Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

wisp

wisp bro,
i think the markings should be like this.

intrstingly when u come down to ur trading time frame, u will find these markings as visual pivots (most of the time)
Bro, I didnt understand the markings on your chart. What do the numbers denote? Which are the trades?

sangram1705

Bro, I didnt understand the markings on your chart. What do the numbers denote? Which are the trades?

Whenever a candle has closed below or above both the mvg averages. i have numbered the candle. the horizontal line is the price above/below which I will go long/short. The line is marked from high/low of this candle.

Once a candle has closed above/ below both the mvg averages in Higher Time frame (say 15 min). The high of this candle is marked (if closed above both ma).

Now we come down to trading time frame (say 5 min) & wait for price to breakout of the marked line & go long on breakout.

vice versa for candle closing below both ma.

hope that helps

wisp

Whenever a candle has closed below or above both the mvg averages. i have numbered the candle. the horizontal line is the price above/below which I will go long/short. The line is marked from high/low of this candle.

Once a candle has closed above/ below both the mvg averages in Higher Time frame (say 15 min). The high of this candle is marked (if closed above both ma).

Now we come down to trading time frame (say 5 min) & wait for price to breakout of the marked line & go long on breakout.

hope that helps

So 8 or so trades?

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

hope that helps
So you are basically suggesting a 15minute breakout technique(above both MA) but my humble understanding is that we should use the lower timeframe to fine tune our entries i.e. at pivot break in lower time frame. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Subhadip

I hope by seeing the marking in 5 min chart, ( one trade done in 15 min chart, not shown in 5 min), one can easily understand the aggressive positioning, aggressive SL movement & adding.