Nifty Trade log...!

jagankris

My dad was a full time trader....! my hubby is a full time trader...! combined experience of over 30 years...! personal experience is just over 5 yrs...!:)
Didi ji,

You are really fortunate :).
Hope to learn a lot from your thought process log.

Hope to see your account growing to 21 Lakhs in 4 Months.
Is it possible to achieve this with Options writing ?

And some how your writings and indicators and trades reminds me Linkon ji.

1) I request to give a detailed explanation on the aspect of Risk.
As experience increases every trader will try to increase his risk percentage and may not be glued to what ever is written or circulated outside.

2)Humbleness towards markets - Respected experienced traders speak about humbleness.
Why not discipline,Confidence and arrogance ?

TIA.

Last edited:
Didi ji,

I'll take this as a huge compliment...! My dad used to say that linkon is a male version of me, only 6 years more experienced and hence more refined in some ways. Somehow the rest of the friends and family agree with that view...!

will touch up on the rest of the topic after market...!

Thoughtlog...23rd May!

9.14 :
SGX @ 5420
Yesterdays high : 5522, low : 5428
Day befores high : 5445, low 5404

VA : 5499 to 5452 VAL to watch : 5410

9.19 : exited all the puts Made good killing placed re entry at 115

9.24 : markets pausing at 5425 absorbing the fresh shorts today there is a very high chance of a up day and LOD is already formed at 5419.. break of that will see fresh lows5355 maybe

9.25 : 3 min guppy gave a buy with 5420 as sl gaps are always easier to play this one is a bit tricky have VAL as support 5420 again critical.

9.32: couldnt resistbot 5400 callat 50 ! I am not taking long on nf and this appears better very good risk reward once account goes above 30 kwill resume his stupid 100 nf sl at 5410 VAL

9.40 5419 holds still gap down and now bulls on the highway being chased by the bears and bears not doing a good job., round of short covering or profit booking will punch it higher or else 5355 come to mama

9.44: I have a bad feeling this trade can go wrongmarket sniffing for my sl

9.45: Rakesh sold at 5421.. god on sell side now.! Ab basanti nachegi.!

5419 broke. dont feel like trading today..exited 5400 call at 48 5400 june hit re entry at 5415 will carry it for the next day day sl at 90 bahut huwa 5355 here we come. ! no more for the day!

Subhadip

Re: Thoughtlog...23rd May!

9.14 :
SGX @ 5420
Yesterdays high : 5522, low : 5428
Day befores high : 5445, low 5404

VA : 5499 to 5452 VAL to watch : 5410

9.19 : exited all the puts Made good killing placed re entry at 115

9.24 : markets pausing at 5425 absorbing the fresh shorts today there is a very high chance of a up day and LOD is already formed at 5419.. break of that will see fresh lows5355 maybe

9.25 : 3 min guppy gave a buy with 5420 as sl gaps are always easier to play this one is a bit tricky have VAL as support 5420 again critical.

9.32: couldnt resistbot 5400 callat 50 ! I am not taking long on nf and this appears better very good risk reward once account goes above 30 kwill resume his stupid 100 nf sl at 5410 VAL

9.40 5419 holds still gap down and now bulls on the highway being chased by the bears and bears not doing a good job., round of short covering or profit booking will punch it higher or else 5355 come to mama

9.44: I have a bad feeling this trade can go wrongmarket sniffing for my sl

9.45: Rakesh sold at 5421.. god on sell side now.! Ab basanti nachegi.!

5419 broke. dont feel like trading today..exited 5400 call at 48 5400 june hit re entry at 5415 will carry it for the next day day sl at 90 bahut huwa 5355 here we come. ! no more for the day!
hey u changed from future to option....

then also option buying..

why?
any specific reason?

Didi ji,

You are really fortunate :).
Hope to learn a lot from your thought process log.

Hope to see your account growing to 21 Lakhs in 4 Months.
Is it possible to achieve this with Options writing ?

1) I request to give a detailed explanation on the aspect of Risk.
As experience increases every trader will try to increase his risk percentage and may not be glued to what ever is written or circulated outside.

2)Humbleness towards markets - Respected experienced traders speak about humbleness.
Why not discipline,Confidence and arrogance ?

TIA.
option writing is meant for larger account where we have a cash reserve ratio of at least 50%... to execute exit strategy...! so 30 K...is good if we stay on the buy side... but that means we need momentum on our side to benefit... even if we get direction and tgt right..we end up loosing sometimes if momentum is not a friend of the trade...

Risk per trade is the only thing we can control. Rest all is pure uncertainty...! chart is history of price action... right side of the chart is in the head of FII / DII / market makers... every trade is a high risk-high return ( break out trades) or low risk-low return (fade extreame trades) or a combination of either. trade location is the key to proper risk management. if we get the direction right, but enter very late..then we have to risk a wider stop loss or get stopped out and watch market move without us...!

Lastly, humbleness... this is the stage where knowledge has been cocooned with time to experience. This phase is when good traders know the uncertainty associated with market and stop trying to get each trade right. when maker proves his trade right, he decides to make hay while sun shines... ( read BUILD ON WINNERS)...

arrogance is something market punishes with impunity.... bahut maarta hai... without fail...! once arrogance is gone... humbleness is left behind... something like lack of negative is a positive...

I am yet to meet a very confident trader who is not humbled by the market time and again... all traders are by virtue scared of each trade that he/she puts... only issue is...they dont care if sl hits... no elation... no churi torna... likewise when he hits big time trade... no jumping wt joy... best case scenario, he teats people around him with tea...

Discipline is a myth. Only mechanical traders are very disciplined traders and they rely on law of average to take care of profit...! there are very very few mechanical systems that perform in all phases of the market. Bad phase of the market normally takes the discipline of such traders to the cleaners... kutte ki tara chun chun ke discipline wala daag ko nikalte hai....!

my view... so open to debate...!

Re: Thoughtlog...23rd May!

hey u changed from future to option....

then also option buying..

why?
any specific reason?
i didnt want to add capital now...

so 5420 was sl... for long, 5400 call offered trade with just 2 point sl...

reversal would give me a tgt of 5355... that was with 5400 put june long... trigger buy at 115 its HOD at that time...!

I was hoping that 5400 may call hits sl and triggering my 5400 june put long... if market feeling it still has steam left then put leg wouldnt trigger... call had a high delta since premium was just 20 points... wouldnt dry up much...!

Idea is to take it back to 30 K... then trade NF...!

Last edited: