Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Yes, you can use it on EOD basis. and i do not add any other indicators with it.

prabhsingh

Cubt,

On EOD basis,Sell Signal came on 30/09 for SPOT Nifty stop loss at 5735.Now on 01/10 Stop Loss got hit so what should have been done on 01/10 in order to avoid Stop loss getting hit and moving our SL and earning couple of points.Kindly can you assist here please.

rkkarnani

Please let me know : What are the parameters of the Supertrend being used here? As I dont use Amibroker, hence unable to understand the AFL or the parameters used therein.

Cubt

Algo Trader
One query -

Your back test result excel file (nifty super trend back test results 2008 to 2013.xlsx) does not contain 12 min time frame analysis.
It contains 5 min, 15 min, 30 min and 60 min time frame analysis since Jan 2008.
As per the excel file with a capital of INR 50k, 5 min time frame is the most profitable.

So I fail to understand how you have arrived at 12 min time frame. Kindly explain.

Chill yaar...
5 Mins gives higher profit but we need to make more no of trades in 5 MINS TF, which results in slippage n commissions, when you deduct it then final profit will be much lesser than 10/12 mins TF.

With my exp so, 10/12mins Time Frame suits well for Nifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.