PIB Intraday Data Converter

Hello Stock_nse,

Could you be specific in more as to how fast this utility converts and imports data to Amibroker.(Another mail in this forum says the delay is 2 minutes) Especially since you had tried out similar utility convertors. i Quote from your earlier mail "I have tries out and its the fastest amongst the all available"
Your input as to this utilities advantage and speed will be helpful to all of us.

Regards

Saji

Hello Stock_nse,

Could you be specific in more as to how fast this utility converts and imports data to Amibroker.(Another mail in this forum says the delay is 2 minutes) Especially since you had tried out similar utility convertors. i Quote from your earlier mail "I have tries out and its the fastest amongst the all available"
Your input as to this utilities advantage and speed will be helpful to all of us.

Regards

Saji
HI Saji
I have been following ur posts related to PIB, in one of them u had mentioned that the refresh is real time, real quick. I have experimented and concluded that its the pib that makes the diff.
My earlier copy refreshed @ 4-7 mins. The current one refreshes @ 1 min.
Could u please help me with ur copy of PIB folder, i will like to check if thats the reason.

I will really apprecaite ur help here.

Best Regards
Coool.

HI Saji
I have been following ur posts related to PIB, in one of them u had mentioned that the refresh is real time, real quick. I have experimented and concluded that its the pib that makes the diff.
My earlier copy refreshed @ 4-7 mins. The current one refreshes @ 1 min.
Could u please help me with ur copy of PIB folder, i will like to check if thats the reason.

I will really apprecaite ur help here.

Best Regards
Coool.
Dear Saji,

I have also been facing the same problem of refresh time. If possible, please provide one copy of your PIB folder to me too.

Dear Coool,

How you have changed refresh time from 4-7 min to 1 min? I have gone through various settings of PIB but did not find anything about refresh time.

Although refresh of charts in PIB itself is nearly real time, but data update in PIB data folder is delayed.

Regards,

K S Kachhwaha

Dear Saji,

I have also been facing the same problem of refresh time. If possible, please provide one copy of your PIB folder to me too.

Dear Coool,

How you have changed refresh time from 4-7 min to 1 min? I have gone through various settings of PIB but did not find anything about refresh time.

Although refresh of charts in PIB itself is nearly real time, but data update in PIB data folder is delayed.

Regards,

K S Kachhwaha

Dear Cem,Sajji and others follwing this thread,
I had a chance look at this thread today, and thought that I should share my views on your problem, now what ever convertor you make, or you have it is all data dependent, at times PIB data is not written in the data folder so early, specially if you have large market watch list, secondly, your data conversion will have problem if you sync your intraday charting, to draw all the lost data for the day, what will happen let me explain, suppose you have run PIB from 0955 to 1210 and everything is working fine and then you get disconnected for some reason or the other, and again you connect say after 5 min and sync to get the lost data, now in your data file in pib data folder you will have data in sequence 0955 to 1210 and again 0955 to latest time,hence you need to sort the data, probably, check out how fast your PIB is writing the data in the excel sheet and then configure your convertor accordingly, what cool has been saying about the PIB may have some validity, you can check with him too. although I have been using PIB with a convertor and I use Metastock charting software, and my data gets refreshed at 15 sec interval. people needing convertor with this limitation may ask. me through pm and check if it suits .

Ajit

Dear Cem,Sajji and others follwing this thread,
I had a chance look at this thread today, and thought that I should share my views on your problem, now what ever convertor you make, or you have it is all data dependent, at times PIB data is not written in the data folder so early, specially if you have large market watch list, secondly, your data conversion will have problem if you sync your intraday charting, to draw all the lost data for the day, what will happen let me explain, suppose you have run PIB from 0955 to 1210 and everything is working fine and then you get disconnected for some reason or the other, and again you connect say after 5 min and sync to get the lost data, now in your data file in pib data folder you will have data in sequence 0955 to 1210 and again 0955 to latest time,hence you need to sort the data, probably, check out how fast your PIB is writing the data in the excel sheet and then configure your convertor accordingly, what cool has been saying about the PIB may have some validity, you can check with him too. although I have been using PIB with a convertor and I use Metastock charting software, and my data gets refreshed at 15 sec interval. people needing convertor with this limitation may ask. me through pm and check if it suits .

Ajit
Cany pls elaborate more on the converter you are using!!

Cany pls elaborate more on the converter you are using!![/UOTE]

Dear Sai,
I could not understand what do you want to know on further elaboration,I am not a computer related professional, and have little knowledge of programing etc, however, what I have posted here is a typical user point of view of how a particualr utility is functioning from a charting software prespective, so I am sorry I may not be competent enough to elaborate on this, all that I want to say is the convertor I got, refreshes data on 15 sec and further It has a option to be excercised by the users to reduce it further.
to say 5 sec. but for technicallites and how it happens, that all the programmer can only answer, if you need it probably I can ask him and if he shares his view I can pass it on to you, so please be specific as to what information you are looking forward to.

