Online Trading For NRI's

If you are living in the Middle East / Gulf area you can open an online trading 3 -in -1 account with icicidirect.com

If you could provide your country of residence maybe you could get some help from the other members of this forum.
Thanks a lot Traderji for inviting me back.
Actually I'm in UK and was trading online through Indiabulls. Since Oct 06, They have stopped me from trading as they do not have my pan number. I can't complete the formalities of PAN number from here as some info on the PAN number forms will only be available from Incometax office in India. Since I had to discontinue trading until I get my PAN number. Being a british national, i don't know if I can get this PAN number or not? If yes what can be the implications.

May be here at this forum somebody might be able to help me.

Kind regards
Geeta

I am a Canadian resident and I currently using ICICI direct for offline trading. I contacted reliancemooney & indiabulls and both of them said that they dont open tradnig accounts for NRIs. Kotak securities said that they will open a offline trading account and so I am going to give it a shot.

Cheers
rsk

I am a Canadian resident and I currently using ICICI direct for offline trading. I contacted reliancemooney & indiabulls and both of them said that they dont open tradnig accounts for NRIs. Kotak securities said that they will open a offline trading account and so I am going to give it a shot.

Cheers
rsk
Hi rsk
Offline means what? is it throgh telephone etc?
regards

I too have the 3 in one account with ICICI direct but if I trade using that account I will not be able to repatriate the money from India to USA. The demat account is linked with the local savings account. On their website they say that the online trading is available to only certain Gulf contries, Dubai, Saudi etc. I have an account with Kotak and they do allow NRI to trade using "call and Trade" feature i.e. you need call them whenever you want to trade. I am looking for someone who provides online trading using website so that I don't need to call anyone to do the trading.

Thanks,
Miththoo

Thanks a lot Traderji for inviting me back.
Actually I'm in UK and was trading online through Indiabulls. Since Oct 06, They have stopped me from trading as they do not have my pan number. I can't complete the formalities of PAN number from here as some info on the PAN number forms will only be available from Incometax office in India. Since I had to discontinue trading until I get my PAN number. Being a british national, i don't know if I can get this PAN number or not? If yes what can be the implications.

May be here at this forum somebody might be able to help me.

Kind regards
Geeta
Geeta: check the NSDL site for PAN. You can download the PAN application or apply online, and yes, you can get the PAN card even if you are not indian citizen. NSDL also sends the PAN card outside India, only a delivery charge of Rs. 600 is charged.
One more way to obtain PAN is through sahara care web site

I AM NRI BASED IN UK, WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT OPENING TRADING ACCOUNT.
i WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW IF PAN CARD IS REQUIRED FOR OPEING SUCH ACCOUNTS.
SUSHIL JAIN