NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusi

Hi yusi

I am using NOW terminal for trading and Now2Ami to fetch data to AB.
At present, I have 2 marketwatchs (previously I had only 1 with about 15-17 scrips), say MW1 (10-12 scrips) and MW2 (about 30-32 scrips) and I have linked MW2 with Now2Ami.

As previously I had only 1 MW with 15-17 scrips, I never faced any sort of problem, (as all scrips were visible on the monitor screen). But now I am facing some problem. Please let me know, what I am missing.

Problem 1: As I can not view all the 30-32 scrips at the same time, due to screen size of monitor, I have to move MW2 up and down occasionally/as and when required.

And I noticed that, because of this up/down movement, only those scrips that are visible on monitor screen (of MW2) at that particular time, update and the ones that are not visible (hidden) on screen do not update. Now, if I move MW2 up, then previously hidden (now visible) scrips start updating but scrips previously visible but now hidden (due to upmove) stop updating. Why it is so.

Problem 2: If I open MW1, Now2 Ami stops pulling data and so stops updating AB of scrips of MW2.

But if I open MW2 and then open any other webpage or window, it keeps updating those scrips that are visible on the screen (but now hidden due to webpage or other window).

Why I am facing this problem. Please suggest some solution.

Thanks
You have described the issue very accurately as to why I say that Now2Ami will only capture visible symbols and though the broker limit for the number of symbols in a NOW market watch is 50 or so, the practical limit for Now2Ami capture is the number of visible symbols.

Look at it from a different perspective of the NOW author -- to make realtime quote updates faster, one of the optimizations is not to update rows in the market watch that are not visible. This is precisely the behavior in NOW, and is done during each update so it remains true if you scroll the MW window. . As a corollary, if a market watch is not active, there is no need to spend CPU cycles updating it. You will notice that when you switch market watches, it takes a few seconds before the quotes start updating.

By the way, this is not true of Odin -- it does not have this optimization, so there is no such limit to the number of symbols that can be captured in Odin2Ami.

Now2Ami can only pick up quotes that have changed. The only solution is that, in NOW, dock or close any unnecessary windows (log, index, connectivity, ticker), or make the market watch font size smaller, and remove/minimize blank lines there. It may strike you that using a market watch in full window mode may help, but that has other issues.

I typically capture about 35 symbols on my humble screen.

yusi

But how to shift these 3 items as shown in the image to the right top as in your image
Easier done than described -- drag each panel using it's left border and drop it approximately where you want it placed.

For the index panel, it is suggested that you drag it to the market watch; it will become a normal window. Resize to suit (including Fit to Data from it's context menu). Then drag it using the title bar to required position where it will revert to a panel.

a1b1trader

Easier done than described -- drag each panel using it's left border and drop it approximately where you want it placed.

For the index panel, it is suggested that you drag it to the market watch; it will become a normal window. Resize to suit (including Fit to Data from it's context menu). Then drag it using the title bar to required position where it will revert to a panel.
Thanks yusi
It helped a lot.
Previously I was trying to drag it using wrong way and it didnt :D

a1b1trader

Now2Ami 0.9v, though working smoothly.
But when I tried to backfill, facing error

"Unexpected error during backfill

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Please suggest a solution

Thanks

yusi

Now2Ami 0.9v, though working smoothly.
But when I tried to backfill, facing error

"Unexpected error during backfill

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Please suggest a solution

Thanks
As it says it is an unexpected error so I cannot guess offhand. Open the NOW Hourly Statistics window and see if you can get the data for any one symbol. If by chance, the Exch-Seg dropdown shows blank (as sometimes happens), you would have to restart NOW. This assumes that you are referring to internal or current day backfill.

Otherwise, email with your Ammyy ID.

a1b1trader

As it says it is an unexpected error so I cannot guess offhand. Open the NOW Hourly Statistics window and see if you can get the data for any one symbol. If by chance, the Exch-Seg dropdown shows blank (as sometimes happens), you would have to restart NOW. This assumes that you are referring to internal or current day backfill.

Otherwise, email with your Ammyy ID.
Thanks yusi
As suggested, this was a problem with NOW
Restarting NOW solved the problem

So nice of you
Thanks

hi sir new in the forum

and i am eager to get this utility

i dont know the proper way for this

but if it is possible to you to share that utility here i would be thankful

waiting

Status