Ajit

Dear Cool, Cem and ajitsariachirdeep,

Like ajitsariachirdeep mentioned in his reply i also get amibroker updated quickly. I do not know the minutes involved and how to find it out since i am not a techie. But one thing i am sure is that the updation to AMI is fast (Not more than one minute) since i use AMI only to enter and exit out of trades.

Some times there is disconnection of PIB but i am able to login witin a few seconds and the utlity takes over and continues as usual but ofcourse with out the backfill. I use synchronise only when i connect to PIB after some time due to office work or when i need to make a decision on buy or sell for particular scrip quickly.

Ajitsariachirdeep also has said his convertor refreshes data on 15 sec and further It has a option to be excercised by the users to reduce it further.
to say 5 sec. but for technicallites and how it happens, that all the programmer can only answer.

I also feel his statement is true and i use 5 sec.My PIB market watch has 100 scrips. I use only one market watch.

Although i mentioned earlier i am not a techie i am very much interested in softwares and has the notorious habit of installing and trying out the new ones i get from a programmer friend of mine and from net. This friend had created good convertors for me several times matching my requirements. Only problem with him is he is too lazy but brilliant in ideas and execution.

Why i mentioned is that once i had installed a programme called copernic which seraches your system for any files quickly. It was much better than google and MS search. But recently they had come out with a beta version and i had installed it. But suddenly my PIB was refreshing so slow i had to unistall it because it was hogging too much of memory. After that PIB worked very smoothly. I think PIB requires good qty of RAM especially if your watch list is big.

The second reason is that i had collected from net so many excel utilities and other softwares long time back for getting real time data so that i can get my friend to write a programme for me(around 60 MB zip file).At that time no convertor was available in India. I think most of the codes were open . This includes the ADK (Ami broker Development kit) of AMIBROKER for with source codes for getting RT data into AMI. I think ADK had source code for Quotetracker and other foreign data services.

I had sent it to the creator of datafetchers voluntarily and he had mentioned it could be helpful in improving the utility.My only purpose of collecting all these things was so that some one could develop a convertor for all of us traders for a price or free.

Once sentence he had clearly mentioned in his reply was that if i could provide him with the latest ADK he could make his PIB convertor 100% more faster. Yes that is what he has wrote. The ADK i had supplied to him were older version and C languages etc. I had tried his PIB convertor it works very nicely and pretty fast. Since it works on dot .net frame it is easy to get it working and uses less resources. Overall a very good utility from the trial experience i had.

I had also tried Powerquotes pro trial and found it bit slow then. May be they have improved on it later. I had tried their intial version when they were setting up their website. May be i should try their latest version once again. But one thing i can say convincingly is that Powerquotes pro is very easy to install and highly userfriendly. I should say it is a very good job they have done. Absolutely no problems during installation or use. it is a pucca professional job with excellent help file.

I had also tried satyas convertor but to be honest i could never get it working for me. I had tried install and reinstall several times.Then i gave up. I wish he will keep the PIB convertor seperate instead of having all in one utility.Since he also trades he has better knowledge about the requirements of other traders and can provide the best utilities for us.

His NSE data extractor was very good and simple to use. With little more modifications it would have been an excellent utility even for a price. But unfortunately this also he has combined it with his stock tools.

Cool i had read about your convertor and had downloaded all the versions. But never tried it out since i had a couple of utilities that is working fine. Any way after i had read Karthik marar message in Technical investor forum day before yesterday i had downloaded the latest version once again for use. I will let you know the feed back later.

Cem the effort you had put in your NSE EOD convertor is highly appreciable. But i faced problems in derivatives section. Other wise download and conversion is good. But it still require some fine tuning.I will give you my feed backs later on . I need time to evaluate it. Have you released any othe new versions.Right now i carefully evaluating Pankhajs EOD downloader.

If somone could create a utility that will update data from PIB dtafolder diectly to AMIBROKER database the updates can be fast. I think presently many of the convertors use text file to write data from PIB and then to AMI.
why dont you al give it a try using the latest AMIBROKER plugins

ODBC Data and AFL data plugins and their source codes are available from the following locations:
ODBC/SQL Universal Data plugin: http://www.amibroker.com/bin/odbc/ODBC.dll
ODBC/SQL Universal AFL plugin: http://www.amibroker.com/bin/odbc/ODBCA.dll
ODBC/SQL Data/AFL plugin C++ source code (for Visual C++ 6.0) http://www.amibroker.com/bin/odbc/ODBCSrc.zip

Regards

Saji