Option Buy Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends,

For Nifty Future traders who would like to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of the thread, Nifty levels for tomorrow are as under:

Resistence at 5072
Support at 4978

If you go short 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money call and if you go long 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money put to hedge. Reco. to trade as per trend strategy posted in 1st post of this thread.

Regards
Hi,

I am new in this post while I have been following other posts.
But your first post looks very disciplined and achievable for a person who is working in a company.

I am going through your first post. What I have seen there, is buying calls and puts as hedging strategy or intraday trading strategy.
But nowhere it mentioned buying 1 lot future and 1 lot put or selling 1 lot future and buying 1 lot call.

Have you changed your approach by using 1 lot future and hedging it with 1 lot option? Or have I missed something?

Rajiv

Its good to see a thread on Options recomendations. However please keep in mind that Options other than that of Nifty and a few other scripts are very illliquid, particularly the ones that are out of money.
The CMP mentioned by you seems to be the closing price. The spread in many illiquid options is to big.
One even needs to know the target which you have provided. It will happen on many occassions that the price reaches the target but maybe just a single lot is traded at that price.
Also at times the SL level will be breached by just a small trade or SL may jump the level without giving an opportunity to exit. If however a SL is kept at to exit at MArket rates on trigger of SL the exit may be considearbly lower than the SL level. Any suggestion how to avoid these things.
Regards
R K Karnani

Great post indeed , but why not consider naked call writing at 5600 or 5700 for Dec expiry and let the theta decay with time. You'll need a decent amount for margin but decent profit if you have patience to play it out cool till end of month.

ghosh_ak34

Hi,

I am new in this post while I have been following other posts.
But your first post looks very disciplined and achievable for a person who is working in a company.

I am going through your first post. What I have seen there, is buying calls and puts as hedging strategy or intraday trading strategy.
But nowhere it mentioned buying 1 lot future and 1 lot put or selling 1 lot future and buying 1 lot call.

Have you changed your approach by using 1 lot future and hedging it with 1 lot option? Or have I missed something?

Rajiv
Dear Rajiv,

Both are different strategies one for Nifty options and other on Nifty future with hedge. However, both these are based on trend check strategy posted in the 1st post of this thread.

Regards

trade4putuval

Dear Rajiv,

Both are different strategies one for Nifty options and other on Nifty future with hedge. However, both these are based on trend check strategy posted in the 1st post of this thread.

Regards
Hi,

Thanks! Maybe I read the note a little bit faster.
I took the printout, went home and read it again.
There was a note in it regarding trading futures.
Thanks!

Since I am starting this week, is it possible for me to know last week's high, low and close now from any website. This is for me to know if the trend is up or down or sideways.

Or if you could provide the trend or data, good!

Rajiv

ghosh_ak34

Hi,

Thanks! Maybe I read the note a little bit faster.
I took the printout, went home and read it again.
There was a note in it regarding trading futures.
Thanks!

Since I am starting this week, is it possible for me to know last week's high, low and close now from any website. This is for me to know if the trend is up or down or sideways.

Or if you could provide the trend or data, good!

Rajiv
Dear Rajiv,

You can refer nseindia, icharts dot in etc. for last weeks OHLC prices.

Regards

ghosh_ak34

Dear Friends,

For Nifty Future traders who would like to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of the thread, Nifty levels for tomorrow are as under:

Resistence at 5192
Support at 5074

If you go short 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money call and if you go long 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money put to hedge. Reco. to trade as per trend strategy posted in 1st post of this thread.

Regards

stockBond

Dear Friends,

Resistence at 5072
Support at 4978

Regards
Are we heading towards 5200+ or will it breach 4900 level........what is ahead in nifty ??

holding nifty PUT options so worried........

@ stockBond:
Where are your stoplosses? Believe me, if you have put in a lot of money, it can wipe you off without a stoploss. I was heading down the drain last year, but Satyam saved me! After that, I never ever traded without stoplosses.

Dear Ghosh Sir,

Thank you for all the replies and guidance.

I am holding Nifty Jan Expiry, 5000 Call bought @Rs. 198. What should be my target.

Warm Regards,
Anant

ghosh_ak34

Dear Friends,

Resistence at 5155
Support at 5082

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.