One Thread Per Broker or a Sub Forum

Hi Mod,

Can we have a single sticky thread on top for each of the broker or Sub forums? It is becoming very difficult to find information on any one particular broker.

I'm looking to get information on Ventura securities and i have to go through multiple threads without finding the information i need, most of the time newbies instead of searching will keep asking the same information again and again. If we do the above, it will become easy to search and find information on one particular broker very easily.

What do you suggest?

Totally agree with you. But the thread on multiple broker comparison would help for the moment...
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-tra...sharekhan-religare-indiabulls-5paisa-etc.html

A member of the forum rajputz had replied about ventura couple of weeks back with this valuable information:

Ventura: -
Plus: - Terminal is good(once u understand the system fully and adopt it then only), Very low brokerage, phone support available, margin funding four times (good or bad for different people ), Charting is average

Negatives: - Low security, no BTST(buy today sell tomorrow) short sell and short buy occurs most of the times, on t+2 day if you ave any stock at 4 times leverage the marin i blocked and account is locked.
(currently using)

"i am my self using ventura for last four months...i wont say that i am addict to it but its terminal i think is most user friendly and adaptable....the system is good...the only thing is that you need to understand it completely...

unluckily this understanding of the system mostly is understood by individual by their own risk..

for eg.. what i learnt with them

1. never use BTST with ventura...if u want to BTST then do it on futures.
2. if your opening margin is negative then u yourself sell the number of shares or transfer that much amount to ventura before they square off the same amount from you demat.
3. if short buy and short sell happens cause of BTST, then the amount of shares gone short sell or short buy is blocked after 5 days for more five days.

so there are some thing u have to see before setting ur self with them. else there system is good as compared to others in case of brokerage.

the other thing for me ventura lacks is in providing 10 times brokerage for intraday."

Hope this helps!

JK

murthymsr

Hi Mod,

Can we have a single sticky thread on top for each of the broker or Sub forums? It is becoming very difficult to find information on any one particular broker.

I'm looking to get information on Ventura securities and i have to go through multiple threads without finding the information i need, most of the time newbies instead of searching will keep asking the same information again and again. If we do the above, it will become easy to search and find information on one particular broker very easily.

What do you suggest?
I agree.

The comparison helps in choosing the best broker based on one's requirements. Similar comparison is necessary for the software application (like TradeAnyWhere, ODIN etc) made available by the brokers.

But after having selected one broker and a scheme, we should get deep into the available features of the selected software and the customization by the broker.

When selecting a broker, we have selected not only a broker, but also a scheme with a specific software.

To enhance the utility of the services by a broker/software, we need to have a detailed discussion on that broker/software. We have separate threads for each broker/software, but the comparison threads are so popular and prompt response given by the active contributors, users are inclined to post in those popular threads, where response in more or less certain.

As for me, I use CanMoney with TradeAnyWhere and I post/respond in those threads.

murthymsr