NSE Cash Market data from inception

Hi all,

Subroto needs to be thanked by many of us for periodically posting updataded data. He has taken this great responsibility of helping new comers and the 'not so fresh' ones who messed their database. Unfortunately I myself belong to the 2nd group. About 3 years back, I got the historical database from this forum and developed that with bhavcopydonloader and later hakija. Unfortunately the whole thing has been messed up. In the meantime I have migrated to Amiboker from Metastock 11. However data is always data, hence such migration is not an issue. The most recent database provided by Subroto will certainly be a great help. Now wondering which downloader software to use for its maintenance!

And Subroto, thank you so much.

Sudip

Hello Subroto,

It seems that I need a bit more help. I downloaded the NSE_CM data updated by you. they were nicely read by Ami. However when trying to create a new database (from scratch) in MS11, I am not able to do that with downloader. Earlier when I used to update daily files, the txt file was named by the date and MS downloader had no problem in deciphering data from those files. However here the files are in the name of scripts. Perhaps for that I need to do some trick, which I don't know. Looking for help.
Thanks in advance.

sr114

Hello Subroto,

It seems that I need a bit more help. I downloaded the NSE_CM data updated by you. they were nicely read by Ami. However when trying to create a new database (from scratch) in MS11, I am not able to do that with downloader. Earlier when I used to update daily files, the txt file was named by the date and MS downloader had no problem in deciphering data from those files. However here the files are in the name of scripts. Perhaps for that I need to do some trick, which I don't know. Looking for help.
Thanks in advance.
Sudip67

actually the data are exported from ami with ticker in the 1st col in the csv.

so to make it ms11 compatible u have to delete the 1st col in the csv file.

1st way is to write a macro that will delete the 1st col and save the scrip file is ascii or csv format.

2nd way is to export the data from ami with the omission of the ticker and save it in txt or csv format. u can use the data exporter afl (google it) and u will be done

these r the way i think data conversion is possible.

rgds
subroto

Last edited:

sr114

Sudip67

u can use this afl to get the data (scrip data wise in ms format) in ascii txt format

/*
Export EOD data to CSV/TXT files
One file for each stock
In the first line insert the directory you want to save them to, make sure the directory exists
Select your charts to export with the "Apply to" filter in AA window
Select the timeframe period you want to save as using the AA "Settings"
Press Scan button
by Graham Kavanagh 05 Feb 2004 - tweaked for ms format_04032013
*/

fh = fopen( "c:\\SAVEDATA\\"+Name()+".txt", "w");
if( fh )
{
//fputs( "Ticker,Date,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Open Int\n", fh );
y = Year();
m = Month();
d = Day();

for( i = 0; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
//fputs( Name() + "," , fh );

ds = StrFormat("%02.0f/%02.0f/%02.0f,",
y[ i ], m[ i ], d[ i ] );
fputs( ds, fh );

qs = StrFormat("%.4f,%.4f,%.4f,%.4f,%.0f,%.0f,\n",
O[ i ],H[ i ],L[ i ],C[ i ],V[ i ],OI ); // if u do not want OI , comment it by // and put a ; before the comment
fputs( qs, fh );
}

fclose( fh );
}

Buy = 0;

the data will exported in YMD format.

i think this is the best possible way to get the data in ms format rather than writing a macro and chanfing some1000+ scrip files

rgds
subroto

Last edited:
Subroto,
Feeling sorry to inform u that the converted files are still not being recognized by MS11 downloader. However the afl did its expected job. Now the files are without ticker name and dates are in yyyy/mm/dd format. So I am still stuck. Just think of the technical aspect behind it.
Regards - Sudip

Another observation, when pulling data out of ami, if we can get it in date-wise format instead of scriptwise format, I think we can solve the problem of feeding that to MS11. Can we tweak that afl to produce it, another form of same data matrice.
Regards. ---- Sudip

Thanks Subroto.

Haven't downloaded new set of data yet. Hope this time it will work with MS11. However try to recode the afl, if possible, enabling it to extract data from ami database. MS11 downloader needs data to be organised in date files instead of individual file named by individual stock. The same way we download from NSE server. I guess some modification of the afl provided by you will serve the purpose. I hope such an afl will become a handy utility to many of us.

And thanks, once more, for your continuous efforts in providing support to forum.

Regards.

Sudip