Nifty Positional Trading Vs. Intraday Trading

I have been trading nifty for about a year. Like all, I have worked with various models and combination of models like Pivots, Trendlines, Support & resistance levels and statistical models.

It would be prudent to start a discussion on weather Intraday trading in Nifty Futures and/or options does help. In my experience trying to shave 10/20/30 points on nifty everyday seems to be a 50:50 venture. More of statistical gambling than scientific trading (Just my views, please no brickbats :) )

I am sure there are a lot of Intraday successful traders.

Having said this, IMHO, I have found comforting to be a positional trader. Most models like "Automated Nifty Futures System" or Exponential Moving average or long term trendlines have given a success rate of 70+%.

It would be good if you could share your views on this, going forward I would also like to include in this discussion various strategies and their success rates.

Warm regards,

JustNifty

H

hari09omkar

It would be good if you could share your views on this.....
50:50 venture if it is for u,then it is not prudent to go on with d system for intraday.If u r profitting from positional till date,its good.Stick to it.Profitable intraday traders r seen once in a blue moon,but at d same time we should remember dat it is NOT impossble to learn d art of day trading and d art can b learnt by spending more and more time with price-volume data.
Looking forward for ur discussion on strategies.
Hariom

I would be looking at this space, because I am interested in nifty futures.

Till now I have been trading (mostly swing) on cash market.

My questions is - do the futures & derivatives also lend themselves to TA like equities?
and EOD info for positional?

I have been trading nifty for about a year. Like all, I have worked with various models and combination of models like Pivots, Trendlines, Support & resistance levels and statistical models.

It would be prudent to start a discussion on weather Intraday trading in Nifty Futures and/or options does help. In my experience trying to shave 10/20/30 points on nifty everyday seems to be a 50:50 venture. More of statistical gambling than scientific trading (Just my views, please no brickbats :) )

I am sure there are a lot of Intraday successful traders.

Having said this, IMHO, I have found comforting to be a positional trader. Most models like "Automated Nifty Futures System" or Exponential Moving average or long term trendlines have given a success rate of 70+%.

It would be good if you could share your views on this, going forward I would also like to include in this discussion various strategies and their success rates.

Warm regards,

JustNifty
Hello JN

Interesting.

I am planning to trade nifty futures ID using only swing high/lows, SR & Trendlines. Your success rate of 70+% with positional trades is very good. Hope to get more info from you on various strategies you have mentioned.

Thanks
nb

Laksh

My questions is - do the futures & derivatives also lend themselves to TA like equities?
and EOD info for positional?
Yes, it does. The Problem is elsewhere. The problem is in risk management. In cash scrips the lot size is 1 share. Hence, you can adjust the risk element according to your need. But in FO the lot size begins with approx a value of 2 lakhs. However, there are very few shares near this contract size value. Most FO contacts are much above this value. Hence, unless you have quite a big account you cannot adjust your risk to your liking.

Laksh

PS: Is there any place where I can get chart/graph for Nifty futures on "real" time basis?
I wanna set out by doing some paper trading ...