Nifty Positional Trading Vs. Intraday Trading

PS: Is there any place where I can get chart/graph for Nifty futures on "real" time basis?
I wanna set out by doing some paper trading ...
Yahoo finance gives 2 types of intraday charts online, in one day and 5 days format. I prefer the basic one

Basic

You can also check out this one

Advanced

It comes with few selectable indicators.

Hope its useful.
Thanks

Laksh

What about premiums and discounts on futures that keep changing?
Yes. Premiums vary & the future price does not exactly follow the spot price. On most days the chart pattern remains the same though the price varies from the spot; but there are occasional days when the chat pattern varies widely from the spot.

Laksh

Laksh

PS: Is there any place where I can get chart/graph for Nifty futures on "real" time basis?
I wanna set out by doing some paper trading ...
I'm using tt5 from 5paisa. It gives rt f&o charts with a few common indicators. Probably sharekhan also provides similar facility. For EOD F&O prices continuous charts I think you'll have to subscribe to a data & charting service.

Laksh

I have been trading nifty for about a year. Like all, I have worked with various models and combination of models like Pivots, Trendlines, Support & resistance levels and statistical models.

It would be prudent to start a discussion on weather Intraday trading in Nifty Futures and/or options does help. In my experience trying to shave 10/20/30 points on nifty everyday seems to be a 50:50 venture. More of statistical gambling than scientific trading (Just my views, please no brickbats :) )

I am sure there are a lot of Intraday successful traders.

Having said this, IMHO, I have found comforting to be a positional trader. Most models like "Automated Nifty Futures System" or Exponential Moving average or long term trendlines have given a success rate of 70+%.

It would be good if you could share your views on this, going forward I would also like to include in this discussion various strategies and their success rates.

Warm regards,

JustNifty
hi,friend
can you elaborate more on Automated Nifty Futures System

thanks

kedar