NSE DataExtractor for FCharts

Am a newbie in FCharts and really appreciate the effort put in to build this Data Extractor... Its a lifesaver...

Can anyone be kind enough to share the scanning formulae used in FCharts to identify various scenarios. This formula can be used to scan stocks that are ready for acquisition etc...

Thanks in advance

lvgandhi

Dear Satya,
Thanks for your data extractor.
I would like to put some of my observations so that to know whether I have missed to understand any of the features it has and also it may be of use in further development.
Though many thing may look obvious to the programmers, it may not be for users. hence a help file containing intended uses and how it can be achived will be of great use.
I have used versions 1.3 and 2 both.
In version 1.3, it took more time for downloading than version 2. (I am with a real broadband with which I get near about 500 kB/sec in USA).
Version 1.3 has made individual files for each symbol, but in version 2 I could get only files for each day in fcharts format. Am I correct?
For those who want to use best-charts. Data generated by dataext can be imported in Aptistock and the aptistock data folder can be used as external EOD data folder in bestcharts.
Once again thanks.

murthymsr

dear gandhi,

please provide the eod & stockwise data samples for assesing the data format for aptistock and filename/folder location requirements for information of developers to look into the possibility of supporting in the next versions of the software. none sofar have indicated the requirement of support to aptistock. i, of course have not tried, as my OS is not supported by aptistock.

murthymsr

lvgandhi said:
Dear Satya,
Once again thanks.
use version 2.0, as it has very small foot print and doenst require any other controls.

the data is in the form of ticker,mmddyyyy,O,H,L,C.

Any software which can accept data in this form, can make use of DataExtractor 2.0 utility's data.

Regards
Satya

pkjha30

lvgandhi said:
Dear Satya,
I would like to put some of my observations so that to know whether I have missed to understand any of the features it has and also it may be of use in further development.
Though many thing may look obvious to the programmers, it may not be for users. hence a help file containing intended uses and how it can be achived will be of great use.
In version 1.3, it took more time for downloading than version 2. (I am with a real broadband with which I get near about 500 kB/sec in USA).
Version 1.3 has made individual files for each symbol, but in version 2 I could get only files for each day in fcharts format. Am I correct?
For those who want to use best-charts. Data generated by dataext can be imported in Aptistock and the aptistock data folder can be used as external EOD data folder in bestcharts.
Once again thanks.
Hi
I think I can reply and it anything is not clear srisara may clarify.

Following is the link for post to de2.0.
http://www.traderji.com/30529-post129.html
It indicates the format in which data is generated. It is a flat file without header. If you are very particular about specific order you can open the file in excel and reorder the fields, you can put header line as per your requirement on the top of the file then save the file as csv. It can be imported by most of the softwares available. For formats search in the forum and you will find information about it.fcharts can directly import data if you specify the fields properly.

Most of the softwares which use data in binary formats(proprietary to them) have option to import data.

It is rather risky to convert directly into binary format unless one has specification or does the extensive testing on their binary files and find the data format . So de2.0 has not implemented that as it will tie the program to a particular software only and if they change the format(Update) then conversion will become useless as again you have to work from the beginning. Hence data generated is in the flat file format.

Regarding Help file I think plenty of help is available in the posts here you can save all the posts to text file and format as help and it will of graet help to members.

Regards
Pankaj

lvgandhi

murthymsr said:
dear gandhi,

please provide the eod & stockwise data samples for assesing the data format for aptistock and filename/folder location requirements for information of developers to look into the possibility of supporting in the next versions of the software. none sofar have indicated the requirement of support to aptistock. i, of course have not tried, as my OS is not supported by aptistock.

murthymsr
Dear Mr.Murthy,
For import in aptistock, data is accepted in the format given by data extractor. It keeps the data files in folder C:\Program Files/AptiStock/Data/NSE in this format
Date,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Adj. Close*
20-Apr-06,190.50,192.90,187.00,187.80,376093,187.80
19-Apr-06,189.00,191.90,185.25,188.10,672851,188.10
18-Apr-06,183.85,186.70,183.00,184.90,258601,184.90
17-Apr-06,176.90,185.70,175.00,180.65,292908,180.65
13-Apr-06,179.00,179.00,170.00,175.50,187285,175.50
10-Apr-06,185.70,188.00,182.80,185.70,226689,185.70
7-Apr-06,194.10,196.40,183.00,184.80,678971,184.80
5-Apr-06,187.40,196.50,187.40,192.15,1264544,192.15
4-Apr-06,190.70,193.85,185.00,186.30,482984,186.30

Hence dataextractor output is sufficient.

lvgandhi

srisara said:
use version 2.0, as it has very small foot print and doenst require any other controls.

the data is in the form of ticker,mmddyyyy,O,H,L,C.

Any software which can accept data in this form, can make use of DataExtractor 2.0 utility's data.

Regards
Satya
Mr.Satya
Thanks for the response. It is a good program. I agree that the data format given is accepted by all the programs mentioned by you. I don't have metastock. Not tested by me. It is tested by me in aptistock also.
Once again thanks.

lvgandhi

Dear PKJha,
Thanks for hosting the software. I think I was not clear. See my points inline

pkjha30 said:
Hi
I think I can reply and it anything is not clear srisara may clarify.

Following is the link for post to de2.0.
http://www.traderji.com/30529-post129.html

I have read all the posts in this thread quite a few times.

It indicates the format in which data is generated. It is a flat file without header. If you are very particular about specific order you can open the file in excel and reorder the fields, you can put header line as per your requirement on the top of the file then save the file as csv. It can be imported by most of the softwares available. For formats search in the forum and you will find information about it.fcharts can directly import data if you specify the fields properly.

Thanks for the explanation. I have only mentioned some facilities which were there in 1.3 is not found in 2. Nothing more.

Most of the softwares which use data in binary formats(proprietary to them) have option to import data.

yes I agree.

It is rather risky to convert directly into binary format unless one has specification or does the extensive testing on their binary files and find the data format . So de2.0 has not implemented that as it will tie the program to a particular software only and if they change the format(Update) then conversion will become useless as again you have to work from the beginning. Hence data generated is in the flat file format.

Thanks for the explanation.

Regarding Help file I think plenty of help is available in the posts here you can save all the posts to text file and format as help and it will of graet help to members.

My purpose was user can have immidiate access to help. Help files make clear to user the intended usage and avoid wrong usage.

Once again thanks to response.