAWING THE LONG TIMEFRAME CANDLESTICK BARS:
//============================================================================
if(OnLTFBars)
{ 
 GfxSetOverlayMode(1); 
 AllVisibleBars 	= GetVisibleBarCount(); 
 fvb				= Status("firstvisiblebar"); 
 ChartWidth		= GfxConvertBarToPixelX(AllVisibleBars );
 PixBar 			= ChartWidth / AllVisibleBars;
 Adjust			= Pixbar * 0.35;
 TFMinutes 		= TFMinLong / TFMinShort;
 NewTFBar 			= IIf(TFBarIndex != Ref(TFBarIndex, -1), 1, 0);
 BarInd			= BarIndex();
 TFLastBarIndex	= LastValue(TFLastBarIndex);

// DRAW BAR HISTORY AND THE CURRENT BAR:
 for(i = 0; i < AllVisibleBars; i++) 
 {
  x1 = GfxConvertBarToPixelX(i) * NewTFBar[i + fvb] - Adjust;
  if(BarInd[i + fvb] < TFLastBarIndex AND NewTFBar[i + fvb] == 1)
	 {
		Counter = 0;
		for(n = i + 1; NewTFBar[n + fvb] == 0 AND n + fvb < BarCount-1; n++)
			Counter++;
		x2 = GfxConvertBarToPixelX(i + Counter) * NewTFBar[i + fvb] + 1 + Adjust;
	 }

if(TFBarIndex[i + fvb] == TFLastBarIndex)
 	x2 = GfxConvertBarToPixelX(i + TFMinutes - 1) * NewTFBar[i + fvb] + 1 +
Adjust;

y1 = GfxConvertValueToPixelY(CandleTop[i + fvb]); 
   y2 = GfxConvertValueToPixelY(CandleBottom[i + fvb]); 
   yH = GfxConvertValueToPixelY(TFHigh[i + fvb]);
   yL = GfxConvertValueToPixelY(TFLow[i + fvb]);

// Candle Body:
   GfxSelectPen(TFLineColor, 0);
   FillColor = IIf(TFOpen[i + fvb] < TFClose[i + fvb], TFUpBarColor,
TFDnBarColor);
   GfxSelectSolidBrush(FillColor); 
   if(y1 == y2){y1 = y1 - Adjust; y2 = y2 + Adjust;
GfxSelectSolidBrush(TFLineColor);}
   if(x1 > 0){
   GfxRectangle( x1, y1, x2, y2); 
   // Candle High and Low:
   GfxSelectPen(TFLineColor, 2);
   GfxMoveTo(x2+(x1-x2)/2, y1);
   GfxLineTo(x2+(x1-x2)/2, yH);
   GfxMoveTo(x2+(x1-x2)/2, y2);
   GfxLineTo(x2+(x1-x2)/2, yL);
   RequestTimedRefresh(0); 
	}
 } 
}
_SECTION_END();

Hi Vivektrader

Hi Somatung

Fine. Let us accept what you said in this post.

Anyway you seem to be the only flag bearer of forum rules, always talk of rules, rules and rules, why not you do a favour to all of us.

To start with. Why not open a thread, narrate all forum rules, give narration/explanation to the rules with examples and exceptions, if any. And specifically what is not allowed and what is allowed.

Also give some explanation on SEBI rules, what is not allowed and what is allowed. Because in many threads many members posts their BUY/SELL/SL/Targets clearly in their posts, in some posts such things are mentioned on charts and in some posts such things are mentioned in disguise, by changing words but clearly understandable. You must be knowing all these, as you visit these threads frequently.

Thanks

XRAY27

@Dan !!! you have some serious habit of bullying post,i never understand what you achieve from this..?? :( ..more are less this is not a right thread to continue on this topic

XRAY27

Summary of Subhadeep's 2MA system (explanation in case we are Long)

Two MAs 21SMA and 8EMA

Two timeframe combination:
Hourly-15min.
15min.-5min

First confirm Higher time frame candle close above both MAs, no need of MA cross.

come to lower timeframe to take position for e.g go long when:
there is a minor pivot break
visual pivot break
break out from a range/flag

Stop Loss: low of two bar back (from the entry candle, both the preceding bars should be lower than entry bar)/a minor pivot (if it is closer)

Exit: at a visual pivot (entirely or part profit booking, rest may be trailed or kept till end of day), known resistance.

Don't enter in previous afternoon range (unless you are Subhadeep:D) afternoon roughly means after European market opens i.e.
after 1:30pm

Being a trend based system, only enter when in clear trend.

vice-versa for short situation.

please feel free to add to above points or correct me:)
Thanks
Regards
Just Adding one setup to this !!!

BOF @ this afternoon range is working in good way with low risk !!!

@Dan !!! you have some serious habit of bullying post,i never understand what you achieve from this..?? :( ..more are less this is not a right thread to continue on this topic
You are right, this is not a right thread to continue this topic. Some one please open a new thread, so that we may discuss all about rules and these posts may be transferred to that thread.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Just Adding one setup to this !!!

BOF @ this afternoon range is working in good way with low risk !!!
Hi
Well I couldn't understand, please elaborate, then I will add it to my original summary post.
Thanks